The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eve 58
Many congratulations to today's lucky people. At least offers are slowly trickling out.
Get a bit scared to look on here now, or check my emails. The anticipation of 'yes' or 'no' is constant. :sigh: The continual 'no news' is excrutiating! :tumble: Casting must be extra busy now that rehearsals have started - how much longer is it going to take?
I have my next GM training on Saturday and I will be going with some slight reservation, which is a shame. I would like to feel 100% up for it. I thought that, by now, I would have heard either way from Casting and if it was a 'no' - then I would have felt (disappointed) but completely up for my GM training.
Ah well.........................:confused:

HEy Eve!

I know how you feel. Dont lose hope. I still havent heard nothing yet for paras. I have called casting today and they have mentioned it to me that they are still in process of making decisions of offers and it will take several weeks instead of 3 weeks as mentioned due to backlog. They apologised, and assured me that i shall be hearing sometime in mid May or earlier. Fingers crossed!
Original post by Flakeydom
You're a torchbearer? Where will you be? V cool!
Total 89 people. 19 Opening, 3 Both, 12 Closing, 9 Para Open, 2 Para Both, 1 Para somewhere, 2 Rejects, 7 Reserves, 24 Not Heard.

There are no Para Closing bods as yet so definitely still hope...

Hi Flakeydom! For your records there were at least 7 of us who did para auditions on 26 Feb: Rafiki, Pizazz, Adelie, Cinnamon, Fyrecracker, Galactica and me. Rafiki did hers in the morning but hasn't heard, the rest in the afternoon; Galactica and I were definitely auditioning for the para closing (and have not heard) and the rest the opening (and they've all got in I think).

I'm helping at a couple of rehearsals next week (Wed and Fri) so hope to see a few TSR members there. Still mega-excited about props (but can't think I'll get less excited in the weeks ahead somehow), and such a lovely team.
:bban::cheers::bumps::congrats::dancing2:Many congratulations to lanza101, lara5 mum and thrilled nurse on your news today. Well done - it is a fabulous feeling isn't it? Let 's hope there will be more good news tomorrow!
Reply 6883
Original post by MsIs
Oh Eve58 please dont feel despondent, no news is good news and offers are coming albeit slowly. Please dont give up hope and hang on in there - you will hear soon I'm sure and hopefully it will be the news you want. Fingers (and toes) crossed :goodluck:

Original post by Mum of Students
Ooo Eve I really feel for you. I remember feeling the same way - unless you've been through it I don't think anyone can understand. Hang on in there and really enjoy the fantastic opportunity you've been given with your GM role. Chin up! ........ and that goes for RAFIKI, Galactica and all the others trying to keep sane during this impossible wait ..... we're all hoping for good news for all of you.:grouphugs:

Thanks guys - you really are a fab lot! I've been to my tap class tonight - a chance to reflect on the shows we put on over the w/e. We had some great feed back, so we all felt uplifted by that and I feel a bit better now. Tomorrow is another day. :crossedf:
:crossedf:
Original post by Eve 58
Many congratulations to today's lucky people. At least offers are slowly trickling out.
Get a bit scared to look on here now, or check my emails. The anticipation of 'yes' or 'no' is constant. :sigh: The continual 'no news' is excrutiating! :tumble: Casting must be extra busy now that rehearsals have started - how much longer is it going to take?
I have my next GM training on Saturday and I will be going with some slight reservation, which is a shame. I would like to feel 100% up for it. I thought that, by now, I would have heard either way from Casting and if it was a 'no' - then I would have felt (disappointed) but completely up for my GM training.
Ah well.........................:confused:

Eve please keep your pecker up! :hugs:I can see absolutely no reason why you should not get a para place with your lovely personality and enthusiasm. Offers ARE still trickling out so do keep positive although it must be hard... How did your tap shows go - I would have loved to have seen them. We have tap festivals on the next two Sundays.

Update
Just read your post! So glad the shows went well! I was at tap tonight as well so we had tap telepathy! Fingers crossed for you:crossedf:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6885
Original post by galactica2009
HEy Eve!

I know how you feel. Dont lose hope. I still havent heard nothing yet for paras. I have called casting today and they have mentioned it to me that they are still in process of making decisions of offers and it will take several weeks instead of 3 weeks as mentioned due to backlog. They apologised, and assured me that i shall be hearing sometime in mid May or earlier. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Galactica - don't know how I'll cope for another 2 weeks though!
Oh well, as the saying goes, 'Keep Calm and Carry On'!
Original post by Eve 58

as the saying goes, 'Keep Calm and Carry On'!

That's the spirit :wink:
Original post by Mum of Students
Ooo Eve I really feel for you. I remember feeling the same way - unless you've been through it I don't think anyone can understand. Hang on in there and really enjoy the fantastic opportunity you've been given with your GM role. Chin up! ........ and that goes for RAFIKI, Galactica and all the others trying to keep sane during this impossible wait ..... we're all hoping for good news for all of you.:grouphugs:

Thank you Mums of Students of your warm and kind words. :smile: Cant wait to see positive offers in my mailbox
Reply 6888
Original post by lanza101

can you edit it out as it will confuse peeps?

Yep, sign in, go to the "offending" message and click edit, do the deed and save.
Reply 6889
Original post by galactica2009
I have called casting today and they have mentioned it to me that they are still in process of making decisions of offers and it will take several weeks instead of 3 weeks as mentioned due to backlog. They apologised, and assured me that i shall be hearing sometime in mid May or earlier. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the support guys. Looks like we'll be needing it for a while yet with the new mid-May guideline :eek:
Reply 6890
Well done those with fresh news - bet you can't wait to get started.

For those rehearsing last night - I thought it was fun again, more than last week even.

Until next week.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ropey1
Well done those with fresh news - bet you can't wait to get started.

For those rehearsing last night - I thought it was fun again, more than last week even. Can't believe we only have 2 more indoor sessions.

I am so tired. And my feet hurt so much yesterday.

I semi gave clues to a friend about costumes (oops) and she reckons it will look amazing and could be worse.

Been running over the routines in my head, apart from that one that I will never ever manage to learn. We've learned 5 routines bits now. Mental.

It's really cool that there were 5 of us from the forum there last night.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6893
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Thanks for all the support guys. Looks like we'll be needing it for a while yet with the new mid-May guideline :eek:

MID MAY?! Wow. Fingers crossed.

I'm sure some people will still drop out due to work / schedule problems or if they end up in a bit that doesn't fit with them for whatever reason.
Reply 6894
Original post by Mandy_Panda
I am so tired. And my feet hurt so much yesterday.

I semi gave clues to a friend about costumes (oops) and she reckons it will look amazing and could be worse.

Been running over the routines in my head, apart from that one that I will never ever manage to learn. We've learned 5 routines bits now. Mental.

It's really cool that there were 5 of us from the forum there last night.

Yep it was good to see so many and people starting to 'seek us out'. I was thinking we've learnt quite a few bits. They told me we'd be in the whole section so I think we will actually do most of it. I'm not sure we'll do what we did last week though as another group seemed to be doing that now (so I guess we were not selected for that bit). OR we may be doing that bit next week?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi,

Although still got the walking on air feeling, just posted my acceptance letter by recorded delivery, I also feel very humbled to be opening in the Para's when you think of the struggles those atheletes have gone through, feel very honoured to be involved with this. Do you think there will be any top music acts? and do we actually get to stay on the stadium field throughout, or do you think once you have done your bit (87A) which is an opening sequence we will have to leave?

Would be nice if fellow boarders could have a way of identifying themselves.

Only thing I do not like on this forum is people giving away little details of routines and costumes, really think that should stop, will spoil it and I would not wish to be associated with it. We have to remember this forum is being read by people not involved with the Olympics and could easily become viral.
Original post by Ropey1
Yep it was good to see so many and people starting to 'seek us out'. I was thinking we've learnt quite a few bits. They told me we'd be in the whole section so I think we will actually do most of it. I'm not sure we'll do what we did last week though as another group seemed to be doing that now (so I guess we were not selected for that bit). OR we may be doing that bit next week?! We have 2 more sessions indoor which I guess may see us repeat last week and this week. )

I assume for mass movement we are all dressed the same, for the most part.

I'm in the dark all of the time! Every time I try make sense of any of it, my hear hurts!

I can't wait for everyone else to start rehearsals! Especially the paras with all their funky sections names!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by THRILLEDNURSE
Hi,

Although still got the walking on air feeling, just posted my acceptance letter by recorded delivery, I also feel very humbled to be opening in the Para's when you think of the struggles those atheletes have gone through, feel very honoured to be involved with this. Do you think there will be any top music acts? and do we actually get to stay on the stadium field throughout, or do you think once you have done your bit (87A) which is an opening sequence we will have to leave?

Would be nice if fellow boarders could have a way of identifying themselves.

Only thing I do not like on this forum is people giving away little details of routines and costumes, really think that should stop, will spoil it and I would not wish to be associated with it. We have to remember this forum is being read by people not involved with the Olympics and could easily become viral.

to my knowledge we haven't stated anywhere public any details of dance routines and costumes, except there are dance routines and costumes, which i'm pretty sure everyone knows already? we know what we are and aren't allowed to say, we're pretty careful :smile:
Hi,

[QUOTE} Only thing I do not like on this forum is people giving away little details of routines and costumes, really think that should stop, will spoil it and I would not wish to be associated with it. We have to remember this forum is being read by people not involved with the Olympics and could easily become viral.

I agree Thrillednurse. I think we have tried hard up to now not to give away confidential information as we frequently remind ourselves that it is a public site, but we have to be particularly careful now rehearsals have started for the lucky few not to say anything that might spoil the surprise. Indeed we face being excluded from the ceremonies if we post anything untoward.

But that certainly should not stop using this amazing forum to advise and support others, share in the excitement of those receiving offers and communicate our enthusiasm as to how much we feel the ceremonies are going to be spectacular from what people find from rehearsals.

Those of us who attended the 'para rehearsal' meet-up and/or the Westfield meet-up are fortunate in having already met many on the forum- hello everybody!! It is great now that ceremonies people and props people are 'finding' each other at rehearsals. It is worth making the effort to find who is in your segment as it is always useful to have someone to PM with any queries/ perhaps share journeys with.
Hi,

I think we are all aware of that and since the penalty would be losing your place, I think everyone will be very very careful. Any information given so far is very very generic - that it will look spectacular, that there are several different routines (no detail to style, length or numbers) and there are costumes (not a surprise). The only specificity is on interesting footwear to dance in which could anything from flip-flops, platforms, stilettos, running spikes to banana boots so I don't think any details here will ruin the event.

Latest