The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Original post by Pinnerite
Phew thank goodness someone has heard today to show that casting have not gone into hibernation. :banana::bumps::clap2: Many congrats! And that is a new segment number so hope for some more in that group tomorrow! :bigsmile: Did you think your audition was for dancing or 'theatrical skills'?

Its so exciting hearing from them after the wait :smile: and for dancing i think. It says my role is 'A dance and movement focused role in a dynamic and high profile section of the ceremony.' I hope everyone else hears soon.
Reply 6281
Congratulations whirly handance! My first rehearsal is late June, I am itching to start too. I am having to quench my dancing thirst elsewhere in the meantime. All these codes are really intriguing. I bet they turn out to be complete decoys ha.

Sorry to hear your sad news Rafiki, I shall also be keeping my fingers crossed that you get good news very soon.

I saw the Standard too, timefortea! Brought it home instead of throwing it in the train bin like I usually do. Bored my mum with the facts. I was most surprised by the one about gold medals not actually being gold... I think Seb Coe is right, the naysayers will get on board by the time the euphoric feelgood factor of a massive event hits them, it's infectious. I can't imagine leaving the country just when my home city is getting it's moment of glory. I get emotional when I think about it. I will probably be blubbing while watching the opening ceremony.

There is a little bit about wheelchair rugby (aka murderball, apparently!) on London Tonight. I've definitely noticed a lot of publicity about the paras in a way I haven't before, and it's interesting to find out more about it. In previous Olympic years the paras almost seemed an afterthought. I am really excited to be a part of it.
Congratulations Handance :biggrin:
Original post by Martelldance
What time u up there ?

Hi. Not long got back :wink:
Bit of a trek for us so we left before you posted (DD went straight from school)we were there for 7pm, but did arrive a bit early. It was so relaxed, only seemed to be about 20 or so girls being fitted/measured in our hour slot.

It feels really real now.
Can't wait, and it's not even me doing it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 6284
Heeeeeyy !!!!!!!!!! :groovy:

Just came in and I've a cast offer for the paralympic opening ceremony :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:.
Group 97-Read : A key role in an inspiring movement section reflecting human accomplishment.

So they are still coming in, slowly but surely. Keep hanging on in there, all those of you who are still waiting. There aren't too many rehearsals (11) and they don't start till July, so I'm really hoping I can tie it in with still doing the props . I will be making some phone calls tomorrow !!

Whoops I'm so excited I forgot I was cooking some pasta and its all gone soggy !!
Original post by adelie27

Just came in and I've a cast offer for the paralympic opening ceremony :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:.
Group 97-Read : A key role in an inspiring movement section reflecting human accomplishment.

So they are still coming in, slowly but surely. Keep hanging on in there, all those of you who are still waiting. There aren't too many rehearsals (11) and they don't start till July, so I'm really hoping I can tie it in with still doing the props . I will be making some phone calls tomorrow !!

Whoops I'm so excited I forgot I was cooking some pasta and its all gone soggy !!

Oh Adelie I am SO pleased for you! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:And fantastic if you can fit it in with props. I thought you had more or less given up the idea of performing so I am doubly delighted! Very well done - not much sleep for you tonight then! :excited::hugs:. Let's hope the rest of the TSR veterans hear tomorrow. Wouldn't it be great if all the meet-up girls and gals heard tomorrow.:please: I can picture your happy face as I have met you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6286
Oh Adelie I am SO pleased for you! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:And fantastic if you can fit it in with props. I thought you had more or less given up the idea of performing so I am doubly delighted! Very well done - not much sleep for you tonight then! :excited::hugs:. Let's hope the rest of the TSR veterans hear tomorrow. Wouldn't it be great if all the meet-up girls and gals heard tomorrow.:please: I can picture your happy face as I have met you!

Thanks - no, I never give up on anything! Which includes expecting good news for the others - come on casting :ciao: , there are a lot of dedicated people here who need some offers now ! :crossedf: !

Thank heavens for that!!!! Cinnamon and I couldnt understand how we'd got offers and you hadnt, seeing as we'd all been at the same audition. Fantastic news!!! xxxx

CONGRATULATIONS xxx
Reply 6288
Well done adelie! The trickle will turn to a flood of emails any day now
Reply 6289
Original post by fyrecracker
Thank heavens for that!!!! Cinnamon and I couldnt understand how we'd got offers and you hadnt, seeing as we'd all been at the same audition. Fantastic news!!! xxxx

CONGRATULATIONS xxx

Thanks Fyrecracker, glad to be joining you both :five:. 'though I think your role sounds more energetic than mine, could be sitting down in an armchair with a nice book !
Congratulations adelie27 :biggrin:

Oh my god!:smile: My heartiest congratulations to you. I still havent heard it yet. I guess i shall hear it on friday:smile:
Reply 6292
Original post by galactica2009
Oh my god!:smile: My heartiest congratulations to you. I still havent heard it yet. I guess i shall hear it on friday:smile:

Hi Galactica. I know you often come to this forum later in the evening so I was hoping to find you'd had an offer too. But I think they are taking their time, and also there have been no offers for the closing ceremony yet and maybe you are earmarked for that one. I am just looking forward to finding out what your role will be :wink:
Hi Galactica. I know you often come to this forum later in the evening so I was hoping to find you'd had an offer too. But I think they are taking their time, and also there have been no offers for the closing ceremony yet and maybe you are earmarked for that one. I am just looking forward to finding out what your role will be :wink:

I am very curious of the offer which they would put me in. Your role is very interesting. Very different than of main olympics. Cant wait to hear from Dancersmum
Well done Adelie! It's lovely to open this forum up in the morning and see good news. I have a feeling they're going to make the Paralympics ceremony really special - when it comes to ideas and being incredibly creative it's one area where the British really come into their own, and I think they're going to put the 'wow' factor across all the ceremonies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6295
well done adelie what fantastic news woohoo :smile:
Awesome news adelie, congrats!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6297

:woohoo: WOO WOO to you and excellent news to from Handance - WHIRL???.

Rafiki, hang on in there - you deserve to have a place. xx:goodluck:
Reply 6298
just an FYI. I am still waiting to hear about the opening/closing ceremonies so sent a note asking for a sense of timing. I was told that all casting decisions have been made and that they are now notifying candidates. They hope to be done by the end of next week with the notices...
Reply 6299
So sorry to hear about your funding Rafiki. Let's hope you will have something to cheer you up tomorrow- after all your traumas earlier you certainly deserve it . After all if you were chosen to be good enough for bith Olympic ceremonies surely they must have recognised that same potential for the paras. Will be keeping everything very tightly crossed and hoping that we shall meet at the next meet up whatever. PMA Rafiki- see what tomorrow will bring.

I keep trying to tell myself this and am still hoping. Thank you to everyone who still has their fingers crossed for the "not heards" and deserved, love you all.

Congratulations adelie27, so pleased for you :biggrin:

Meanwhile and most importantly:party2:100 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Latest