I'm being annoyingly indecisive :sigh:

I'm now thinking

Southampton AAB
Sussex AAB
Loughborough AAB/ABB

then the two that keep changing

Kent AAB/ABB
Leicester ABB

the fact I need to resit a maths module to get my grades from AAC to AAB is scaring me slightly, I'm worried no one is even going to consider me :sad:
I'm going to be ridiculously ambitious with my application, probably won't be successful with it but it's worth a try! I'm thinking really to just get my grades up as high as I can this year and apply for 2013, applying with A2 grades is a lot more comforting and I know I will do so much better this year (fingers crossed!)

Going for:

Durham (A*AA - probably no chance but worth a shot!)
Warwick (AAA) - adore the course, this would be a dream.
Bristol (AAA-AAB)
Exeter V102 - (AAB-ABB)
Lancaster or Southampton (AAB)

It's worth a shot, don't want to look back and think 'what if?'.
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I'm being annoyingly indecisive :sigh:

I'm now thinking

Southampton AAB
Sussex AAB
Loughborough AAB/ABB

then the two that keep changing

Kent AAB/ABB
Leicester ABB

the fact I need to resit a maths module to get my grades from AAC to AAB is scaring me slightly, I'm worried no one is even going to consider me :sad:

There's no reason they wouldn't consider you at all, you've only got a little to jump! I can't speak for all the unis you've listed but I emailed Southampton and they don't mind resits at all. Best of luck, you'll do fine :smile:
Original post by FuzzySheep
There's no reason they wouldn't consider you at all, you've only got a little to jump! I can't speak for all the unis you've listed but I emailed Southampton and they don't mind resits at all. Best of luck, you'll do fine :smile:

That's good, Southampton is number one choice for me :yep:

Apparantly I was 2% off an A* for history according to what my teacher just emailed me, how annoying :laugh:

I will email Sussex and Loughborough as one of them will be second choice.
That's good, Southampton is number one choice for me :yep:

Apparantly I was 2% off an A* for history according to what my teacher just emailed me, how annoying :laugh:

I will email Sussex and Loughborough as one of them will be second choice.

Their prospectus was very pretty :tongue: I'm still considering them as they do quite a bit with languages which something I'd love to do alongside history.

Ouch! Any chance of a remark?

Sussex looks great, not heard much about Loughborough yet! After results day I emailed every uni I could for reassurance because I was full on panicking (:tongue:) and the answers they gave were really nice so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
I'm going to be ridiculously ambitious with my application, probably won't be successful with it but it's worth a try! I'm thinking really to just get my grades up as high as I can this year and apply for 2013, applying with A2 grades is a lot more comforting and I know I will do so much better this year (fingers crossed!)

Going for:

Durham (A*AA - probably no chance but worth a shot!)
Warwick (AAA) - adore the course, this would be a dream.
Bristol (AAA-AAB)
Exeter V102 - (AAB-ABB)
Lancaster or Southampton (AAB)

It's worth a shot, don't want to look back and think 'what if?'.

NOOOOOOO!!! Dont tell me Warwicks moved their requirements to AAA!!! :frown:
Original post by chocoholic.
NOOOOOOO!!! Dont tell me Warwicks moved their requirements to AAA!!! :frown:

They have unfortunately, 2012 History requirements seem to have all gone up :frown: If you can get the predictions, I'm sure you have a chance! It's worth the risk :smile:
Their prospectus was very pretty :tongue: I'm still considering them as they do quite a bit with languages which something I'd love to do alongside history.

Ouch! Any chance of a remark?

Sussex looks great, not heard much about Loughborough yet! After results day I emailed every uni I could for reassurance because I was full on panicking (:tongue:) and the answers they gave were really nice so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

I would but when I need an A and I'mc convinced I don't deserve my A, I'm not going to risk it :ninja;

I've been to southampton open day.. went with my best friend she hated it but I loved it :iiam:

When I hear back from the other two I'm hoping I'll be slightly reassured. Especially as sussex because they ask for AAB but gave said best friend an A*AB offer last year :afraid:
I would but when I need an A and I'mc convinced I don't deserve my A, I'm not going to risk it :ninja;

I've been to southampton open day.. went with my best friend she hated it but I loved it :iiam:

When I hear back from the other two I'm hoping I'll be slightly reassured. Especially as sussex because they ask for AAB but gave said best friend an A*AB offer last year :afraid:

Aww, fair enough. An A is what they're all asking for anyway so you're safe! :biggrin:

I really should start visiting places, I'm just assuming I'm going to like everywhere I go to. :redface:

That's crazy, did they give an explanation? :eek: Hopefully she got in regardless? Stories like that scare me, haha!
Aww, fair enough. An A is what they're all asking for anyway so you're safe! :biggrin:

I really should start visiting places, I'm just assuming I'm going to like everywhere I go to. :redface:

That's crazy, did they give an explanation? :eek: Hopefully she got in regardless? Stories like that scare me, haha!

It helps, my cousin (a year younger but because of my gap yah is applying now aswell) thought he really loved Lancaster and after visiting has decided it's not for him at all aha

Well she was predicted A*AA so they gave the offer of A*AB and she got A*AD so she didn't get in :frown:
It helps, my cousin (a year younger but because of my gap yah is applying now aswell) thought he really loved Lancaster and after visiting has decided it's not for him at all aha

Well she was predicted A*AA so they gave the offer of A*AB and she got A*AD so she didn't get in :frown:

Eek, will start looking up the open days then! Have you visited many other places? :smile: I'm actually just taking this year to get my grades up as much as possible because I don't think I'll realistically get any offers from where I want to go, so I'd like the gap year to reapply.

Aww, that sucks :frown: Did she get into her insurance or is she reapplying?
Eek, will start looking up the open days then! Have you visited many other places? :smile: I'm actually just taking this year to get my grades up as much as possible because I don't think I'll realistically get any offers from where I want to go, so I'd like the gap year to reapply.

Aww, that sucks :frown: Did she get into her insurance or is she reapplying?

What grades have you got so far?

I pretty much did that, my AS results were initially bccc, resat in January to get them up to aabb but obviously I had crap predictions until that point so when I got the good grades and potential to do well it was too late.

Only Soton so far, but I'm visiting Sussex and Lobourgh too.

She got into her insurance which she is happy with, just a bit sad to do so well in the two subjects that mattered and screw up the third completely.
What grades have you got so far?

I pretty much did that, my AS results were initially bccc, resat in January to get them up to aabb but obviously I had crap predictions until that point so when I got the good grades and potential to do well it was too late.

Only Soton so far, but I'm visiting Sussex and Lobourgh too.

She got into her insurance which she is happy with, just a bit sad to do so well in the two subjects that mattered and screw up the third completely.

I got ABCC, but I've been somehow predicted A*AA. I'm actually going to ask one of my teachers to bring down an A to a B because I'm paranoid that the universities I apply to won't take me seriously. Things are going into my reference to support it but still :s-smilie:

That's a massive improvement in your January modules, gives me hope! :smile: I think it's much better to wait and go somewhere you'll do well and really like so I'm quite happy with the gap year idea.

Mmm, it's a shame :frown: As long as she's happy at her insurance, then that's all that matters!
I got ABCC, but I've been somehow predicted A*AA. I'm actually going to ask one of my teachers to bring down an A to a B because I'm paranoid that the universities I apply to won't take me seriously. Things are going into my reference to support it but still :s-smilie:

That's a massive improvement in your January modules, gives me hope! :smile: I think it's much better to wait and go somewhere you'll do well and really like so I'm quite happy with the gap year idea.

Mmm, it's a shame :frown: As long as she's happy at her insurance, then that's all that matters!

100% my view! and it's doable, especially if you are lucky as I was to only need to resit one module from each of the Cs. They were all cases of an A and an E which made it easier :o:

what's your favourite era of history?
100% my view! and it's doable, especially if you are lucky as I was to only need to resit one module from each of the Cs. They were all cases of an A and an E which made it easier :o:

what's your favourite era of history?

I have the same situation, an A in one module and a C/D in another! Irritating, but thankfully fixable :tongue:

Mostly 19th/20th century history, especially British and Indian. I have a soft spot for medieval religious history, the Crusades and the Reformation are both quite funky I think! How about you? :smile:

Have you started on your PS?
I got BCC for AS, GOD I NEED TO BE PREDICTED AAB!
I have the same situation, an A in one module and a C/D in another! Irritating, but thankfully fixable :tongue:

Mostly 19th/20th century history, especially British and Indian. I have a soft spot for medieval religious history, the Crusades and the Reformation are both quite funky I think! How about you? :smile:

Have you started on your PS?

That's actually a pretty good situation to be in, it's easy to jump from an E/D/C to a good grade but if you were to have BB etc then it's so much harder to improve overall.

Love the reformations but am definitely fondest of 20th century German and european history.

I have pretty much finished mine other than constant refinements and people reviewing it to make those niggly improvements. It's definitely worth getting it out of the way sooner rather than later if you haven't started already :yes:
Original post by NapoleonDynamite

Will your school be willing to do that? I got BCCC for AS and wouldn't get predicted higher than BBB for A2, which is fair enough :o:
Original post by NapoleonDynamite

I prepared a big long speech to my teachers if they didn't predict me what I needed. If you just explain where you're looking to apply, and make little plans for work to hand in as extra (for resits etc), then it'll work in your favour. For example, I told my Philosophy teacher that I'd do a full resit past paper every 3 weeks for him to mark and go to AS classes/extra study sessions so I could discuss things properly. As long as you show you're dedicated (which you are!) getting your predictions shouldn't be impossible at all!

Sorry for the ramble :redface:
Will your school be willing to do that? I got BCCC for AS and wouldn't get predicted higher than BBB for A2, which is fair enough :o:

I prepared a big long speech to my teachers if they didn't predict me what I needed. If you just explain where you're looking to apply, and make little plans for work to hand in as extra (for resits etc), then it'll work in your favour. For example, I told my Philosophy teacher that I'd do a full resit past paper every 3 weeks for him to mark and go to AS classes/extra study sessions so I could discuss things properly. As long as you show you're dedicated (which you are!) getting your predictions shouldn't be impossible at all!

Sorry for the ramble :redface:

I think it's possible with hard work. I have history coursework this year that I'm determined to ace so I could get an A in it. It was a very high C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending