The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6920
Got my 44C update - 2 more rehearsals (ugh) & some blooming long days...

But, on the bright side, the rehearsal that is on the same day as the torch relay goes through my high street is late enough that I can do both in one day - that's a result! :biggrin:

Just need to get to that first rehearsal next week to re-ignite the excitement!
Original post by Mandy_Panda
to my knowledge we haven't stated anywhere public any details of dance routines and costumes, except there are dance routines and costumes, which i'm pretty sure everyone knows already? we know what we are and aren't allowed to say, we're pretty careful :smile:

?Pineapple!! (costume) did I read?? or have I imagined it?? LOL

What funky names for the Para opening sections?

Just think it would be so easy to forget is not just performers on this site that is all, not trying to offend anyone, would not be deliberate but could just get a few of us into trouble, and we know how lucky we are to be taking part and how many people are just waiting to jump into our trainers!!
Ah - there is a pineapple smiley so there is a TSR in joke about being dressed as a pineapple, as the back half of a donkey, sitting up flagpoles etc. No actual real detail there unless reading our stupidity inspired Danny Boyle!
Reply 6923
Original post by Flakeydom
Billy Connolly had a pair years ago. Suspect they are hard to walk in let alone dance!

Oooh - another scouting mission to find an appropriate venue for early segments to watch? Some sections will be there til the end though. Assuming there are fireworks, I want to see them!

Saw Billy in them yeeeaaaarrrs ago - they were hilarious then. I want to see the fireworks too!!!!

Mandy - plentyof watering holes around the area, anything from 1.8 miles to 20+ mins walk (eek).
Tsr won't let me quote.

I wonder if the cow has a tv or would even be open that late?

We could go in costume....
I would have hoped, perhaps optimistically, that there would be large screens behind scenes at the stadium for us to watch. Hopefully at one of the dress rehersals we will be able to watch the other segments?
Reply 6926
Original post by THRILLEDNURSE
?Pineapple!! (costume) did I read?? or have I imagined it?? LOL

What funky names for the Para opening sections?

Just think it would be so easy to forget is not just performers on this site that is all, not trying to offend anyone, would not be deliberate but could just get a few of us into trouble, and we know how lucky we are to be taking part and how many people are just waiting to jump into our trainers!!

In the time between auditions and waiting to hear from casting when our brains were fevered/frying, we amused ourselves by imagining the roles we would have, ie dancing pineapples and/or back end of donkeys; when roles started to be cast we made up roles according to sections.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6927
Original post by Pinnerite
I would have hoped, perhaps optimistically, that there would be large screens behind scenes at the stadium for us to watch. Hopefully at one of the dress rehersals we will be able to watch the other segments?

That was my hope too. A friend of mine that used to live in China momentarily dampened my performance excitement when she told me that in Beijing some performers had to wear nappies rather than risk them needing toilet trips at inopportune moments!! I'm hoping that London will take a more civilised approach to this!
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/performers-wear-daipers-in-beijing-olympics-opening-ceremony-3105.html
Reply 6928
Original post by MsIs
In the time between auditions and waiting to hear from casting when our brains were fevered/frying, we amused ourselves by imagining the roles we would have, ie dancing pineapples and/or back end of donkeys; when roles started to be cast we made up roles according to segments cast; eg SUF = sitting/shimmyin up a flagpole.

that'll be me. I'm a 44 SUF-V, so watch out for me sitting up above you all :wink:
Original post by Kit-Yan
that'll be me. I'm a 44 SUF-V, so watch out for me sitting up above you all :wink:

Certainly a more fun interpretation than probably the actual one that Mum of Students has worked out from your letters. :shh::shh::shh::shh::shh:
Original post by Kit-Yan
That was my hope too. A friend of mine that used to live in China momentarily dampened my performance excitement when she told me that in Beijing some performers had to wear nappies rather than risk them needing toilet trips at inopportune moments!! I'm hoping that London will take a more civilised approach to this!
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/performers-wear-daipers-in-beijing-olympics-opening-ceremony-3105.html

Ugh! Well they did test us out by not having loo breaks during our 4 hour auditions! :thumbsdown: Strange thing is that many poorer Chinese cannot afford diapers for their children so they wear trousers with a large slit in them...very disconcerting if you have to sit in a seat they have vacated... Actually my son who lives in China tells me that at times like Chinese New Year adult diapers are sold for the world and his wife travelling for up to 36 hours on overcrowded trains to visit family, so perhaps it was not such an unusual experience for them but I am sure we will not have to suffer that indignity..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6931
Original post by Kit-Yan

Ha ha, hopefully not in a nappy.........
Reply 6932
Original post by Pinnerite
Certainly a more fun interpretation than probably the actual one that Mum of Students has worked out from your letters. :shh::shh::shh::shh::shh:

Ooh, has she? I'll have to PM her if it's not on here somewhere.
Reply 6933
Original post by MsIs
Ha ha, hopefully not in a nappy.........

Let's hope not! That WOULD be a sight to behold!
Reply 6934
Original post by MsIs
:tongue: can think of a lot of things to get distracted by, but work!! :work: You should be dancing, yeh.

My feet are practising under my desk. :yeah:
Original post by Kit-Yan
Ooh, has she? I'll have to PM her if it's not on here somewhere.

You should have been at the meet up :wink: and later info seems to confirm her suspicions. :smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass::smartass:. Mind you that does not exclude you shimmmying up a flagpole- come to think of it, it could be quite appropriate in your role for drawing attention to yourself...
Reply 6936
Tsr won't let me quote.

I wonder if the cow has a tv or would even be open that late?

We could go in costume....

......... yeah, and get chucked out! :badger::banana::elefant::penguin::blow::headfire:

Do I vaguely remember a TV screen (to the left as you walk in) or maybe just wishful thinking?
Reply 6937
Original post by Ropey1
My feet are practising under my desk. :yeah:

:penguin: Happy feet!!!!:laugh:
Original post by MsIs
......... yeah, and get chucked out! :badger::banana::elefant::penguin::blow::headfire:

Do I vaguely remember a TV screen (to the left as you walk in) or maybe just wishful thinking?

I remember only wine and pink tshirts :tongue:
Reply 6939
I remember only wine and pink tshirts :tongue:

I was on soda water - off to second rehearsal, yay!!!!

Latest