2012 Uni Applicants for Photography

Scroll to see replies

Heyo! :smile:

I've applied for:
Kingston
DMU (Photography & VIdeo)
UWE
MMU
BCU (Media & Communication - Media Photography)

So far, Interview from DMU(11/1) and UWE(22/2), sent off portfolios to MMU and Kingston.

Here goes nothing :smile:
Original post by ChrisMcFall

I've applied for:
Kingston
UWE
MMU

So far, Interview from DMU(11/1) and UWE(22/2), sent off portfolios to MMU and Kingston.

Ahh good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by ChrisMcFall

I've applied for:
Kingston
UWE
MMU

when did u send off your kingston portfolio, i sent mine off at the beginning of december and just want to know already if ive got an interview, i guess im being impatient though. also was there any important info on the pages where u uploaded ur portfolio, cos i was in a rush and had to speed thru without actually reading anything :/
I sent it on the 9th. Nope, It just looked like a standard form they used for any online portfolio from what I can remember.
Reply 24
Hi :smile:
I've applied for 2 photog courses at falmouth, marine + natural history, and press + editorial photog. I've sent off both e portfolios+ written statements which I really struggled with! and I'm waiting for a response, pretty scared! Falmouths my top choice, but I've applied to Nottingham Trent, Bournemouth and uwe too. Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by :)fee
I've applied for 2 photog courses at falmouth, marine + natural history, and press + editorial photog. I've sent off both e portfolios+ written statements which I really struggled with! and I'm waiting for a response, pretty scared! Falmouths my top choice, but I've applied to Nottingham Trent, Bournemouth and uwe too. Good luck everyone :smile:

Yeah I got a reply off the person you send your applications to yesterday afternoon saying it's been forwarded to the course team and they'll get back to me in a few weeks. Really impatient! Have you heard anything from NTU or Bournemouth?
Reply 26
Yeah! I got that email this morning, feels like ages to wait for a reply. And all I've had from Bournemouth is an aknowledgement of application, and nothing from NTU but one of my friends didn't get an aknowledgement they just got invited to an interview after a couple of weeks. But I'm not too worried they haven't responded yet as its been Christmas break.
Reply 27

I applied to Falmouth also in the hopes of being accepted onto either the Marine and Natural History Photography course or Photography. They've acknowleged my application and say I'm currently on step 4 where they want me to send in an e portfolio, then after that maybe be considered for an interview. They sent me both letters just before Christmas but told me not to do anything yet as they will email me with details about how to send it in? I've been waiting weeks and haven't received an email yet. Should I wait a little longer or get in contact? Or should I have sent it off already? I know it's been the Christmas period but Cumbria have offered me an interview also so I was expecting a reply from Falmouth by now. Probably me being stupid but I'm dying to go to Falmouth!
No from BCU! Ah well :tongue: DMU and UWE interviews to come! :smile:
Reply 29
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread in the hope that someone mentions the uni's i've applied for, i've applied to

London college of communication
London south bank
Middlesex
Westminster
Kingston

has anyone heard anything from or applied to these uni's?
Original post by torie3591
I applied to Falmouth also in the hopes of being accepted onto either the Marine and Natural History Photography course or Photography. They've acknowleged my application and say I'm currently on step 4 where they want me to send in an e portfolio, then after that maybe be considered for an interview. They sent me both letters just before Christmas but told me not to do anything yet as they will email me with details about how to send it in? I've been waiting weeks and haven't received an email yet. Should I wait a little longer or get in contact? Or should I have sent it off already? I know it's been the Christmas period but Cumbria have offered me an interview also so I was expecting a reply from Falmouth by now. Probably me being stupid but I'm dying to go to Falmouth!

Hmmm, I probably got the email a similar time to you. I'd email them now if I were you just to check, if you haven't got an email saying what they're expecting you to send in and mention that you need to have sent it within two weeks then maybe you don't need to have done anything as of yet. I'd email just to make sure if I were you really. :smile:
Yeah! I got that email this morning, feels like ages to wait for a reply. And all I've had from Bournemouth is an aknowledgement of application, and nothing from NTU but one of my friends didn't get an aknowledgement they just got invited to an interview after a couple of weeks. But I'm not too worried they haven't responded yet as its been Christmas break.

Heard anything from NTU? I got an email this morning from them, they want me to send a powerpoint with 12 of my photographs! Ahhh
Reply 32
Glad this thread has become useful :smile:

I ended up applying to:
-Nottingham Trent
-Manchester Met
-Kingston
-Northumbria
-UCLan
and my college finally sent my application off this week, a month after I sent them it! So just waiting now...

could someone who's applied to MMU tell me how many photos they ask for on the online portfolio? just preparing myself for if I do get asked for online portfolios
and also, how long do the unis usually give you to get your online portfolios done and sent to them?
Original post by LauraG1992
Glad this thread has become useful :smile:

I ended up applying to:
-Nottingham Trent
-Manchester Met
-Kingston
-Northumbria
-UCLan
and my college finally sent my application off this week, a month after I sent them it! So just waiting now...

could someone who's applied to MMU tell me how many photos they ask for on the online portfolio? just preparing myself for if I do get asked for online portfolios
and also, how long do the unis usually give you to get your online portfolios done and sent to them?

kingston give you 14 days and u have to upload 10 images and a 300 word statement
Original post by Jessie94
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread in the hope that someone mentions the uni's i've applied for, i've applied to

London college of communication
London south bank
Middlesex
Westminster
Kingston

has anyone heard anything from or applied to these uni's?

I've applied to lcc and kingston, ive sent kingston my digital portfolio and am just waiting to see if ive got an interview or just been rejected. nothing from lcc but apparently they wait till they have everyone's then just send out rejections or invitiations to interview which will be in feb :smile:
Reply 35
Hey guys, I've got a new student project which can gain you national exposure and experience in photography or any other media subjects. If you're interested or want any more information please contact me on [email protected] :smile: x
Reply 36
Original post by rayray12310
kingston give you 14 days and u have to upload 10 images and a 300 word statement

ok that's really helpful thankyou:smile:
Falmouth want to interview me!! Ahhh! Has anyone had any experience with interviews yet? So nervous!
Reply 38
Original post by procrastination...
Falmouth want to interview me!! Ahhh! Has anyone had any experience with interviews yet? So nervous!

I got an interview at Falmouth too! So, so nervous! I found out that my friend who is doing the same course as me at college has got the same time and date for the interview too, so it'll be nice to have someone there for familiarity. I'm nervous too! I think everyone will be since it's such a popular course with high competition. Where abouts are you travelling from? :smile:
Original post by soph6
I got an interview at Falmouth too! So, so nervous! I found out that my friend who is doing the same course as me at college has got the same time and date for the interview too, so it'll be nice to have someone there for familiarity. I'm nervous too! I think everyone will be since it's such a popular course with high competition. Where abouts are you travelling from? :smile:

Ooer, does that mean there will be two people to an interview? Or do you mean for a different course? Yeah, Falmouth is one of my top choices, so I really want to do well. I'm in the West Midlands so it's like a 6 hour drive down! What about you? What are you doing about bringing in work? As I remember at the open day one of the course tutors said to bring "everything but the kitchen sink" so I'm thinking that's a lot of work to bring, but then in the letter it says to make it simple, so my initial thought was to make a photobook but it might work out expensive. Too many things to think about! :tongue: ah dear

Quick Reply

Latest