The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6840
Woo hoo I finally got an acceptance:biggrin: for Paras Opening Ceremony high impact dance role YAY!!! 87-A anyone else do PM me. A lot of rehearsing awesome!

I auditioned for the olympics opening ceremony in feb and the 22 recall (as aforementioned) but we were told we'd be either OCC or paras. I had finally thought I'd skip away and was happy if it were a "no". Or that paras would clash with other projects but it doesn't. It does say you can't do Gamesmaker too so I shall cancel that. It fits with Ambassadors though, just.

I hope others get some good news! Yay yay yay I love the rain, so I'm off to dance in it now!:wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6841
Hooray it is time to set off for my 2nd rehearsal. Wednesday's are growing on me.
My e-mail just came through! Been offered a "dance/movement role in a high-impact early section of the Paralympic Opening Ceremony". Obviously am happy to have been offered the role - but i can't shake what they said at the audition, which is that if we didn't get through to the opening ceremony then we would probably be offered a place in the paralympic ceremony - guess it kind of makes it feel second best, but really don't want it to feel like that!
Reply 6843
Original post by oncewasastudent#
My e-mail just came through! Been offered a "dance/movement role in a high-impact early section of the Paralympic Opening Ceremony". Obviously am happy to have been offered the role - but i can't shake what they said at the audition, which is that if we didn't get through to the opening ceremony then we would probably be offered a place in the paralympic ceremony - guess it kind of makes it feel second best, but really don't want it to feel like that!

Very many congratulations!!! The first of many for those waiting to hear on here I hope. It may not be your first choice of ceremonies but it most definitely isn't second best - you will be made to work just as hard as the rest of us and the ceremony will be even just as good/spectacular. Well done:congrats::party:

Congratulations! I am sure whatever ceremony you are in it will be a magical experience and the rehearsals will be such fun so just enjoy what you have been offered. I am sure there are many who would be just itching to be in your shoes so well done! What segment are you in?

:clap2::congrats::clap2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6845
Original post by Jimbo23
Oh, hi all, I'm a closing ceremony understudy! Although I think they gave me the wrong email to reply to say I wanted the role so I hope I'm not too late,.

Excellent news. You'll be at all the rehearsals and the ceremony!! Congrats :bban:
Reply 6846

fantastic news, well done :smile:
Original post by Pinnerite
Congratulations! I am sure whatever ceremony you are in it will be a magical experience and the rehearsals will be such fun so just enjoy what you have been offered. I am sure there are many who would be just itching to be in your shoes so well done! What segment are you in?

:clap2::congrats::clap2:[/QUO

Ah thanks - lovely comments indeed. Am in Segment 87-Group B :-)
Original post by MsIs
Very many congratulations!!! The first of many for those waiting to hear on here I hope. It may not be your first choice of ceremonies but it most definitely isn't second best - you will be made to work just as hard as the rest of us and the ceremony will be even just as good/spectacular. Well done:congrats::party:

Thanks MsIs - wise words. And will take them on board. I have to accept by the 20th April, so am going to see if the tardis is available...
Original post by lanza101
Woo hoo I finally got an acceptance:biggrin: for Paras Opening Ceremony high impact dance role YAY!!! 87-A anyone else do PM me. A lot of rehearsing goody I can really fit and I just got some www.SweatyBetty.com legwarmers! LOL

I auditioned for the olympics opening ceremony in feb and the 22 recall (as aforementioned) but we were told we'd be either OCC or paras. I had finally thought I'd skip away and was happy if it were a "no". Or that paras would clash with other projects but it doesn't. It does say you can't do Gamesmaker too so I shall cancel that. It fits with Ambassadors though, just.

I hope others get some good news! Yay yay yay I love the rain, so I'm off to dance in it now!:wink:

Brilliant - congratulations!

Well done! Fantastic news - looks like the para offers are starting now!
Reply 6851

Ha, I love the rain too!! Well done for the role!
Original post by Jimbo23
Oh, hi all, I'm a closing ceremony understudy! Although I think they gave me the wrong email to reply to say I wanted the role so I hope I'm not too late,.

That's amazing Jimbo as I think that is a promotion from reserve to understudy? Many congratulations as I believe you will now be going to all the rehearsals and it gives much positive hope to some of the other reserves :bumps::bban::congrats:!

Well that is some positive news, particularly for us as remaining RESERVES is it not very well done and all the best for a great experience taking part in the Closing Ceremony now. Wish I could join you (but probably can’t/won’t be) !
Woo hoo I finally got an acceptance:biggrin: for Paras Opening Ceremony high impact dance role YAY!!! 87-A anyone else do PM me. A lot of rehearsing goody I can really fit and I just got some www.SweatyBetty.com legwarmers! LOL

congratulations to you too lanza101
Reply 6854

fantastic news, can feel your excitement!! :smile:
Reply 6855

Very well done, and huge congratulations. Great feeling isn't it. Don't get too wet!!! :clap2::dancing2:
Reply 6856
My e-mail just came through! Been offered a "dance/movement role in a high-impact early section of the Paralympic Opening Ceremony". guess it kind of makes it feel second best, but really don't want it to feel like that!
Congrats! I thought that for ages too but now I am so happy and in fact happiest to be doing paras for various reasons. I particularly wanted to support the paralympics. Also we start fresh and we won't come in late to established rehearsals.
(edited 12 years ago)
Congrats! I thought that for ages too but now I am so happy and in fact happiest to be doing paras for various reasons. I particularly wanted to support the paralympics. Also we start fresh and we won't come in late to established rehearsals. Hey we have Kim Gavin as director woah!

ah yes - thats a nice way to think about it. feeling much more excited now. i think its the build up to getting "the e-mail" and it not automatically being what you wanted. now i can concentrate on it for what it is and get even more excited!!
Reply 6858
[QUOTE="oncewasastudent#;37286977"]

:clap2::congrats::clap2:[/QUO

Ah thanks - lovely comments indeed. Am in Segment 87-Group B :-)

Huge congratulations, you are in the same group as me, See you at rehearsals!
Reply 6859
Original post by MsIs
Very well done, and huge congratulations. Great feeling isn't it. Don't get too wet!!! :clap2::dancing2:

Thankyou so much! Indeed- ebay for some really good breathable waterproofs for rehearsals. I'd dance in wellies! I hope the pointe dancers will be ok.

We were told about the rain in that recall audition too - we'd have plan B, C, D....
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest