The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5900
Original post by cinnamon
Thank you Rafiki! I am sure that the rest of the Paralympic emails from casting will be going out in the next few days along with ours. I have my fingers crossed for you.

They may be doing it by auditions, I'm sure you've a great chance of being in Rafiki. I have all my fingers crossed for you too ! I do hope that you get a mail by end of today, don't forget they seem to work till very late in the evening.
And if not it would still be worth checking up after your props interview, there were indications last night of a few 'lost in the system's.
Doing that would also be fantastic. Good luck !
Original post by suzalt
YAY guys, happy friday the 13th.. lucky for some! :wink: x

Funny - it was Friday the thirteenth of Jan that first news of the Olympic offers went out. Definitely lucky for some

I have the columns ready to go on the spreadsheet. :wink:
YAY I got the paralympic e-mail too! And it is all down to everyone's fantastic support and encouragement that I auditioned again!!!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Congratulations Fyrecracker, Cinnamon, Suzalt and Mike Girl........so exciting! :biggrin:
Reply 5904
Original post by suzalt
YAYYY I got the email too, WAVE of relief!! Now we know what the wee winky face in my email was all about :wink: Yay nice one guys, hopefully a couple of us will be in the same segments.. i missed the meet up but will be great to put some faces to names after all these weeks of supporting each other on here :smile: x

Fab news Suzalt :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:
Reply 5905
Original post by Mike Girl
YAY I got the paralympic e-mail too! And it is all down to everyone's fantastic support and encouragement that I auditioned again!!!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Well done Mike Girl, great news. I responded to Suzalt before I scrolled down to you :congrats:
Reply 5906
Can I ask, the giys who have had the Para's email today, did you audition for the Para's or were you on the reserve list after the Olympics audition?

Congratulations to you all!
Reply 5907
OMG guys i was just logging in to congratulate you, checked my own emails and then found I have a para cast offer email myself! I am sat at my desk at work but sweating with excitement! I might pop! Woo yay olympic and paralympic team! :biggrin:
Reply 5908
Cast offer, Group 87B Paralympic Opening ceremony!!!
A new one for your fabulous spreadsheet Flakey!!!!
Reply 5909
Original post by hutsulka
OMG guys i was just logging in to congratulate you, checked my own emails and then found I have a para cast offer email myself! I am sat at my desk at work but sweating with excitement! I might pop! Woo yay olympic and paralympic team! :biggrin:

Huge congrats Hutsulka!
Congratulations hutsulka:biggrin:
Reply 5911

Add up all the pops and we could beat the Sonic boom ! :eek:
Congratulations to everyone with offers ( i got my son to check at home, none for me at the moment but I am OK as I have props)
For those still waiting - keep the faith, I am confident there will be more.
Original post by fyrecracker
QUICK EVERYONE .... CHECK YOUR EMAILS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT THIS ...........

As you know, you have been on our Olympic Ceremonies cast Reserve list, and thank you for your patience. This is to say congratulations! In the next few days, we will be emailing you to offer you a role in one of our exciting Paralympic Ceremonies, and we would be delighted if you would accept. The Paralympic ceremonies are the culmination of the entire Games and will be a dynamic and beautiful celebration of the diversity and vibrancy of modern Britain.

Before you accept the role, and once you have checked your availability for the dates we will be offering you, we need you to understand that acceptance of the role will mean that you will be removed from the Olympic ceremonies reserve list. We would urge you to accept, as this is very much more likely to mean that you will be performing in one of the London 2012 ceremonies, as we currently do not have any opportunities available in either of the Olympic ceremonies for our Reserve team.

Whatever you decide to do, please respond by clicking on the relevant link in the offer letter you will be receiving shortly.

We will hope to see you at Paralympic rehearsals!

Best wishes

THE CASTING TEAM

Well done Fyrecracker and Cinnamon! Well done to many of you that received Cast Offers today! It's that Friday feeling - yayyyyyyy. You guys deserve a congratulatory drink! :congrats::congrats::dancing2::dancing::danceboy::dance::party2::yeah::beer::beer:
Reply 5913
Original post by cinnamon
Huge congrats Hutsulka!

And to you! We are almost group twins, I am 87A

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting, looks like they meant it this time when they said we will hear imminently!

I might have to have a celebratory glass of vino tonight
87a in dance/movement in a high impact sequence!!!!!!!!! Thats a joke seeing as I auditioned with a broken foot!!!!! xxx
Original post by suzalt
Amazing feeling :smile: i have tix for bestival over the closing ceremony weekend but totally selling those if i need to.. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! YAY guys, happy friday the 13th.. lucky for some! :wink: x

Congratulations Suzalt!!:biggrin:
Original post by fyrecracker
87a in dance/movement in a high impact sequence!!!!!!!!! Thats a joke seeing as I auditioned with a broken foot!!!!! xxx

You must have wowed them :biggrin::biggrin:
And to you! We are almost group twins, I am 87A

Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting, looks like they meant it this time when they said we will hear imminently!

I might have to have a celebratory glass of vino tonight

I'm 87A!
Original post by Kidkstar
Can I ask, the giys who have had the Para's email today, did you audition for the Para's or were you on the reserve list after the Olympics audition?

Congratulations to you all!

THanks, Along with seveal others on this forum, I was a reserve, but was then invited to audition for the paras which I did, hense the offer today. However, the para audition I did was also for people who'd not auditioned for anything before, so cant really give you a definitive answer?

XXXX
Original post by Dancerwoman
You must have wowed them :biggrin::biggrin:

No, I think I was pretty rubbish .... this has totally taken me by surprise. NEver in a million years did I think I'd get in xxxxx

Latest