The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Got my email too. Yay, cant wait to hear, I just really hope I am in, I so want to do this.
Good luck everyone, at least we know the wait wont be for much longer.
Reply 341
I had an email conversation with a really nice girl at ceremonies, she said they hoped in the next week to have the replies out to everybody - no matter what the outcome. Everybody will receive an email at the same time/day. Also if they say you at a dance audition for example and thought you were better suited somewhere else you would be cast there. Hopefully we will know more this week.
The wait is just intense.
'We hope you had a great holiday and we wish you all the best for the new year: 2012 has finally come! We are sure it is going to be a great Olympic year.
In few days we will be emailing with the results of your auditions and we wish you the best of luck.'

I never got this email which other people seem to have received...has anyone else not received an email? do you guys think this means something?
Well done everybody!
:2012: = :party:
:king1: for us?
Original post by happyending
'We hope you had a great holiday and we wish you all the best for the new year: 2012 has finally come! We are sure it is going to be a great Olympic year.
In few days we will be emailing with the results of your auditions and we wish you the best of luck.'

I never got this email which other people seem to have received...has anyone else not received an email? do you guys think this means something?

I haven't got anything. I shouldn't worry!
still nothing to report either way here alas <sigh> c'mon Olympics Ceremonies Team - extract the digit willya (bm blood pressure is going ever higher with the suspense of it all, you must know by now who you want from the first tranche of auditionees, surely!)
Yes I am checking my email every 10 minutes too! To think I applied for this last August! Just about given up on it now to be honest.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 348
It's been more than a few days now. I don't think i'm going to be able to do it if i do get in. My work's being gay and changing my contract which means i might now be able to make it to rehearsals =[ Anyone else think they can no longer commit?
Reply 349
This is doing my head in!!

By the way I know this isn't to do with the topic but could we not use the word gay to describe stuff as crap or generally negative. I'm sure it wasn't meant to offend and know it's been used at schools over the past 15 years or so but in my book it's still really offensive. We wouldn't use 'black' or 'jewish' to describe a negative experience
would we? So please think before you post/speak.

Rant over

Thanks
Reply 350
Shall we sing a song? :smile:
@ 1983Mike - that link you've just posted is for people to audition to take part in the ParalympicGames (13th Feb. closing date). You don't think the ceremonies team are going to wait until that date has passed before letting us know the outcome of our auditions last Nov/Dec. do you? Sincerely hope not otherwise they might just find that their drop out rate is considerably higher than budgeted for. Life goes on outside of the Olympics for us all and whilst we really do want to do this, we also have to be realistic and therefore need to know what is/isn't required now re. rehearsals etc. we have waited long enough already to hear and need to plan the rest of our lives now thanks.
Did anyone spot the news report I saw a few weeks back now which said something about Danny Boyle & Co. looking at using some CGI interface techie stuff already used/tested in the film world at the Ceremonies?

Made me think that maybe they were not going to use as live at the event after all - but only our image as a CGI graphic which is maybe why they are not telling us much yet. I could, of course, be wrong and let's hope I am this time eh?

I just can't help but think back to my 2nd audition when the guy running the show said something like "you guys have absolutely no idea what we're doing, do ya?" when he was setting up those crowd/group photos and that "it would all become apparent at Games time" when we'd all go "ah........... so THAT's what they wanted those photos of us for!"

........... and so the wait to find out our fate in this regard continues for now !
This would also explain why people who thought they were dancers got acting or drumming audtions second time around rather than as a dancer like they expected to.
Hang on in there if you can folks (we may all be pleasantly surprised yet) !!
Reply 356
On the London news tonight, they were reporting on the auditions for the paralympic games. They were at 3 mills studios, and there were people there making costumes! Not many people though, not enough in my opinion to be making 10000 constumes!
Did anyone see it, you might be able to catch it on I player if you are interested.
The woman in charge of the Paralympic opening and closing ceremonies said they wanted more people with disabilities to apply.
At my recall audition there was a blind girl with a guide dog, I hope she gets a place.
Come on London 2012 put us out of our misery this wait in endless.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 357
what I really need to know is, do I need to get out jogging and working out?? Or can I carry on with my January flop??
Reply 358
Last time I found out about my 2nd audition it was a Saturday.....which makes me feel that Saturday could be D-day! Here's wishing all of us all the best. Crossing everything! x
Reply 359
My invitation to audition and recall auditions were both sent out on thursdays!
The last 2 emails requesting more people to audition were on Saturdays!
So Saturday is looking good!
Good luck to everyone.

Latest