The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6140
Original post by Mandy_Panda
I know, are you as stupidly excited as I am?! Got into work and had my email waiting, yipee!!

So TSR drunken night out after the opening ceremony guys? I doubt for those of us that live out of town that trains will be running, and we'll all be hyper. Def a cause for a few bottles of wine methinks!

Yep, getting more excited each day. At one point it seemed that we'd never hear never mind actually get to a first rehearsal doesn't it?!

I'm just keen to find out what we're doing (and increasingly desperate to know what we're wearing - now convinced we'll all be dressed as Wenlock as Pineapples are so last season).

I can't believe how long some of our rehearsals are though - going to be very fit hopefully by mid July.

Did you think we were doing one role or two roles? I couldn't quite decide from the offer letter. It kind of looks like it could be two. Which may explain the number of rehearsals. Oh god - we could be being Wenlock AND a Pineapple!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 6141
QUOTE=Mandy_Panda;37167694]I know, are you as stupidly excited as I am?! Got into work and had my email waiting, yipee!!

So TSR drunken night out after the opening ceremony guys? I doubt for those of us that live out of town that trains will be running, and we'll all be hyper. Def a cause for a few bottles of wine methinks!

:absinth::beer::cheers: Absolutely!!!!
I know, are you as stupidly excited as I am?! Got into work and had my email waiting, yipee!!

Sounds good to me - although the car drivers amongst us may be stocking up on drinks of the non-alcoholic variety.:biggrin:
Reply 6143
Well done everyone - I can literally feel the excitement through the screen now! It's really buzzing on here at the moment!

I so wish I'd be put out of my misery - reserve status sucks - I think I'll be checking emails every five minutes right up until the day itself ha!:crossedf:
Reply 6144
Original post by geejohn
Well done everyone - I can literally feel the excitement through the screen now! It's really buzzing on here at the moment!

I so wish I'd be put out of my misery - reserve status sucks - I think I'll be checking emails every five minutes right up until the day itself ha!:crossedf:

I know, must be nightmare. My OH is waiting on news too. Is half excited for me and half green with envy. It is hard to know whether to get into something different for the summer or wait for news. I wish they'd just be clear with people how likely it is that people will get used (from their previous experience) and how many places are still unfilled in the Paralympics.

I wondered if they've got quite a few slots for the Paralympics but are waiting for the first few Opening/Closing ceremony rehearsals to get underway first before offering those to reserves in case people have dropped out and they need you for that. They can technically leave it another few weeks before assigning reserves to any remaining Paralympic slots as I don't think those rehearsals start for some time.
Reply 6145
Original post by geejohn
I can literally feel the excitement through the screen now!

Sorry to be a pedant, but this statement. "literally" brought this article to mind...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mind-your-language/2012/jan/29/literally-a-much-misused-word?CMP=twt_gu

What a fantastic idea - it would solve the anti climax / come down after the whole thing. To be buzzing with that much adrenalin only to trudge home alone seems a shame.
Reply 6147
Original post by Ropey1
I wondered if they've got quite a few slots for the Paralympics but are waiting for the first few Opening/Closing ceremony rehearsals to get underway first before offering those to reserves in case people have dropped out and they need you for that.

I reckon there must be a large element of seeing what the drop out rate looks like after the first couple of rehearsals... if an earlier post on here is correct, and some people are simply litter-pickers (or similar), I can see there being a high drop out rate once the exact nature of the roles become clear, as the rehearsal schedule is a massive commitment for what could ultimately be a very anti-climactic role
Congratulations Dragonlung007 and Melodrama Queen :biggrin:
Reply 6149
Original post by rocks99
Sorry to be a pedant, but this statement. "literally" brought this article to mind...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mind-your-language/2012/jan/29/literally-a-much-misused-word?CMP=twt_gu

I read that too, but I quite literally can - my emotions have been affected by everyone's excitement so hence 'I can literally feel it' y'see? :wink:
Original post by commonliner
I. Want. To. Rehearse. NOW!

It's like waiting for Christmas again. 40 days until mine start.
Guess I'll have to keep myself busy. Anybody else volunteered for Tate Modern's next Turbine Hall exhibition by Tino Sehgal? I'm attending a workshop today & tomorrow in the hope of having another audition/rehearsal-like experience.

I think I'll be delirious with excitement come July - it's everything you'll think it'll be and more. My jaw really was dropping and mind being blown. You just keep thinking "YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I'm going to be there!"

One tip for anyone with dancing/movement roles or who is a little more 'mature' or who likes their knees - the floor is concrete and not a sprung dance floor which means it has no 'give' in it and so is very unforgiving on joints - so ideally wear trainers with a lot of cushioning rather than just normal plimsolls or shoes, and remember to bend your knees when you jump! Especially when you consider how long the rehearsals are, you may not feel it at the time but the right footwear could save you from achy/wrecked knees and jarred spine.
Reply 6151
Original post by geejohn
I read that too, but I quite literally can - my emotions have been affected by everyone's excitement so hence 'I can literally feel it' y'see? :wink:

I see. Literally. :colondollar:
Reply 6152
Amen to the drinks post opening ceremony.....we will have earnt them!
Reply 6153
Original post by Dancerwoman
I may train it the majority of the time but I'm thinking that on the actual night of the Ceremonies that we may finish late in the night and on that occasion, seriously considering driving down on that night at least.

My plan so far for Opening Ceremony night is to park at Epping (end of the Central Line and not too far from me) as the tubes should be running late. Sure we'll find out more about late transport closer to the date, mind.
Original post by Caroline27
One tip for anyone with dancing/movement roles or who is a little more 'mature' or who likes their knees - the floor is concrete and not a sprung dance floor which means it has no 'give' in it and so is very unforgiving on joints - so ideally wear trainers with a lot of cushioning rather than just normal plimsolls or shoes, and remember to bend your knees when you jump! Especially when you consider how long the rehearsals are, you may not feel it at the time but the right footwear could save you from achy/wrecked knees and jarred spine.

Abs in, soft knees, heel ball toe, expand your chest, don't forget to breathe! :dance: - no prizes for guessing what my evening job is.......:biggrin:

We should have sprung floors and mirrors so we can each other out whilst busting out our best moves....."Fame! I wanna live forever" PMSL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lL4PKX0bYM

Sorry, couldn't resist:- " You want fame, well fame costs and right is where you start paying - in sweat" Woh yes, there's gonna be a load of us feeling like broken typewriters the following day of rehearsals (LOL!)
Original post by Dancerwoman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lL4PKX0bYM

Sorry, couldn't resist:- " You want fame, well fame costs and right is where you start paying - in sweat" Woh yes, there's gonna be a load of us feeling like broken typewriters the following day of rehearsals (LOL!)

There certainly will be a LOT of sweat - I thought the length of the rehearsals was because they were playing safe and they'd be a lot shorter...but no, they really are that long. I didn't see a single pair of legwarmers though, perhaps because most of the people were too young to have seen Fame or know what a Leroy jump is - the ones near me were discussing A level dates.
Original post by Ropey1
Yep, getting more excited each day. At one point it seemed that we'd never hear never mind actually get to a first rehearsal doesn't it?!

I'm just keen to find out what we're doing (and increasingly desperate to know what we're wearing - now convinced we'll all be dressed as Wenlock as Pineapples are so last season).

I can't believe how long some of our rehearsals are though - going to be very fit hopefully by mid July.

Did you think we were doing one role or two roles? I couldn't quite decide from the offer letter. It kind of looks like it could be two. Which may explain the number of rehearsals. Oh god - we could be being Wenlock AND a Pineapple!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read it as one, but now you've got me all excited that it may be two...!

I'm dying to know what Caroline got up to in her rehearsal! I CAN'T WAIT
Original post by Caroline27
There certainly will be a LOT of sweat - I thought the length of the rehearsals was because they were playing safe and they'd be a lot shorter...but no, they really are that long. I didn't see a single pair of legwarmers though, perhaps because most of the people were too young to have seen Fame or know what a Leroy jump is - the ones near me were discussing A level dates.

I was thinking (based on the recall audition) that we may (at times) have early finishes but it looks unlikely.

Advice to all who received their Cast Offers - SAVE YOUR ENERGY COS YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT FOR THE ACTUAL REHEARSALS!!! Don't want to suffer from "burnout", do we? :cool:
Original post by Melodrama Queen
I got an email on Friday - Lucky Friday 13th!! I am going to be in the Paralympics Opening Ceremony, 87B. :smile: :smile: Anyone else in the same group??

Yes! cinnamon and Karan D are in the same group and fyrecracker, suzalt and hutsulka are in 87A so you are in good company!

Many congratulations - great feeling isn't it!:banana2::banana::bban::bumps:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest