The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The weather is so rubbish :frown:

Ropey, tonight you will find me glued to the hot chocolate table.

Thanks for that Pinnerite. I saw the entries for the awards at The Design Museum - the velodrome was up for one too - very beautiful model. Glad one of my favourites - the balsa wood chair picked up an award too!
Original post by EllieAtWHL
A question for all you lucky people who have started rehearsals already.

If it states a rehearsal time of 5:30pm, should I arrive at the time to go through security, or will I need to arrive early to give time to get through security before rehearsal begins at 5:30, and if so how early? Trying to work out how much earlier I'll need to leave work.

I got there just after 5pm but they didn't open the gates until 5.30pm so we all had to hang around in the queue outside anyway. I think it was 6.15 when everyone was in and sat down and we actually started anything! :smile:
Hi everyone, I remember some people talking about not having anywhere to stay during the ceremonies.

I saw this and thought of you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/travelodge-discounts

There is a travel lodge sale starting at 6am tomorrow morning (Thursday) and the rooms are £65/£95 each - 3 in a room could work ouyt pretty cheap.

It might be hard to get them but it's worth a shot if it saves you some wonga :wink:

Have a good day and fingers crossed we might hear this week.... maybe!
Wow! Wish this would have a come a few weeks ago! But still that will be v. Helpful :smile:
Thank you hanzipops :smile:
Reply 6825
Oh, hi all, I'm a closing ceremony understudy! Although I think they gave me the wrong email to reply to say I wanted the role so I hope I'm not too late,.
Original post by Mandy_Panda
they don't open the doors til 530 and you are pre allocated numbers, isn't first come, first served or anything really. So no need to get there much before 530.

Very true. I was one of the last ones in and I was allocated a low number. Aspire_Dance was right. Despite me arriving 10 minutes late (due to car parking issues), the time was roughly around 6-ish by the time we got started. However, cannot categorically guarantee whether it will be this late next week. I think that now that the first rehearsal and introductions are over, that they'll probably make a big effort for them to start on time.

BTW, can anyone who's been to their second rehearsal reveal whether we'd be given the same numbers / place positions as the first or whether they swap us around? Obviously I'm not asking for specifics due to all of us being bound by confidentiality issues. A "yes" or a "no" will do so that I'm prepared for the next rehearsal. Ta
Reply 6827
Original post by Jimbo23
Oh, hi all, I'm a closing ceremony understudy! Although I think they gave me the wrong email to reply to say I wanted the role so I hope I'm not too late,.

Congratulations! That's a promotion for you from Reserve, I think?
Original post by Jimbo23

That's amazing Jimbo as I think that is a promotion from reserve to understudy? Many congratulations as I believe you will now be going to all the rehearsals and it gives much positive hope to some of the other reserves :bumps::bban::congrats:!
Reply 6829
Original post by hanzipops1
Hi everyone, I remember some people talking about not having anywhere to stay during the ceremonies.

I saw this and thought of you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/travelodge-discounts

There is a travel lodge sale starting at 6am tomorrow morning (Thursday) and the rooms are £65/£95 each - 3 in a room could work ouyt pretty cheap.

It might be hard to get them but it's worth a shot if it saves you some wonga :wink:

Have a good day and fingers crossed we might hear this week.... maybe!

I was just coming to post the same thing!

Travelodge sales normally start wayyyyy before the advertised time, so it's best to keep checking from about 10pm tonight. There probably won't be much left by 6am.
Just had my Segment 44A rehearsal update!

2 extra rehearsals and some time changes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6831
Original post by Jimbo23

Congratulations !
Thats fantastic news for you and hope for the rest of the reserves.
Original post by Pinnerite

Me too!
Original post by Dancerwoman
Very true. I was one of the last ones in and I was allocated a low number. Aspire_Dance was right. Despite me arriving 10 minutes late (due to car parking issues), the time was roughly around 6-ish by the time we got started. However, cannot categorically guarantee whether it will be this late next week. I think that now that the first rehearsal and introductions are over, that they'll probably make a big effort for them to start on time.

BTW, can anyone who's been to their second rehearsal reveal whether we'd be given the same numbers / place positions as the first or whether they swap us around? Obviously I'm not asking for specifics due to all of us being bound by confidentiality issues. A "yes" or a "no" will do so that I'm prepared for the next rehearsal. Ta

only had 1, 2nd tonight, but last week they told us we prob wouldn't have the same numbers?
Reply 6834
Original post by Mandy_Panda

only had 1, 2nd tonight, but last week they told us we prob wouldn't have the same numbers?

Probably because, as someone has said previously, they were still wandering around with clipboards watching us perform at first audition, and maybe deciding particular slots for individuals do you think? All will be revealed ... Enjoy tonight, I can't wait til mine tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6835
I keep checking on here hoping that there will lots more positive yes's! Thinking of all you who are still waiting! I can't wait to start rehearsing but mine don't start til July! Anyone know anyone else in 98 whirl group para opening? :smile:
Original post by zna79
Heya...pls help. I am in segment 51C for the opening ceremony but have recently moved house and cannot locate my paperwork (other than my rehearsal schedule) and have changed my email in the interim too. I am now unable to contact the segment leader to let them know re my change of email addy. Can anyone help? I initially emailed the segment leader in Jan to accept my place but of course now have no access to my old email. I tried calling a random number and leaving a message, but to no avail. ANY assistance would be so greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance.

I probably cannot be much help because I am in segment 44 but I don't know whether you have tried phoning on 02012 402 040 which is the number most pepole seem to use. I think you are more likely to get through to an actual person in the mornings but otherwise leave a message on the answer phone and they should get back to you pretty quickly. Alternatively if you sent a PM to 1londonbabe who is also one of the 51c group on TSR who may be able to give you the details of your specific cast coordinator to email to.
Original post by MsIs
Probably because, as someone has said previously, they were still wandering around with clipboards watching us perform at first audition, and maybe deciding particular slots for individuals do you think? All will be revealed ... Enjoy tonight, I can't wait til mine tomorrow.

thanks!!! Can't wait! Will msg you before/after your rehearsal :smile:
Original post by Jimbo23

woooooo congrats!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Pinnerite

2 extra rehearsals and some time changes.

Yes me too! They are organised! The comittment has just got larger with 2 extra rehearsals and some LONG rehearsals. Just spent half an hour going through the changes! The 44 segment must be huge to need so many rehearsals. Or perhaps we are considered slow at picking things up?!!

But confidentiality has once again been stressed so I dont want to say anymore here...........

Latest