The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Flakeydom - as our esteemed spreadsheet editor-in-chief do you know how many people have contributed to this site?! It's fame seems to be spreading rapidly with several lurkers finally coming out of the woodwork!
Sorry see you have just answered my query Flakeydom!
Reply 2082
Original post by Flakeydom

Oooh - well spotted. I must have missed that while updating the spreadsheet. Now corrected - we have one reserve and one opening from that date but still also the biggest % of 'Not Heards'

And yes... welcome to the madhouse! I feel sometimes this thread might be a little like Auditionee Anonymous with the goal to step away from the email!

BelleRLH - I've got 5 posters who said they auditioned on 30 Nov. One is in the closing ceremony and the other 4 (including you) are waiting to hear after they all had a 'Don't Worry' mail on 19 Jan.

Altogether, we've got 143 people who've posted on this thread about a second audition and 41 who are still waiting to hear or haven't posted to tell us a result.

What's the latest date you've got for first phase auditions? Is it the 3rd December? Was anyone else there for the drumming audition?
Reply 2083
Yes, I got the "don't worry" email but did wonder if I'd maybe missed another one because it went in my spam folder. Perhaps not.

I didn't realise that the recalls were put together depending on your skills....
Reply 2084
Goodness gracious people! Read all this tonight, after being out and about all day, with my heart in my mouth. Had to explain to my very good friend over pizza....who was initially "I dont know who these people are" but by the end of the night was "Tylergardner being reinstated is the best thing ever!!!"
Glad you got your (well-deserved) place back TylerG ... but definitely would have been up for a protest march if not!
Here's hoping for good news tomorrow all. x
Reply 2085
Original post by BelleRLH

Yes, I got the "don't worry" email but did wonder if I'd maybe missed another one because it went in my spam folder. Perhaps not.

I didn't realise that the recalls were put together depending on your skills....

I don't know about skill. It seems that you only had to turn up if you're a bloke, not that I'm complaining mind! But I can see how galling it must be for the women being overlooked despite their skills.

Actually, Flakeydom, do your stats include 'Sex', so to speak? I haven't heard of any blokes who are on hold or in reserves here?
Reply 2086
Original post by Miss Lister
There might be something to this as I am in section 49f and I am short! well, 5 ft 4, so average-ish. How short is short?:biggrin: I also far from young, in my 40's.

Original post by *Showgirl*
I am in section 49 and am short too (and 30)....maybe there is some kind of theme with this section!!

x

In my case 5 ft 4 and 30 something (with the emphasis on the "something")... have yet to hear from any taller hip-hop 49-ers? Curious!

Awesome username Showgirl!
Original post by RocKeRG
What's the latest date you've got for first phase auditions? Is it the 3rd December?

I've got one who posted once to say he'd had a posing audition on 14 Dec that I'm taking with a pinch of salt. Otherwise, yes, 3 December is the last one with you and flyingpigs. You are on both and flyingpigs is in 44b.

Original post by RocKeRG

Actually, Flakeydom, do your stats include 'Sex', so to speak? I haven't heard of any blokes who are on hold or in reserves here?

Um no - since not everyone uses the little symbol so haven't collected it. Looking at the user names, it's obvious that most are women but there may be a few ambiguous ones that are blokes.
Reply 2088

I've got one who posted once to say he'd had a posing audition on 14 Dec that I'm taking with a pinch of salt. Otherwise, yes, 3 December is the last one with you and flyingpigs. You are on both and flyingpigs is in 44b.

Um no - since not everyone uses the little symbol so haven't collected it. Looking at the user names, it's obvious that most are women but there may be a few ambiguous ones that are blokes.

Ah yes. We've already re-sexed John ' Tylergardener'! Lol
Reply 2089
Original post by LauraN1

Original post by LauraN1
Hm, there was a post by sausageandmash who also attended the recall on the 25th and she (he?) posted that she received an offer for a character / movement role for opening sequence on the 16th Jan. That completely throws all of my theories. Ahhhhh!!!

By the way, having just read old posts is really heartbreaking. There are all the posts from the 19th/20th and everyone hoping that this finally is THE day. And here we are - two weeks later and still no news.

There were 2 auditions on the 25th Nov, as a work colleague attended the other which was dance based. She was selected a few weeks ago to play a role in the closing ceremony. Could be clutching at straws that S&M was at the other audition and not ours??????

I'm really glad I came across you all. My husband just doesn't understand my compulsive email checking etc. It's good to have found likeminded people!!!
And now I'm really off to bed - after another final email check!

Laura

There were 2 auditions on the 25th Nov, as a work colleague attended the other which was dance based. She was selected a few weeks ago to play a role in the closing ceremony. Could be clutching at straws that S&M was at the other audition and not ours??????
Original post by Bignic12

Morning all!

I was def in the strange mike audition with BigNic12 and Essex Girl (EG I think you were in my group - did you give the judge some sweets :smile:) and now LauraN1 too.

On the reserve list since 20th Jan. Not sure why 'singled out' of this team as I'm over 40, little chubby :biggrin:, and did what everyone else did! Spent most of the audition sitting in the audience so maybe good skills for a reserve 'sitting on the bench' :confused:

Good luck everyone today - yesterday was certainly an eventful one. Here's hoping for some good news swaps today esp. for all the Mike Girls and Boys - I toast your patience!

MG
Reply 2091
I turn 30 this year. Celebrations are on hold until I hear about this because it's just before the Olympics and in that rehearsal schedule scores of posts back there are quite a few rehearsals around then.

I got hooked by the Olympics in Atlanta and was in Trafalgar Square for the London bid victory announcement. I still wear my very faded Back the Bid/leap for London T-shirt from time to time and I have a framed Back the Bid poster at home (gymnast doing flairs on the gherkin). I went to the Sydney Olympics and it was one of the best times in my life (got all the gymnastics and athletics tickets, was a lot easier being foreign!). I can't wait to see that buzz hit London.

I'm so desperate to get a place in that closing ceremony. Last night was one of my choir rehearsals and for the last few weeks they've been itching to get an answer and once again I had nothing to tell them. Wearing my flag logo T-shirt in the hope that today will be the day. Here we go again...
Well deduced Mike Girl that was me with the sweeties, which the Judge refused. Perhaps because I kept them in my bra!

Be checking in and out all day, as usual!

EG
I'm waiting to hear still! I auditioned in the evening on the 30th November but I can't see many people on here who were there. Is there any time scale for us knowing? It's killing me as other people find out and I've got no idea when we'll be told...
xx

Hi BelleRLH ..... I auditioned that evening, and so did Kit_Yan ... neither of us have heard yet either. We had the first "We have not forgotten you" email a couple of weeks ago, but not the second one that some people have had this week.

Its good to know someone else who was at the same audition hasnt heard either though!!! Until they say a definite 'NO' I think we're still in with a chance.

xxx
Original post by Cello008
Hello BelleRLH, I have been reading these posts for the last few days and felt the same as you. Having seen your posting I felt compelled to respond. I too auditioned on 30th Nov. The only notification I have received is the email 'Don't worry...be happy...etc ha ha' but only the one on 19th Jan. since then nada! Again reassuring to know we seem all to be in the same boat...good news absolutely for those who have heard. Hope we hear soon too!x

Great news (hahahaha!!!) thats four of us from that audition that havent heard yet!!! Me, you, Kit_Yan and BelleRLH

Until they say a definite 'NO' I think we're still in with a chance!!

XXX
Original post by Essex Girl
Well deduced Mike Girl that was me with the sweeties, which the Judge refused. Perhaps because I kept them in my bra!

EG

Hey EG - that's cool! Good luck today. Maybe they're saving us 'larger' ladies to sing (mime?) backing for Adele and we had to show we could hold a microphone and stand on stage :biggrin:

MG
Reply 2096

LOL
Original post by Mandy_Panda
possibly punctuality too, even though it was unavoidable and not cornishscots fault :frown:

First off I take these comments in the spirit intended and am not offended by them.

Secondly, I kept the casting team fully informed about travel difficulties and when they said they would wait I did make considerable effort to still get there regardless of how late that ended up being. They could, after all, have said "sorry you need to re-schedule" or just eliminate me there and then for punctuality reasons - nobody forced them to see me!

This also reassured me and thus detracted a lot from the "feeling flustered" sensation I would otherwise have maybe felt in these circs.

They also knew that I had successfully managed to get there on at least 2 previous occasions for the performer's audition and had been notified the result of that being placed on RESERVE and, it is for this reason alone, that I prefer to go with that theory as to why I was not allowed to be a behind the scenes casting volunteer rather than the lack of punctuality suggested earlier (for whatever and justified reason that happened) or not being able to "remain calm under pressure".

However, all somewhat academic now of course but I thought I would nevertheless post again just to clear that up before we all move on to the present and the never ending wait for the "not heards".

All the best to everyone in the meantime. Tis a really good supportive community on here for sure !
(edited 12 years ago)
* post replaced with new version *
(edited 12 years ago)

EG

Bribery? :biggrin:

Latest