The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Handance
Hi everyone :smile:

I've been reading this for two weeks and it's been so supportive through my waiting! I auditioned for para ceremonies on feb 29th and sadly still heard nothing. However one of the girls I auditioned with has heard so it can't be too long can it?

I'm desperate to know now! Really feel for everyone waiting and realise some have been waiting even longer then me :frown:

I also waiting from paralympic auditions. We shall get there. :smile:
Reply 6221
Great news Snix99, the feeling is quite overwhelming isn't it!

Put my name down for post ceremony drinks.....we will probably be so full of adrenaline we won't be able to sleep anyway! :smile:
Reply 6222
THanks for the congrats :smile: got a big hangover today!
Reply 6223
Original post by Snix99
Got back from hols a few hours ago to a 'Cast offer' e-mail!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Can't believe it - I'm so happy!!!

I was at the Men with Rhythm recall so no prizes for guessing I'm another 44-FOP, no idea what that is but over-'fop'ing-joyed that I'm now part of the opening ceremony :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: no sleep for me tonight!

The sheer relief as I read the e-mail made me realise just how stressed out I've been over the last couple of months whilst waiting...waiting... so, hope they don't keep those of you who are still waiting for decisions waiting for long.

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our club of 44FOP'ers! I have to miss the first rehearsal on the 1st. :frown: so you guys will know before me what exactly we are doing. Based on the email though, I think Field of Play is a great guess - a nicer way to say guys with no talent who can carry stuff. :smile:
Reply 6224
So I finally managed to access the rehearsal schedule for 44FOP last night, and now have a dilemma.

I am unavoidably out of the country for a weekend in June which includes 2 reheasals, so according to the information provided, that automatically relegates me to the reserves list... not sure I can justify attending the other 19 reheasals (with associated time away from the family) if I am not even going to be involved on the day.
Reply 6225
Oh no rocks99. I thought you could miss 2 rehearsals and be ok or is it different for your section? I would e-mail your cast-coordinator and let them know your situation. You won't be the only one in this position so perhaps prearrangement/communication would solve the problem.
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Oh no rocks99. I thought you could miss 2 rehearsals and be ok or is it different for your section? I would e-mail your cast-coordinator and let them know your situation. You won't be the only one in this position so perhaps prearrangement/communication would solve the problem.

morning all and congrats to everyone who have heard! i have the same problem rocks99 i am away on holiday for 2 rehearsals i have contacted my cast co ordinator and let them know and they have said missing two is fine, you just cant miss more than two or the compulsory ones.
Reply 6227
Original post by rocks99
So I finally managed to access the rehearsal schedule for 44FOP last night, and now have a dilemma.

I am unavoidably out of the country for a weekend in June which includes 2 reheasals, so according to the information provided, that automatically relegates me to the reserves list... not sure I can justify attending the other 19 reheasals (with associated time away from the family) if I am not even going to be involved on the day.

I also understood that you could miss up to 2 rehearsals, but not any of the compulsory days, and still be okay. Anymore and you are relegated to reserves. Yes, do call your casting co-ordinator to confirm. Don't miss out if you can avoid it!!!!
Reply 6228
Huge congratulations and well done to everyone who has successfully heard so far, it is a fab, unreal feeling isn't it??? :congrats:[ For those yet to hear, you will. And to the deserves - keep the faith, you will hear too, :console:
Reply 6229
Original post by abs0n
I've been doing a bit of research on this 1:1 rehearsal venue out of curiosity ... I had an image of us all shivering in a field somewhere whilst it poured with rain, but I'm a bit more reassured now that it's going to be rather a nice place to rehearse at :smile:

From looking at the planning applications, you do realise it's currently a flattened site - no buildings? So it's fairly safe to assume that the "stadia" we'll be practising in will be simply marked out areas in the open air.

Hope we don't have weeks like this week, with constant rain!
Reply 6230
Morning guys, and congrats on all the other offers over the last few days.. i still have some feb audition mates waiting to hear back so defo don't give up hope :smile:

just had 2 Qs to those of you who have already started rehearsals- how long does the initial check-in period at each sesh last? ie how long into the rehearsal do you actually start rehearsing?? Reason i ask is most of mine start at 530pm, which is when i'm meant to finish work... obv going to get away early as often as i can but just wondered how much of a grace period there is at the start of each sesh (hope that makes sense!) Also, when you've had updated schedules through have they more than often only had dates removed as opposed to added? i'm thinking of finally booking my holiday for a gap in the middle of rehearsals!

thanks for answers in advance :smile: xx
Original post by AlecSp
From looking at the planning applications, you do realise it's currently a flattened site - no buildings? So it's fairly safe to assume that the "stadia" we'll be practising in will be simply marked out areas in the open air.

Delve further and you will see there are tents!
I like this thread.

Has a nice energy.

Quite different from watching the news.

Be interesting to see what they have in mind for the 44-FOPPERS.

We are more then just beefcakes. We have feelings too.

I just hope there isn't a "44-FOPPER" section of the field that consists,
solely of 500 scowling men lugging boxes around, whilst on the other side
all your dancing sorts are being taught how to tap dance!
Original post by AnotherDude
I like this thread.

Has a nice energy.

Quite different from watching the news.

Be interesting to see what they have in mind for the 44-FOPPERS.

We are more then just beefcakes. We have feelings too.

I just hope there isn't a "44-FOPPER" section of the field that consists,
solely of 500 scowling men lugging boxes around, whilst on the other side
all your dancing sorts are being taught how to tap dance!

Of course you are more than just beefcakes - we are just jealous we dont have your muscles:rolleyes: And your enthusiasm must have shone right through to be offered a place and remember it says that the key moment would not happen without you guys - what a responsibility - after all that cow needs to be lifted high to get over the moon:biggrin:. I still think I am going to be the back of a donkey in my character/movement/utility role so won't get to see much anyway, although I am not sure I have ever see a tap dancing donkey:biggrin:. Aha the 44 FOPPERS AND TAPPERS
Original post by suzalt
Morning guys, and congrats on all the other offers over the last few days.. i still have some feb audition mates waiting to hear back so defo don't give up hope :smile:

just had 2 Qs to those of you who have already started rehearsals- how long does the initial check-in period at each sesh last? ie how long into the rehearsal do you actually start rehearsing?? Reason i ask is most of mine start at 530pm, which is when i'm meant to finish work... obv going to get away early as often as i can but just wondered how much of a grace period there is at the start of each sesh (hope that makes sense!) Also, when you've had updated schedules through have they more than often only had dates removed as opposed to added? i'm thinking of finally booking my holiday for a gap in the middle of rehearsals!

thanks for answers in advance :smile: xx

Hi Suzalt, it might be different for other people, but in my updated schedule I had a few rehearsals added in July. The rehearsal dates were the same as in the old schedule until July, where quite a few of the dates have been changed and the extra rehearsals added.

I think you should be okay trying to get there as early as you can, but check with your cast co-ordinator and explain on occasions you may need a bit of leeway. The first rehearsal probably wasn't typical, but even if check in is speedy, for things like dance or movement I imagine they'd always do some sort of warm up to start and because the rehearsals are so long I'm sure they'll repeat stuff over and over. And because some people are coming from so far away and London Transport is so unpredictable (it certainly was for my rehearsal), I'm sure there'll always be some latecomers. I'm sure they're keen to keep all the people they have so can't imagine they'd be too harsh if you're occasionally a bit late - you can't be the only person facing a similar problem. But do let your cast-coordinator know - I don't know when and how they take a register, so it would be awful if you turned up but were marked 'absent'.
Original post by Handance
Hi everyone :smile:

I've been reading this for two weeks and it's been so supportive through my waiting! I auditioned for para ceremonies on feb 29th and sadly still heard nothing. However one of the girls I auditioned with has heard so it can't be too long can it?

I'm desperate to know now! Really feel for everyone waiting and realise some have been waiting even longer then me :frown:

Hi Handance-I was in that audition and have heard from the paras I'm in, though I haven't been given a section yet. Stay positive I am sure news will come very soon. I had my first audition in November! :-)
Reply 6236
Original post by Bignic12
Great news Snix99, the feeling is quite overwhelming isn't it!

Put my name down for post ceremony drinks.....we will probably be so full of adrenaline we won't be able to sleep anyway! :smile:

yep I am up for the drink after the event we could always try out that mass boozy conga around the stadium when everyones gone home.!!!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6237
Original post by Pinnerite
Delve further and you will see there are tents!

I read about those, but suspect that they are probably just the ancilliary "buildings" that are around the site.

Not sure you can get tents big enough - remember, you'd need the entire space to be unobstructed by poles. And the communications we've had have said that we'll be out in the open.

While I hope I'm proven wrong, I think that the "stadia" will just be marked/fenced out...
Original post by AlecSp
I read about those, but suspect that they are probably just the ancilliary "buildings" that are around the site.

Not sure you can get tents big enough - remember, you'd need the entire space to be unobstructed by poles. And the communications we've had have said that we'll be out in the open.

While I hope I'm proven wrong, I think that the "stadia" will just be marked/fenced out...

Delve further - there are pictures of the tents which are HUGE (measurements given) and it specifically says there will be rain cover so I don't think we have to worry. Presumably at the stadium we wil be in the open air however.

The large circus tents are to be used for cast holding and to provide a covered area for rehearsals in wet weather. The field of play areas are open air.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AlecSp

The good news is that it really doesn't rain all that much in London which I hadn't realised until I started cycling every day. In the last 12 months, I've only got wet about 10-15 times although admittedly when it rains it often pours and you get drenched! Suspect purchasing a lightweight waterproof if you have lots of rehearsals at 1:1.

So long as those tents remain so you can put something dry on afterwards and be under cover when on a break, it shouldn't be too bad.

Right... time for today's good news. What weird and wonderful section will be revealed today?

Latest