The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6380
Hi all,
Really great reading the posts on this site, I have being following for a few day and finally going to post!
(For the spreadsheet! I did first audition on Feb 14th and recalled for a dance audition on Sat 18th at 10am). After weeks of anticipation I finally got an offer as an understudy 70 group A at the closing ceremony on Sunday. Soooo happy now.
Stick in there guys who haven't heard anything yet I think there is still plenty of time, my rehearsals start in May.
I did reply straight away to accept and they even reply back to say thanks. But strangely I received exactly the same offer email today! Was I that good at the audition they want 2 for me lol

Not sure I'll make it to the ceremony as I think I might explode with excitement before then hehe
:excited:
Original post by Flakeydom
I don't think it likes Macs and iPad/iPhones; I've always had to go to Gmail on the web to retrieve attachments from casting.

Pants! I have no other option to retrieve my mail - its iPhone, iPad or MacBook! Funny thing is the message header shows a little paperclip to say something is attached but there's just nothing on the actual email itself.

Guess I'll have to ask them to send it again and hope it comes through!
Reply 6382
I think this hip hop guy did a routine on so you think you can dance, Alice and Charlie. I will look it up. Oh this is so exciting! I hate hip hop music but am obsessed with the dancing

yes it was him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFKbHuQ7BmE this is some of his other work. This is what you are in for, hip hop guys!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6383
Just remember not to wave at your Mum! :tongue:

Ha I will have to contain myself. My mum was annoyed that me being in a ceremony doesn't mean she gets free tickets. Er no love

Mo Farah's daughter is a cutie
Funny you should say that. I decided yesterday that the piece of information missing on the monster spreadsheet™ was gender - so I did a quick :wink: search of the forum, added it where I could and I've just finished playing around with it

So... from the November auditions, we had 171 auditionees post here
119 were women (70%), 32 were men (19%) and 20 (12%) are unknown (on TSR at least!)
Of the 119 women, 63% got Olympic offers, 6% got Para ones, 18% are reserves and 12% we don't know about
Of the 32 men, 78% got Olympic offers, 3% are reserves, 4% we don't know about
Of the unknown, 55% got Olympics, 20% are reserves and 25% we don't know about

After the 'men with rhythm call' the proportions are different in February. We have 77 Feb auditionees post here. 36 are women (47%), 35 are men (45%) and 7 (8%) are unknown.
But the %'s really change when you look at results especially for women (bear in mind that we have no reserves yet for Feb so the 'don't knows' are bigger)
Of the 36 women, 19% got Olympic offers, 22% got Para ones and 58% we don't know about yet
Of the 35 men, 51% got Olympic offers, 6% got Paras and 43% we don't know about yet
Of the unknown, 3% got Olympics, 1% got Paras and 50% we don't know about

Wow, those numbers have been well and truly crunched, I bow down to your awesome spreadsheet analytics :adore:
Original post by hutsulka
Ah Danny Boyle on BBC documentary re ceremonies: "people really want to be involved, even if it's just carrying a stick". I wonder if that's what we will be doing

Love what he said about capturing London in the personalities of the people chosen to create the show. What did he mean by the non-dancing sections being about "the movement of forces"? ....... intriguing ....
I really like Coe's quote at the end that said that basically if you have the Olympics in your own backyard, how can you not want to be part of the team delivering it. :biggrin:

Now if we can only work out a way to get all the naysayers to actually book a flight out of the country as they threaten to!
Reply 6387
Original post by Mum of Students
Love what he said about capturing London in the personalities of the people chosen to create the show. What did he mean by the non-dancing sections being about "the movement of forces"? ....... intriguing ....

Forces like push/pull/twist? The force like star wars? The weather? Who knows...

Hi Peteldn, congratulations on your offer! Surely the understudies will have some involvement
Original post by Caroline27
a big girlie Olympics - and the men who are involved should have a fun time.

:colone:
:blush:

I still remember the big welcome cheer I received for being the first (or second?) man on the scene at the meetup. Much appreciated, girls, though it sets some expectations for the rehearsals... :wink:

No news from the John Lewis photographer yet.
Original post by Mum of Students

But working out such things is your forte Mum of Students - you can't disappoint. Now you know what your character role entails- waving that stick in protest - yep that definitely needs all those all 25 rehersals for that!
Just wondering... How did people find out what this 1:1 venue is?! I've just been reading the update email trying to find any clues but can't seem to find anything!
Original post by aspire_dance
Woo hoo at long last the update email arrived! (Was just about to start my gymnastics session and 'ping' goes my phone!) my heart still does a mini flip when I see who it's from even though I know I'm in etc!

Yet again I haven't got the damn attachment with the revised rehearsal schedule - either they keep forgetting to send it to me or it doesn't like macs and ipads!

Dancerwoman do we have any changes of rehearsals??

As far as I can see, the rehearsal schedule is exactly the same as the one that was sent in the Cast Offer email (no changes).

The second attachment is T&Cs in relation to the passes and the Oyster card which needs to be signed at the bottom and produced at the rehearsals. This will then be exchanged for your Oyster card and pass on the day.

I had to scroll right down to the very bottom of the email before I spotted the two attachments. If you still have problems, send me a pm (off Forum) and I will forward you it as I'm sure you'll need to bring it with you on the day.

I have to be more careful as to what I say on here from now on.
Original post by Pinnerite
But working out such things is your forte Mum of Students - you can't disappoint. Now you know what your character role entails- waving that stick in protest - yep that definitely needs all those all 25 rehersals for that!

Ummm .... I'll be thinking about that one over the next few days! :daydreaming:
Just wondering... How did people find out what this 1:1 venue is?! I've just been reading the update email trying to find any clues but can't seem to find anything!

Well, our email for starters does not have the words "Cast Update" so I take it that this is a different version. My take on it is that probably earlier Cast Updates most probably mentioned 1:1 venue but obviously since this is a "public" Forum where anyone can more or less follow what's going on, someone from Casting decided to remove info in relation to 1:1.

Wouldn't be surprised that they did this purposely as they probably know already that a few "sleuths" out there did a fair bit of investigation to locate where this venue was and to prevent it becoming something that everyone but their cat knows about, probably decided to remove information in relation to this particular venue.

Well, that's my guess anyway.
Reply 6394
I watched the program too and had my obligatory cry when they showed the bid victory scenes.

I knew that the line about carrying sticks would get picked up here <giggle>.

Possible takes on forces...weather, science (gravity/electricity/magnetism etc). The science theme appeals because A I'm a scientist and B the Sydney opening depicted Europeans with icons of science and we have a huge scientific heritage.

The dancing looked really fun. Random wild speculation- what if the bell got turned upside down to be the caldron!

You know every time I think I can't get any more excited or enthusiastic I prove myself wrong!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dancerwoman
Well, our email for starters does not have the words "Cast Update" so I take it that this is a different version. My take on it is that probably earlier Cast Updates most probably mentioned 1:1 venue but obviously since this is a "public" Forum where anyone can more or less follow what's going on, someone from Casting decided to remove info in relation to 1:1.

Wouldn't be surprised that they did this purposely as they probably know already that a few "sleuths" out there did a fair bit of investigation to locate where this venue was and to prevent it becoming something that everyone but their cat knows about, probably decided to remove information in relation to this particular venue.

Well, that's my guess anyway.

Thanks Dancerwoman! I managed (after half an hour of wrong passwords!) to log into the web version of my email and thankfully the attachments were there!

Yeah I guess you're right - they probably did take it off our emails since people seemed to work it out! I was getting excited to find out where it was, but guess we will have to wait a little longer
Pants! I have no other option to retrieve my mail - its iPhone, iPad or MacBook! Funny thing is the message header shows a little paperclip to say something is attached but there's just nothing on the actual email itself.

Guess I'll have to ask them to send it again and hope it comes through!

As an experiment I thought I'd check my email on my IPhone. I too was able to view the paperclip you mentioned. Try scrolling to the very bottom of the email and you should have the names of the two attachments in blue colour font. Click on the names and you should get the option of opening the attachments on a different screen.

I've just tried it and although they are both in Adobe format, was able to view both the attachments.
Reply 6397
Just remember not to wave at your Mum! :tongue:

My wife's taking the evening off on the night of the opening ceremony, and she's having a 'Spot hubby on the telly party' with our friends. I told her they'd be able to spot me easily! I'd be the one waving! :wavey:
(edited 12 years ago)

Thank you Pinnerite :smile: I'll see what happens!
Original post by Dancerwoman
As an experiment I thought I'd check my email on my IPhone. I too was able to view the paperclip you mentioned. Try scrolling to the very bottom of the email and you should have the names of the two attachments in blue colour font. Click on the names and you should get the option of opening the attachments on a different screen.

I've just tried it and although they are both in Adobe format, was able to view both the attachments.

My friend can also see hers on her iPhone - I don't know why they never seem to show up on any of the apple products I own, it's very frustrating. They are definitely not there - and I've got 3 people to check for me now!

But at least I've figured out my webmail password so I can now retrieve them from there :smile:

Latest