The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aha wicked grin:biggrin: Bignic caught you out but I see you have edited your post. Did you really think I would choose a cheap ticket to the stadium over coming to meet up with you guys- especially when I shall be going for free soon! Hope you are coming to meetup with us on Saturday and not Sunday:tongue:! Looking forward to seeing you and Nevvie ( and everyone else of course!):party2:
Reply 5181
Been watching this board closely for updates since my recall audition on February 18. I've just had an e-mail offering a place in the closing ceremony. Yay! Good luck everyone who has yet to hear.
Reply 5182
Original post by BowBoy
Been watching this board closely for updates since my recall audition on February 18. I've just had an e-mail offering a place in the closing ceremony. Yay! Good luck everyone who has yet to hear.

great news BowBoy, its a great feeling eh?!!! :smile:
Congratulations Bowboy :biggrin: What segment did you get?

DD (dancing daughter) heard today she is in 80B pointe ballet - her dancing classmate from Central School of Ballet also has a cast offer. :smile:
Reply 5184
Original post by tinydancersmum

DD (dancing daughter) heard today she is in 80B pointe ballet - her dancing classmate from Central School of Ballet also has a cast offer. :smile:

its great that she will be sharing her experience with her classmate :smile:
Wow omg iv just opened my in box and
CONGRATULATION WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM U YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL

IM IN

THINK I MAY NEED SOME NEW POINTE SHOES
Reply 5186
Congratulations Bowboy :biggrin: What segment did you get? DD (dancing daughter) heard today she is in 80B pointe ballet - her dancing classmate from Central School of Ballet also has a cast offer. :smile:

Great news!!! It's good to have some good news after the long long wait, isn't it?
Reply 5187
Original post by Martelldance

IM IN

fantastic news, lets hope this is the start of the floodgates......
Reply 5188
Congratulations all you new offer holders! So exciting. I have been lurking while on holiday and waiting for an answer. Pretty bummed that I still haven't heard, I am not hopeful :frown: hah. Hopefully we will all hear something soon.

Just thinking this feels like the long wait to find out whether or not I got any Olympic tickets. So that's a sizeable chunk of both 2011 and 2012 that I have spent waiting for an Olympics email. I never thought I would ever get so excited about a bloody sporting event!
(edited 12 years ago)
Many congratulations tinydancersmum, martelldance and Bowboy! It's an amazing feeling when that email drops into your inbox; disbelief and joy all mixed up! Fingers crossed that all those still waiting and on reserve get to experience it too.

80B is our last number by some way. 63, 65, 70 and 72 were the only previously known segments that were Closing only. Perhaps they will be involved in the very final stages - how exciting!

Question for those newly successful today - did any of you get the 'holding' email earlier in the week?
Original post by Martelldance

IM IN

Congratulations Martelldance :biggrin:

In the info it says that pointe shoes will be fitted mid April - sounds like they are providing some - maybe in time to be used for the rehearsals?, suppose we'll find out in a couple of weeks. :wink:
Original post by Dancersmum
Out last night at "Annie" (still singing the songs, I do love the music in that show) as one of my daughters is Pepper in it this week locally, having done "Swan Lake" as a lead swan last week with a national ballet company - bit of a contrast. Just found a holding email that arrived at 17.57 last night...

whats a holding e-mail?

think i was at the same pointe audition and have just received my offer :-)
Some people got an email earlier in the week telling that they were still under consideration and would hear soon - so just wondering if today's success stories had had that mail or not? Are you an 80B too Martelldance?
Original post by Flakeydom

Question for those newly successful today - did any of you get the 'holding' email earlier in the week?

Hello Flakeydom - extremely pleased that my tiny dancer can finally add her good news to your epic and heroic spreadsheet!

We didn't get a 'holding' e-mail which explains why no one in our house had any nails left this week :tongue:
Congratulations Martelldance :biggrin:

In the info it says that pointe shoes will be fitted mid April - sounds like they are providing some - maybe in time to be used for the rehearsals?, suppose we'll find out in a couple of weeks. :wink:

yeah iv just read that lol thats really good as mine have seen better days
congratulation to tiny dancer :-)

how excitting, i am suprised there are not more rehearsals but that suits me as i teach on a sunday so to many on a sunday is not a good thing, bit of a pain but will work round it

well done all that are hearing
Reply 5195
I have a very excited little dancer who has just had a cast offer for the Olympic Closing ceremony.:rave: :biggrin:

Segment 80B

Not many rehearsals - all trained dancers I suppose, and none thankfully clash with her GCSE exams :wink:

A trip to 3 Mills soon to be fitted for pointe shoes and measured for costume.:smile:

I'm a very proud mum and have eveything crossed now for more good news for the lovely folk out there still waiting.

What wonderful news! Great for martelldance as well. I'm really pleased for you both. :congrats:
I'm also disappointed that so many of us haven't heard anything yet. Time is running out and I'm really pushing my luck at his late stage to get the annual leave I will need - even for my GM role.
Have just planned my route to my training tomorrow. It's a long way to go.
Really looking forward to Saturday. :excited:
Reply 5196
Original post by Flakeydom
Many congratulations tinydancersmum, martelldance and Bowboy! It's an amazing feeling when that email drops into your inbox; disbelief and joy all mixed up! Fingers crossed that all those still waiting and on reserve get to experience it too.

80B is our last number by some way. 63, 65, 70 and 72 were the only previously known segments that were Closing only. Perhaps they will be involved in the very final stages - how exciting!

I didn't get the holding e-mail. That concerned me so I mailed them yesterday and they replied: The cast offers have just started to go out, and you should expect to hear from us within the next 2 weeks either way.
Reply 5197

Thanks! I got segment 65-TP B.
That's brilliant news tinydancersmum, martelldance and Bowboy! I'm delighted for you all! I'm sure some massive whoops of joy could be heard in your homes this evening!! And fingers crossed LOADS of good news starts rolling in thick and fast...

And how did the Props/Staging interview go Dancersmum? I hope it went really well?
Reply 5199
Congratulations guys, great to see more positive news. Hope there'll be loads more soon. My e-mail checks are ramping up steadily!

Latest