The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks every one for being so encouraging! :smile:

I remember them saying that whether you are successful or not, you WILL hear from them either way in about 3 weeks. Which is why I was keeping my hopes up. But as it got further and further away from my end of Feb audition date, I was starting to think they must have forgotten about me!

I am relieved there are more people in the same situation that are still waiting to hear back. There is still hope for us! *positive vibes to you all* :tongue:
Original post by galactica2009
Haha:smile:. I am just an aspiring actor and supporting artiste who has worked in various films in Hollywood, Bollywood and British movies. Well i am just an ordinary guy and aint a Movie star yet:smile:. Its just a beginning and more to come:smile:

I understand :smile: when you meet someone, then you started to think and feel that there is something behind that person.:smile:

Thanks galactica - wish I'd spoken to you more now - sure you have some interesting stories to tell! I've always fancied doing film and TV extra work myself - I'm quite good at hanging around all day doing nothing and when both of my students have gone off to uni I may give it a go.

Well, with your experience i'm sure you'll get an offer - next week please! Good luck.
Original post by ckeebedna
I remember them saying that whether you are successful or not, you WILL hear from them either way in about 3 weeks.

Yes - you'd think they'd have learned from 'over-promising' after the first round of auditions where we were told 6-8 weeks and the average was closer to 10 weeks.
I seem to recall back in mid-Feb when that 3 week guideline came out, that the veterans quietly chuckled to themselves. Still... I think we figured that you'd all know in 6 weeks so to only have the first Para offers and still some Olympic offers going out 8 weeks later!
Reply 6063
Hi everyone and congrats to all with offers and good luck to those still waiting.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all these messages and the support here is
fantastic! I have just received the following offer
Paralympic Opening and Closing Ceremony 90-GROUP-PLB

Role Outline

A dual role in both Opening and Closing Ceremonies, involving athlete movement and marshalling

Was really hoping for a dancing role but am thrilled to be part of the greatest show on earth!

Lympics
Wow- another Sunday update! Even though it is not dancing you wil probably be involved throughout both ceremonies compared with our 5 minutes of fame! The most important thing is to indeed be part of the greatest show on earth and it is a very important job getting everyone to the right place and you will meet the athletes - how exciting! So well done to you!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6065
Well I go out for the day and this is what happens!!! woohooooo well done all of you that have been offered a place, great news and truly believe that there will be a place for everyone....:smile:
Reply 6066
Just been informed and offered a place in 44 FOP!!!

Apparently a 'less performance and more utility based' role in the opening ceremony......anyone have any ideas what that means?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SAllen79
Just been informed and offered a place in 44 FOP!!!

Welcome 44er to our happy band of actors! Now we shall all be puzzling what FOP stands for. Mum of Students any ideas - you are good at this:wink:. Clearly 44-FOP, 44-BEAT and 44 SUF-V have special roles within our more general acting role. Amazing that Olympic offers are still coming through so close to rehearsals! Many congratulations - I expect you you are buzzing unless you are a Spurs fan ;(;(;(!
:bee::bee::bee::beer::banana::congrats::clap2:

Look forward to seeing you at rehearsals!

Just seen your update. The general 44ers were told from memory that they were character/movement/utility in spectacular opening sequence so we have been joking we might be the back end of a donkey....Did you not have a cycling audition ?

Whatever the role the important thing is to be able to take part in the greatest show on earth and it is what you put into a role than counts. How many rehearsals do you have? - we have 22 but 44SUV-F have a few more I think.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6068
Original post by Pinnerite
Welcome 44er to our happy band of actors! Now we shall all be puzzling what FOP stands for. Mum of Students any ideas - you are good at this:wink:. Clearly 44-FOP, 44-BEAT and 44 SUF-V have special roles within our more general acting role. Amazing that Olympic offers are still coming through so close to rehearsals! Many congratulations - I expect you you are buzzing unless you are a Spurs fan ;(;(;(!

Really excited although I start a new job the day before orientation and rehearsal one so am gonna have to miss that as I am on induction in Manchester :frown:
Reply 6069

Just seen your update. The general 44ers were told from memory that they were character/movement/utility in spectacular opening sequence so we have been joking we might be the back end of a donkey....

Whatever the role the important thing is to be able to take part in the greatest show on earth and it is what you put into a role than counts. How many rehearsals do you have? - we have 22 but 44SUV-F have a few more I think.

I also have 22..... I don't mind shifting your props on for you so you can sparkle just for the experience and to volunteer :smile:
Clearly 44-FOP, 44-BEAT and 44 SUF-V have special roles within our more general acting role.

Well clearly, Mum of Students as an SUF is Sitting Up Flagpole so the FOP must surely be Flagpole Operative Person :wink:

Congrats SAllen79 and everyone else who has heard today. Lots of updates on the spreadsheet which makes a pleasant change!
Reply 6071
Thanks for the best wishes.....to be honest I had given up and almost booked a holiday today! :smile:
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Masses of fingers and toes crossed here that we hear tomorrow!

Thanks a lot Rafiki. I surely will get the offer. Hope its tomorrow
Original post by Flakeydom
Well clearly, Mum of Students as an SUF is Sitting Up Flagpole so the FOP must surely be Flagpole Operative Person :wink:

Congrats SAllen79 and everyone else who has heard today. Lots of updates on the spreadsheet which makes a pleasant change!

Of course - especially as it's "less performance more utility" - somebody's got to get me up there!

Welcome to segment 44 SAllen - congratulations!

Well, Casting are having a little flurry of activity tonight - bless them - hope they don't overdo it!
Reply 6074
Thanks mum of students...... Looking forward to meeting you guys on the many jaunts down from Birmingham! :smile:
Original post by Mum of Students
Thanks galactica - wish I'd spoken to you more now - sure you have some interesting stories to tell! I've always fancied doing film and TV extra work myself - I'm quite good at hanging around all day doing nothing and when both of my students have gone off to uni I may give it a go.

Well, with your experience i'm sure you'll get an offer - next week please! Good luck.

Cool. Yes its fun to be on site filming. Times flies soo fast as i couldnt tell if its 8 hours or 5 hours of takes. Just enjoying every moments. Thanks of your warm well wishes. Lets hope for the best. I am confident that i shall get an offer for paralympic. The question is...what role?:smile: Lets see what they have got for me
Original post by SAllen79
I also have 22..... I don't mind shifting your props on for you so you can sparkle just for the experience and to volunteer :smile:

What date is your first rehearsal? Mine is May 1st. Since I am practically geriatric your job might be be to carry me on and off when the going gets tough :rolleyes: Great news that you are part of it anyway and in the BEST segment of course :wink:!
A quick question......

Is anybody car sharing? Especially if there are groups of people in the same segment that are travelling the same route down to the rehearsals? - Especially the first one. Or is everybody relying on public transport for now?

I know the possibility of car sharing was mentioned quite a few pages back (can't remember which page it was but I'm sure it was around the 50-ish mark). Or was it the general consensus that the car drivers amongst us were only going to contemplate driving near-ish to the venue on the actual days of the ceremonies? (I remember there was a bit of haze as to whether the tubes / trains would still be running at the end of the ceremonies.)
Original post by lympics
Hi everyone and congrats to all with offers and good luck to those still waiting.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all these messages and the support here is
fantastic! I have just received the following offer
Paralympic Opening and Closing Ceremony 90-GROUP-PLB

Role Outline

A dual role in both Opening and Closing Ceremonies, involving athlete movement and marshalling

Was really hoping for a dancing role but am thrilled to be part of the greatest show on earth!

Lympics

oooooo:smile: Thats great! Congrats to you! Think PLB is a placard bearer :smile:
Original post by Dancerwoman
A quick question......

Is anybody car sharing? Especially if there are groups of people in the same segment that are travelling the same route down to the rehearsals? - Especially the first one. Or is everybody relying on public transport for now?

I know the possibility of car sharing was mentioned quite a few pages back (can't remember which page it was but I'm sure it was around the 50-ish mark). Or was it the general consensus that the car drivers amongst us were only going to contemplate driving near-ish to the venue on the actual days of the ceremonies? (I remember there was a bit of haze as to whether the tubes / trains would still be running at the end of the ceremonies.)

From what I have read ......and you might have seen :wink: (?) encouragement is being given for everybody to go by public transport to the 1:1 venue where possible although car parking places are less of an issue perhaps when we move to the stadium? Car sharing to a specific parking place and then onward transfer by tube may be the answer? Luckily I can go all the way by tube alhough it will be a looooong journey :frown:

Latest