The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melodrama Queen
I did my audition on Thursday 23rd Feb, but I hadn't auditioned for the main Olympics, didn't hear about it in time. They said we would hear in three weeks, and it's already been double!! Did you just do 1 audition for the paralympics then?

It doesn't look like anyone had a recall for the paralympics, it was all done in 1 audition.

Cool! I had my one and only paralympic audition on Sunday 26th Feb. So far i had done 3 auditions so far. The other two were general and recall audition based from 1st audition. Fingers crossed. I have a feeling that we will hear by next week latest or following week.
Reply 5621
Original post by icanshowyoutheworld

Has anyone booked accomodation yet? Im coming from Sheffield/Manchester when the ceremony is so Im gonna have to stay over..
Found a hostel for 2 nights for £68 quid but id prefer my own room in a hotel :/ (not snoby, just would like a safe room and a good nights sleep)..
I set a budget of £100 but most places are at least that per night...
Anyone had any other luck?

Camping is a cheap option. There are plenty of temperary campsites setting up for the period of the games. The other option is to make friends with someone at rehersals who lives nearby :wink:
Original post by Eve 58
Have just logged on and not caught up with today's news yet. Have been talking to my very excited young 'man with rythm' who rang me at work at 5.15pm to say he had just received a casting offer - Opening Ceremony 49D - dancing in a spectacular sequence.
I am so thrilled for him (and extremely jealous). Can't believe it - especially as is recall was for acting. He did tell me he'd really hammed it up in the dance routine when it was his turn in front of the camera! :danceboy::danceboy::danceboy:
Despite my green face, I can't stop smiling! :clap2:

Congrats to your "man with rhythm" I am in Opening Ceremony 49D so should be seeing him in rehearsals soon.

xx
Just got an email from casting saying it is One week to go and that they will be in touch after Easter with more info before rehearsals start. Can't believe it is coming round so quickly. Nervous but excited to get started.

xx
Original post by 1983mike
Camping is a cheap option. There are plenty of temperary campsites setting up for the period of the games. The other option is to make friends with someone at rehersals who lives nearby :wink:

Yeh I thought about camping... id prefer a room though :/ lol i guess i need to stop being a diva!

thought about the second option too... we'll see what happens i guess!!
xXx
Original post by Flakeydom
Last August, lots of people with nothing to do with TSR applied to be volunteer performers at the Olympics opening and closing ceremonies; in many cases because we had failed to get tickets for them.

In November, Beautifully Tragic, a TSR member, started a thread to see if anyone else had an audition date. From there it started to show up on Google results for other auditionees looking for any information who joined despite not being students. And since people are still waiting for news, the thread keeps growing. It is a news update/ support group/ chatty thread in one and I'd guess that many of us haven't ventured to other bits of TSR

haha thanks for clearing that up :smile:
Reply 5626
Original post by icanshowyoutheworld
Thanks for the congrats everyone & thanks for letting me know who else is DancerWoman :smile:

Has anyone booked accomodation yet? Im coming from Sheffield/Manchester when the ceremony is so Im gonna have to stay over..
Found a hostel for 2 nights for £68 quid but id prefer my own room in a hotel :/ (not snoby, just would like a safe room and a good nights sleep)..
I set a budget of £100 but most places are at least that per night...
Anyone had any other luck?

And the facebook group.. Im the same - little unsure - i was a little unsure of commenting on here but nothing ha really been said except our role numbers... cant be soo bad! the sun has done worse than us!

xXx

I have been looking too and the cheapest was a b and b with a shared bathroom which was 200 so decided against it as I know I won't sleep from adrenalin xx
Original post by qwerty5031
Hi there - I got my offer email yesterday! :smile:

Anyone got any ideas on what this means....

Segment 44-BEAT

Key role within spectacular Opening Ceremony sequence.

Congratulations and welcome to section 44!

No offers today then ...... can you believe it?!

I've been on my module two London Ambassador training today - really good fun and we were given a flavour of how amazing it will be in London during the games - the whole City decorated with flags and banners - the atmosphere will be electric. It feels very real now as we get closer - can't wait!
Reply 5628
Original post by Mum of Students
Congratulations and welcome to section 44!

No offers today then ...... can you believe it?!

I've been on my module two London Ambassador training today - really good fun and we were given a flavour of how amazing it will be in London during the games - the whole City decorated with flags and banners - the atmosphere will be electric. It feels very real now as we get closer - can't wait!

it will be with us all soon! getting very excited! We have just been invited to a street party to celebrate the Jubilee...so much going on! Getting hubby on board to host an opening ceremony party, see if anyone can see me!!!! he seems to be quite keen :O
Thinking of you pointes people as I am watching the Vienna Festival Ballet performing Swan Lake. Have not found DD (tiny dancer!!!) yet but imagining what she and others must be like performing!
Original post by Pinnerite
Thinking of you pointes people as I am watching the Vienna Festival Ballet performing Swan Lake. Have not found DD (tiny dancer!!!) yet but imagining what she and others must be like performing!

Some Odeon cinemas are showing London Children's Ballet Rumpelstiltskin on
10th April at 1pm - she was in that :tongue:
Reply 5631
Don't give up hope they could be working all Easter to get the offers out xx
Reply 5632
Original post by 77gemma
awwww no. keep your hopes up! 72 is apparently for the closing ceremonies. my recall audition section was 222R.

Just looking back at my emails and I was also in 222R. Very hard to remain positive when you know people from your group are getting selected. Although I know there appears to be no logic to any of these (and my brain neeeeeeeds logic, please, let me have the logic!!!!).

Gah! :wink::s-smilie:
Reply 5633
Original post by *Showgirl*
Congrats to your "man with rhythm" I am in Opening Ceremony 49D so should be seeing him in rehearsals soon.

xx

That's brilliant. I'll make sure he looks out for you. It will be great for you all to meet your group.
Hope it's my turn soon.
:please:
Original post by Pinnerite

Ooooo I'm getting rather nervous , pointe shoes and costume messurments fitting soon plus iv twanged my hamstring PAIN :-(
Hope it's ok for the first rehearsal
Original post by Mola
Just looking back at my emails and I was also in 222R. Very hard to remain positive when you know people from your group are getting selected. Although I know there appears to be no logic to any of these (and my brain neeeeeeeds logic, please, let me have the logic!!!!).

Gah! :wink::s-smilie:

P.M.A. are the buzz-words here. You need to remain positive. It could well be that those that were picked within your group may have been selected by the team that auditioned you. They would already have an idea what they're looking for. Meanwhile other Cast Co-Ordinators from other groups may find that those that didn't fit into one particular group would be just what they needed in the other group.

There's probably a lot of discussions taking place and shifting of auditionees from one group to the other. This is just my viewpoint on the whole thing because there have been several on this Forum that auditioned for e.g. a dance role and were eventually placed in an acting role.

I can imagine there's going to be quite a lot of overtime by the Casting Team from next week onwards to catch up on the massive backlog so as to ensure that everyone hears something.

Will be keeping my fingers :crossedf: for everyone awaiting roles.
Original post by Martelldance
Ooooo I'm getting rather nervous , pointe shoes and costume messurments fitting soon plus iv twanged my hamstring PAIN :-(
Hope it's ok for the first rehearsal

The TSR curse strikes again. :banghead: An amazing number of us are suffering with leg /foot problems but we all HAVE to be fit for the rehearsals. Take care and get some physio advice if necessary and don't overdo the exercise! Just sit and eat those Easter Eggs this weekend! :couchpotato: Hope it will be better soon!
Reply 5637
Yeah we almost need a column for injuries in the epic spreadsheet!
Reply 5638
I have an offer for props !! :flip: As I was worried i'd heard nothing despite being the first on here to interview for it and others getting offers. I e-mailed to check.
It seems I should have got an e-mail but didn't and deadline for my acceptance was tomorrow !!!.

I sent the acceptance back asap in case it dissappeared into the ether somewhere, can't believe that this does mean I will actually be doing something at the ceremonies !! :flower2:
Reply 5639
Original post by adelie27
I have an offer for props !! :flip: As I was worried i'd heard nothing despite being the first on here to interview for it and others getting offers. I e-mailed to check.
It seems I should have got an e-mail but didn't and deadline for my acceptance was tomorrow !!!.

I sent the acceptance back asap in case it dissappeared into the ether somewhere, can't believe that this does mean I will actually be doing something at the ceremonies !! :flower2:

Congratulations, well done, you so deserve this.
I am so happy for you.

Latest