The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6300
Huge congratulations Adelie, so happy for you.
Your segment sounds AMAZING!!! WELL DONE
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!
Come on casting put everyone out of their misery !!!!!
Reply 6301
Original post by Handance
So excited heard today, para opening ceremony group 98 WHIRL. Anyone else in this group?! Rehearsals don't start till July :frown: But so pleased.

Congratulations, your section sounds amazing. Wonder what it is!
Well done.
Reply 6302
Original post by adelie27
Heeeeeyy !!!!!!!!!! :groovy:

Just came in and I've a cast offer for the paralympic opening ceremony :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:.
Group 97-Read : A key role in an inspiring movement section reflecting human accomplishment.

So they are still coming in, slowly but surely. Keep hanging on in there, all those of you who are still waiting. There aren't too many rehearsals (11) and they don't start till July, so I'm really hoping I can tie it in with still doing the props . I will be making some phone calls tomorrow !!

Whoops I'm so excited I forgot I was cooking some pasta and its all gone soggy !!

well done glad you have hanged in there and got your offer!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Many many congratulations after your long wait, adelie! And to handance too! Adelie - if you can't do both which will you choose? That would be a tough call to make!

deke - that's a new variation from casting on the 'end of next week' line that they have been using since mid-Jan! But all decisions made sounds very final - let's hope all our TSR friends are in somewhere!

And yes, 100 days from today, many of us will be nervous wrecks heading for Stratford! I love the pic on the Guardian's homepage of the Guards making a 100 in front of Horseguards!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by adelie27
Heeeeeyy !!!!!!!!!! :groovy:

Just came in and I've a cast offer for the paralympic opening ceremony :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:.
Group 97-Read : A key role in an inspiring movement section reflecting human accomplishment.

QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So pleased for you! Hope that it all fits in with the props role too.

I've not heard yet, but my audition was for Para Closing. However I'm thoroughly enjoying my other Ceremony Volunteer role which I started last night and which is very exciting. It's all real now! Whoopee!
Some interesting ceremony facts here

I love number 5
Perfect people need not apply Insiders say idiosyncratic performers were chosen for ceremonies over ones with perfect looks or voices. The director has said he is aiming for the ramshackle charm of Sydney's opener rather than Beijing's epic stage-managed slickness.

So if our reserves don't make it, it is obviously because you are too perfect!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17741213

We shall have the Red Arrows to salute us!
Reply 6307
Original post by Flakeydom
Some interesting ceremony facts here

I love number 5

So if our reserves don't make it, it is obviously because you are too perfect!

Great. And I like the reference to the Suffragettes. We knew that was what one of the cast offer codes stood for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited to be starting rehearsals. Setting off at 4.30. Counting down and clock watching from now. Off to a meeting which will hopefully distract me from thinking about it for a bit. Will dance in the lift though if it is empty :biggrin:
Reply 6308
Original post by Pinnerite
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17741213

We shall have the Red Arrows to salute us!

Wonder if Daniel Craig will sky dive out of one?!!

It is getting very exciting now. I work near Trafalgar Square so I pass the count down clock quite often. They also started to put up the crowd stands for the Beach Volleyball this week as well. I saw the guards practicing there and wondered what they were up to - now I see on your link that they're joining in!
Reply 6309
Original post by Caroline27
Hi Suzalt, it might be different for other people, but in my updated schedule I had a few rehearsals added in July. The rehearsal dates were the same as in the old schedule until July, where quite a few of the dates have been changed and the extra rehearsals added

Ta for the info Caroline, and your nice PM :smile: Think i'm going to book my hols for before rehearsals start - i dont want to risk more being added when i'm away. Will get to my first rehearsal early but then chat to the coordinator then about any future post-work nights, agree that there must be some leeway in place for travel etc. Hutsulka- good idea re missing your lunch, sadly i rarely get a lunch break so that wont work for me but getting in super early might be an option.

Forgot to tell you guys, but here's something that will probs interest a bunch of you- i work at the advertising agency responsible for creating the olympic mascots! Waiting for my performer news was quite painful when i was coming into work each day seeing the mascot pics/merch everywhere!! We also did the website with games/customisable characters etc, really fun! Feel like i have the olympics taking over my life now :wink: xxx
Well it looks Mum of Students if you were right after all. :biggrin: Now you have to predict what the other codes mean (in confidence of course)! Feeling somewhat ordinary having just the A tag unlike lots of you guys, especially those in the paras - obviously destined to be part of the masses and not a starring role.....!

See we are predicted to get 27 gold medals - hmmm.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17751399
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd suggest not too much speculation just in case we are inadvertently right and give something away. I wonder whether even the group names are too much.

It is interesting that it is the later auditionees for the most part that have the profile letters attached although I wonder whether some regular letters will be changed as rehearsals get underway in general.
I'm so excited for rehearsals tonight. Except I've uncharacteristically done exercise for the past 3 nights and now I can't move.
Oh dear - Excel has crashed twice tonight... grrrrr! Anyhow... luckily I'd saved it after updating..phew

So, for our 70 February auditionees (excluding the November reserves), the offers for each recall audition look like this

16 Feb - Opening 1
18 Feb - Opening 2, Closing 4 (2 understudies), Not Heard 5
19 Feb - Opening 4, Both 1, Not Heard 3
21 Feb - Closing 1, Para (no segment yet) 1, Not Heard 8
22 Feb - Closing 1, Not Heard 4
23 Feb - Para Open 3, Para Both 1, Not Heard 5
25 Feb - Not Heard 1
26 Feb - Not Heard 1
3 Mar - Not Heard 1
Unknown Feb date - Opening 9 (1 understudy), Both 2, Closing 1, Para Open 4, Para Both 1, Not Heard 6

Interesting there are 8 not heards, of which I'm one, on 21st Feb. Presumably as it was the last of Olympics auditions, they are filling (or have already filled) the remaining roles from earlier auditions? I really wish they'd just put me out of my misery. Probably going to book a week's holiday in June this weekend which would well scupper things if i did get offered something late in the day...but I can't wait forever. My life has been on hold for about 2 months now.

Congrats to all the people who've been offered roles in the paralympic ceremonies btw! :happy2:
I'd suggest not too much speculation just in case we are inadvertently right and give something away. I wonder whether even the group names are too much.

It is interesting that it is the later auditionees for the most part that have the profile letters attached although I wonder whether some regular letters will be changed as rehearsals get underway in general.

Absolutely Flakeydom - thanks for the reminder-easy to forget this is a public site.
Now rehearsals are underway there will have to be a complete block on any remotely sensitive information that is not in the public domain. Up to now everything has been pure speculation and rather fun therefore but now we shall be privy to serious confidential stuff. Once the final offers are in next week (?) I can foresee a great reduction in postings but hopefully we can still all share titbits in the public domain, travel/ car pooling issues etc. . PMing is probably the safer way to communicate if the post is not of general interest. What a GREAT site this has been though!

Good luck to those dancers rehearsing today!
So Jealous of everyone rehearsing and such already! I know mines next week so not long to wait.... BUT I just cant wait! ARGH!! :biggrin:

Also like Dancerwoman and getting ever so itchy as not yet heard any more about the rehearsals since my original casting offer...

Hmm....
Flakeydom and Pinnerite, thank you for sharing the articles - I love reading about all the background stuff, the bit about casting imperfect people was hilarious - though they've obviously made quite a few exceptions and overlooked our general gorgeousness. I read Angelina Jolie is in Danny Boyle's next film - so he obviously doesn't apply his imperfect filter too strictly.
Hey guys. I had a recall on Saturday the 18th of February for dance and have still not heard. It seems from these posts that rehearsals have started or starting very soon. Do I assume I 'm not in? Thanks.
Original post by decepticon87
Hey guys. I had a recall on Saturday the 18th of February for dance and have still not heard. It seems from these posts that rehearsals have started or starting very soon. Do I assume I 'm not in? Thanks.

decepticon87 i am in the same boat, had my recalled on 21st and still waiting. I think places are now going for para cermonies. And the rehersals that have started are for the olympics. So keep hoping, its not a no until the email says so. And hopefully it wont say that
Re: Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony?

Me too decepticon87 - still waiting. I'm totally speculating but I reckon they are now waiting to see who turns up to the rehersals to see if they need to draft others in as 'reserves' or it will just be a straight no (I hope not :frown: )
I really need to know within the next week though - work need to know availability and although a chance of a lifetime - not really woryht jepodising your job for :frown:

Latest