The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ninouka
Oh no!!!

now I am really worried. I clicked to accept then scanned and emailed the signed forms and have since emailed twice asking for confirmation but have received none. I have also triple checked that it was the correct email address and spam folders etc.

Does anyone have a telephone number I could call? My coordinator is Laura (44C)

I sent mine by post and emailed yesterday asking for confirmation that they received it. No response yet
i clicked the "accept" button as soon as i got the email a few weeks ago, sent the form in the post a few days later, then rechecked the button, clicked again and it said "according to our system you have already accepted". haven't got a confirmation of receipt or anything but to be honest I think it's fine. As long as they're aware of you accepting (whether through post, email, or whatever, i think it's fine.

remember, they need you more than you need them. it is in their best interests to make sure they have enough people.
Is it too late to apply?
Reply 2003
Original post by tylergardener

Just received an absolute body blow. An email from casting stating that as they had not received my acceptance paperwork I have now been placed on the reserve list.

I returned this by post on the 17th of January and emailed my cast coordinator to that effect. who assured me that they were still dealing with acceptances and if there was a problem would be in touch

So much for the extended deadline of the 6th of February mentioned on this forum.

I have emailed for an explanation and will keep you all informed of the outcome.

Gutted! :frown:

I'm really sorry to hear that, but it just goes to show that the only thing we can do with the communications is to read, double read, and triple read everything they send. The only control we have over this whole process is when they ask us to do something. For those still waiting, if you get an email with positive new, dance around the room, scream, shout, phone your mum, do whatever, but don't do anything until you have completely taken in what they've said. The click here message was quite clear.

The whole point of the 'Click Here' button is to inform them that you've seen the offer, and they know to look out for your signed forms. Without that, you're just a black hole. They've communicated with you, but don't know it's coming back.

Let's all learn from this. Lecture over. I hope you manage to sort it out to your satisfaction TG.

//RocKeR
Original post by RocKeRG
I'm really sorry to hear that, but it just goes to show that the only thing we can do with the communications is to read, double read, and triple read everything they send. The only control we have over this whole process is when they ask us to do something. For those still waiting, if you get an email with positive new, dance around the room, scream, shout, phone your mum, do whatever, but don't do anything until you have completely taken in what they've said. The click here message was quite clear.

The whole point of the 'Click Here' button is to inform them that you've seen the offer, and they know to look out for your signed forms. Without that, you're just a black hole. They've communicated with you, but don't know it's coming back.

Let's all learn from this. Lecture over. I hope you manage to sort it out to your satisfaction TG.

//RocKeR

Thanks RocKeR, I really needed that right now.
yup :L
Original post by RocKeRG

//RocKeR

Massively harsh and not needed, at all. I take it you never make mistakes?
Reply 2007
Original post by Mandy_Panda
omg. Call them. Right now. Explain it's an oversight.

Agree - phone them rather than any more emails. Tell them you clicked the accept bit even if you are not sure if you did or not (to be honest the instructions aren't massively clear and don't say if you don't do every bit you'll be made a reserve) and sent in post and email to confirm acceptance. Their systems probably crashed on the day we finally got emails so there are bound to be some oversights and cockups. I'm sure they can switch you back to 'performer' if you get someone on the phone from casting.

It all seems random. I got an email (only after sending 2 or 3) to confirm they received my emailed attachments (despite the fact I clicked, posted and scanned - none of which were acknowledged). What a nightmare!!!!
There is a phone no. somewhere posted on the site but this one may be a useful starting point - a switchboard no. 020 3 2012 000. I also have a direct no for one of the cast managers which I could send to you but I don't want to inundate her phone.
Reply 2009
Original post by fyrecracker
anybody else like to kill whoever is sending flippin emails with '2012' in the subject line ... mini heart attack every time!!!

xxx

Absolutely!

tylergardener I really hope you get this sorted. You have proof in e-mails that you were aware of the offer and that you'd sent the forms in, plus there might even be dated proof that you said you sent the forms on this forum. Don't despair, if they are reasonable they should accept all this and relent.

Perhaps only certain sections got the extension to the 6th. Was it just mandypanda that got this e-mail or have other people with offers also received it?
Reply 2010
Just received an absolute body blow. An email from casting stating that as they had not received my acceptance paperwork I have now been placed on the reserve list.

I returned this by post on the 17th of January and emailed my cast coordinator to that effect. who assured me that they were still dealing with acceptances and if there was a problem would be in touch

So much for the extended deadline of the 6th of February mentioned on this forum.

I have emailed for an explanation and will keep you all informed of the outcome.

Oh no, hopefully they sort this out soon, it's only 1 day after the closing date so surely they still have a place for you. I did think the email was a bit confusing, there was a lot to take in, especially when you are excited about the news. Let us know, best of luck in getting your place back asap!

Do try ringing 02012 402 040, you may have to leave a phone message but they do get back to you quite quickly. Then I'd suggest you beg/cry/do whatever you need to do. Their email wasn't well designed, I almost missed the 'click here to accept' link, and it's not as if they've kept to their deadlines or been that well organised themselves. I think calling can be more effective than an email. The last thing they need is more bad pr so try being a little bit pushy - they obviously thought you good enough for a place and you've given your time doing the rehearsals etc and you thought you'd done what was necessary to reply. Don't give up!
Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei
Is it too late to apply?

i think you can still apply. Good luck!

tell them your net connection froze as you clicked accept, then the window closed so you thought it had worked... LIE!
Reply 2014

I'm really sorry. That was totally insensitive of me. I hope you get through and get it sorted. I'll shut up now.
Original post by Caroline27
Do try ringing 02012 402 040, you may have to leave a phone message but they do get back to you quite quickly. Then I'd suggest you beg/cry/do whatever you need to do. Their email wasn't well designed, I almost missed the 'click here to accept' link, and it's not as if they've kept to their deadlines or been that well organised themselves. I think calling can be more effective than an email. The last thing they need is more bad pr so try being a little bit pushy - they obviously thought you good enough for a place and you've given your time doing the rehearsals etc and you thought you'd done what was necessary to reply. Don't give up!

I agree Tyler. Let us know how you get on. I have accepted 10 days ago by clicking the link "I accept" and sent my forms by first class post. I have received no acknowledgement but I didn't expect any.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - it all seems a bit shambolic tbh.
Reply 2016
What time of the day are people usually getting their emails through? I saw earlier someone said lunchtimes but I have received my previous "We've not forgotten you" emails in the evenings...

Thanks!
x
Original post by Davey000
What time of the day are people usually getting their emails through? I saw earlier someone said lunchtimes but I have received my previous "We've not forgotten you" emails in the evenings...

Thanks!
x

usually 12, 3 and 5 ish!
Hi all, Thanks for your support and commiserations.

I did as suggested and eventualy got through to casting on the phone.

Managed to persuade them that I had done everthing correctly and have been reinstated !

Can't tell you how relieved I am, I'd buy everyone of you a drink right now,even you rocKeRG LOL.
Original post by wickedgrin
I agree Tyler. Let us know how you get on. I have accepted 10 days ago by clicking the link "I accept" and sent my forms by first class post. I have received no acknowledgement but I didn't expect any.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - it all seems a bit shambolic tbh.

i guess it is a mammoth task though.

Latest