The Student Room Group

2012 Uni Applicants for Photography

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fernandolive
Hey guys!

I just have a little question as Im undecisive at the moment. I have been accepted to both Falmouth and Newport University. However I cant seem to decide to which I should go to.

So where would you go and why?

thanks

Depends on the course really, Newport has an awesome reputation for documentary & a pretty decent one for Photographic Art... & given that I didn't apply to Falmouth but I do have a place at Newport, I'd go for that :wink: entirely unhelpful I know :L it depends on what you're looking for - the style of teaching, reputation, course content, location etc etc. have a made lists of pros & cons for each? That helps me :smile:
Original post by twinlensreflex
Depends on the course really, Newport has an awesome reputation for documentary & a pretty decent one for Photographic Art... & given that I didn't apply to Falmouth but I do have a place at Newport, I'd go for that :wink: entirely unhelpful I know :L it depends on what you're looking for - the style of teaching, reputation, course content, location etc etc. have a made lists of pros & cons for each? That helps me :smile:

I'll give the Falmouth side

Amazing facilities for everything - studios , machine processing for film, Nikon affiliated
Purpose built Photography Centre
Great Reputation for Photography.

only problem is that the campus is nowhere near town but you can get the bus for like 60p .

Ask me anything else you want to know.

Marcus
(edited 12 years ago)
Conditional offer from Nottingham Trent!!
Help!!
Basically, I've got unconditional offers from Middlesex and London College of Communication, both for BA Photography. I honestly didn't think I had a place at LCC, as the interview didn't go that well, but now I don't know what to do. I loved the campus and the atmosphere of Middlesex and the people seemed friendlier, and the only reason I'm confused is because LCC has such an amazing reputation am I turning down a massive opportunity if I then don't take the place? In the interviewing process LCC made a massive deal about how even getting as far as an interview is incredible and how prestigious and important it is as a Uni, any advice from anyone would be helpful!
Original post by procrastination...

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 405

congrats!
Reply 406

I got one from Trent too today :biggrin:

Also have offers from Derby and Leicester (Photography and video), not sure which to choose.
I just got an offer from Edinburgh College of Art :biggrin: <3
Reply 408
offer from Manchester Met, only had the interview Friday afternoon!
still waiting to hear back from my Nottingham interview..
Original post by hkate
I got one from Trent too today :biggrin:

Also have offers from Derby and Leicester (Photography and video), not sure which to choose.

I know someone who went to Derby, he seemed to like it... If by Leicester you mean DMU's Photography & Video, I go see their degree show every year. Some nice stuff :smile:
Reply 410
heya!

Im applying for BA hons Photography at LCC, had an interview on the 1st of March bust still havent heard from them :frown: just got an email saying i needed to be patient... soo freaking stressful this waiting is :P anyone else applying to LCC? :smile:
I just declined my unconditional from LCC and confirmed my place at Middlesex. Honestly I don't think LCC has **** on Middlesex. Plus the photography lecturer seems awesome!
Reply 412
Original post by Abbylouisecooper
I just declined my unconditional from LCC and confirmed my place at Middlesex. Honestly I don't think LCC has **** on Middlesex. Plus the photography lecturer seems awesome!

I applied to Middlesex too,for BA photograohy but prefer LCC tbh. As for Middlesex, i havent got an answer from them yet, sucks;/

So u r gonna study at Hendon?:smile:
I just got an offer from Edinburgh College of Art :biggrin: <3

Well done! :smile: Did you apply for first or second year entry? I applied for second, still waiting to hear anything...
Original post by Astroknots
Well done! :smile: Did you apply for first or second year entry? I applied for second, still waiting to hear anything...

I applied for 2nd, but I was considered/have a place for 1st. I don't have a foundation so I'm not surprised! Did you go to any of the applicant days?

I'm on my way to Brighton for my last interview 8) don't actually need this one though. :biggrin:
I applied for 2nd, but I was considered/have a place for 1st. I don't have a foundation so I'm not surprised! Did you go to any of the applicant days?

I'm on my way to Brighton for my last interview 8) don't actually need this one though. :biggrin:

Yeah I got an invitation to an applicant day a few weeks back, I have an offer from Napier so far. Still, good luck with Brighton too!
Original post by alex_11
I applied to Middlesex too,for BA photograohy but prefer LCC tbh. As for Middlesex, i havent got an answer from them yet, sucks;/

So u r gonna study at Hendon?:smile:

Yes Hendon is where the arts department is based, good luck!
Reply 417
Original post by Abbylouisecooper
Yes Hendon is where the arts department is based, good luck!

yep, i know:smile: congratulations. r u from London? im moving there in July. Gotta find a place. Do u know if u gonna live in halls or u rather wanna rent something?:smile:
Yeah i live in Enfield, Middlesex, but It would be a pain to travel 2 times a day. I want to get into halls but they consider people living in London last :frown: so I'm thinking I might try look for a house to share, what about you?
Reply 419

I applied for second and was considered for first too, this has made me so anxious. They've never changed my ucas to 1st year entry, did they update yours at all before your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest