The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deke
are many people still waiting to hear back about the opening ceremony? I was told last week that they hoped to contact everyone this week, but I have heard nothing...

Yes I am still waiting as are many others in this forum. If you look back through this thread, someone mentioned yesterday that they called casting and people may not hear until mid-May.
Reply 6961
Original post by Concord
Well, while you're waiting for a cast offer or your next rehearsal, why not plan your own Opening Ceremony? (It's actually quite interesting, and the photos are a good reminder of what an inspiring experience it will be!)

Excellent! I'll pass it onto my friends that are having the Olympics Ceremony party and see how they interpret it.
Reply 6962
Original post by Concord
Well, while you're waiting for a cast offer or your next rehearsal, why not plan your own Opening Ceremony? (It's actually quite interesting, and the photos are a good reminder of what an inspiring experience it will be!)

Having now read it, it makes me feel very privileged and VERY excited. Bring it on...
Reply 6963
Well I've finally done it. No not heard from casting - don't be daft. I've finally signed up to tsr and posted something on this thread. I've been reading it for weeks as must have loads of other people out there judging by the number of views it has had. I too had my first audition 11th Nov followed by drumming audition 27th November followed by being made a reserve then a paralympic audion 26th Feb and am still in that position and waiting and loosing hope by the day. I must say though that the wait has been made more bearable by following these comments and by the enthusiasm generated by what some of you say. If I hadn't been reading this i would have given up completely weeks ago. Well - Keep Calm and Carry On!! Guess there's not much else we can do.
Reply 6964
Original post by seadiver
Well I've finally done it. No not heard from casting - don't be daft. I've finally signed up to tsr and posted something on this thread. I've been reading it for weeks as must have loads of other people out there judging by the number of views it has had. I too had my first audition 11th Nov followed by drumming audition 27th November followed by being made a reserve then a paralympic audion 26th Feb and am still in that position and waiting and loosing hope by the day. I must say though that the wait has been made more bearable by following these comments and by the enthusiasm generated by what some of you say. If I hadn't been reading this i would have given up completely weeks ago. Well - Keep Calm and Carry On!! Guess there's not much else we can do.

Hello Sea Diver...Hopefully you won't have too long to wait now/ Fingers crossed

Yep, keep positive. Many people still don’t know!

Welcome seadiver - glad you have finally taken the plunge:wink:. Yes there are lots of people who are still waiting for para results including several people who auditioned the same date as you so stay strong!:crossedf:
Original post by Pinnerite
Welcome seadiver - glad you have finally taken the plunge:wink:. Yes there are lots of people who are still waiting for para results including several people who auditioned the same date as you so stay strong!:crossedf:

Yes, welcome seadiver - you're in good company here - every reason to keep optimistic.

Pinnerite - that was terrible!!!
Reply 6968

Welcome seadiver - I auditioned 5th and 17th Nov, Reserve, Para audition 24th Feb. Trying to be very patient but have the odd dip. Not helped by the fact my son has had 2 rehearsals for opening ceremony and was filmed by Danny Boyle last Saturday....................Aaaaaaagggggghhhh!!!! So jealous! :argh: However, love hearing about anything he's allowed to tell me!!!!!
It's going to be fantastic - with or without me!!!!!!!!!!:h:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Redu
I'm interested in knowing whether anyone has actually received a straight "No" answer from the auditions? I've noticed that it has been mentioned but nobody on the forum has received that specific response.

No-one on the forum has had a no after a recall audition. We've had two forumites tell us that friends have had a no. Our only TSR no was the DivineMrsM who got a 'no' after her very first audition.

Well I've finally done it. No not heard from casting - don't be daft. I've finally signed up to tsr and posted something on this thread.

Welcome in! You're now officially on the monster spreadsheet. Just to let you know, from your original recall date on 27 Nov, we had 18 people. It was a busy recall day - there were Hip Hop, Dance (to Adele) and Drumming auditions that day.

Cast offers were 2 in the Opening (both Hip Hop auditionees), 2 in both (1 Hip Hop/ 1 unknown but prob drumming from her segment) and 5 in the closing (all Dance - Adele).

6 reserves - including you - of whom 4 were drummers, one was a Adele dancer and the other we don't know. And 3 people haven't told us what their result was.
Reply 6970
Thanks for the welcomes and the updates on numbers. It's good to know there are others too. I always knew I wasn't a dancer and even possibly not a drummer but I met other drummer auditionees in feb who were proper performing drummers and they didn't get in - goodness knows what they were looking for. Surely there's a flag to wave or something I could do. For those of you who have had cast offers was there a date by which you had to accept by on it? If so maybe they need to get all the replies before they can deal with the rest of us. If there isn't a reply by date do they just wait for the rehearsals to see who turns up and then get back to us? The speculation goes on!

Welcome! Bizarre: all your auditions were the same days as mine: 11 Nov (1pm), 27 Nov (2pm - drumming, no previous experience, Reserve) and 26 Feb (3pm - para closing, not heard). Maybe they are so busy with the first 3 ceremonies, particularly the Olympic opening, that they haven't done much about the para closing yet.
Original post by cornishscot
mid May you say? Oh dear ! <sigh>

However that said I am available from 13th May onwards for rehearsals (if they want me) so that might actually work out o.k. for me in the end. Attending any dates before then might be a little more difficult now (but not completely impossible either).

Thats right Cornishscot. Lets see if they stick to their guideliness of mid May time frame.. Anyway my birthday is at the end of May:smile:. Hope they send some good news by Mid May. :smile:
Original post by galactica2009
Lets see if they stick to their guideliness of mid May time frame.

Well, we've had end of Jan, mid-Feb, mid-March, end March, mid-April, end April, mid-May...

There are no closing Para offers though so there have to be more in the pipeline.

Tell you what - I guarantee everyone will know by 9 September. :rolleyes:
Hello! Another lurker here, who has been following this thread since auditioning in February. I wanted to post a reply when I had a cast offer, but had trouble registering. I have just managed to register (after being advised to use a different browser). Anyway, I am very happy to now be able to say hello and add to this conversation.

So........ I may get to go on the spreadsheet! I had first audition on 16th February followed by a recall audition (I think this was one of the first para auditions) on 23 February.

I had a cast offer (on Friday 13th April) for para opening ceremony group 87A.

I know this has been said many times but please hang on in there if you are still waiting. I am sure there will be many more offers.
Original post by Dancersmum
Welcome! Bizarre: all your auditions were the same days as mine: 11 Nov (1pm), 27 Nov (2pm - drumming, no previous experience, Reserve) and 26 Feb (3pm - para closing, not heard). Maybe they are so busy with the first 3 ceremonies, particularly the Olympic opening, that they haven't done much about the para closing yet.

Its nice to see you here :smile:. Missed your companion at the para audition:smile:
Reply 6976
Original post by Flakeydom
Well, we've had end of Jan, mid-Feb, mid-March, end March, mid-April, end April, mid-May...

There are no closing Para offers though so there have to be more in the pipeline.

<giggle> :thumbsup:

OT but just had to try out this smiley! :macarena:
Original post by Yorkie girl
Hello! Another lurker here, who has been following this thread since auditioning in February. I wanted to post a reply when I had a cast offer, but had trouble registering. I have just managed to register (after being advised to use a different browser). Anyway, I am very happy to now be able to say hello and add to this conversation.

So........ I may get to go on the spreadsheet! I had first audition on 16th February followed by a recall audition (I think this was one of the first para auditions) on 23 February.

I had a cast offer (on Friday 13th April) for para opening ceremony group 87A.

I know this has been said many times but please hang on in there if you are still waiting. I am sure there will be many more offers.

Well done Yorkie girl - may I be the first to congratulate you! :congrats::dancing2::banana::bumps: And yes our resident spreadsheet guru will add you pronto I am sure! Welcome to the family - we have quite a few 87ers on here who I am sure you will get to meet at rehearsals!
Original post by Flakeydom

haha 9th of september. In that case Royal family should host a banquet for us and give everyone of us as knighthood as a recognition of courage and bravery of longest waiting olympic offers:wink:
Original post by Pinnerite
Well done Yorkie girl - may I be the first to congratulate you! :congrats::dancing2::banana::bumps: And yes our resident spreadsheet guru will add you pronto I am sure! Welcome to the family - we have quite a few 87ers on here who I am sure you will get to meet at rehearsals!

Congrats to Yorkie girl, I am also 87A, look forward to meeting you.

Latest