The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
[QUOTE=Hey, fellow 26th Nov HipHop auditionees - were you in the first or second set? They had so many people attending the morning round that after 200 people filed into the first room, the next 200 were ferried into a different room... one of the marshals did assure us we were all doing exactly the same dance/routine though. Did everyone dance to Maroon 5? (And who were the choreographers that elicited such a strong gasp - I really want to google them now!)

Hello Fizzymartini! I was also at the hiphop audition but on the 27th - sounds like we did the same as you to maroon 5. Which segment are you? I'm 49e.
Dead chuffed to be doing hip hop even though it's not my usual thing. The jazz audition sounded a lot harder!
The choreographers are amazing ... however I've seen absolutely nothing announcing that they are doing it so in order to be "part of the secret" I don't think I should post their name on here - sorry!!
Reply 901
Original post by Dancerwoman

Did anyone post or email their Acceptance to the offer? Did anyone who emailed their acceptance emailed the Cast Co-Ordinators or the "Donotreply" email address?

Actually, the emails were addressed quite cunningly so that, if you simply did a reply it replied to the cast co-ordinator address, despite showing as having come from the donotreply address. At least, that's how it worked in Hotmail for me - which rather surprised me. So hopefully harder to get it wrong!

As for the rehearsal schedules, I think they were good to warn of "as many as four a week from March", which meant that my 22, starting in May, was actually quite a relief. And given that I'm a regular Mon-Fri worker who can sneak out early from time to time, it looks like I shouldn't need to take more than 5/6 days off. Realised today that I might even be able to work on the big day itself if the ceremony doesn't start until 9pm, though I'm not banking on that!

One small disappointment is that I have a rehearsal on the day the torch is due to come through my town. Don't know the time of either the torch or the rehearsal, so I might still be able to get to both - I do hope so...
Thanks AlecSp.

I emailed my acceptance paperwork to the Co-Ordinators's email address and also posted the hard copies to the address stated in the email, just in case!
Reply 903
Original post by sammydancer
I have been chosen for a dance role in the 'spectacular sequence' think its 70A. well done you!!!

Im in 70A too. well done everyone :smile:
Original post by cornishscot

Original post by cornishscot
SAME HERE - sad times ! (but they only auditioned 7,500 last time around, not the 10,000 we originally thought - hence the reason they need to try to recruit some more people to brige the gap).:mad:

Here is the text of that e-mail (for those interested in knowing what it says) arrived about 5-10 mins. ago:-

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

London 2012 Ceremonies would like to thank you for offering your time to attend the auditions for the opportunity to become a Volunteer Performer at one of the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening or Closing Ceremonies.

We hope that you had an enjoyable experience and we really appreciate your involvement. The response that we received was remarkable; we auditioned over 7,500 people and the standard was exceptionally high.

At the present time we are not able to offer you a performance role in one of the Ceremonies. However, we very much enjoyed your work in your audition, and we are still very interested in keeping you as a reserve performer and therefore have placed you on our Volunteer Performer reserve list.

This means that if a suitable role becomes available you will be contacted with a formal offer to perform at one of the Ceremonies together with your audition schedule.

Yes i have received the same email in the evening today with regards to my drumming that i have been put in reserve list
Original post by w11lina
Hello Fizzymartini! I was also at the hiphop audition but on the 27th - sounds like we did the same as you to maroon 5. Which segment are you? I'm 49e.
Dead chuffed to be doing hip hop even though it's not my usual thing. The jazz audition sounded a lot harder!
The choreographers are amazing ... however I've seen absolutely nothing announcing that they are doing it so in order to be "part of the secret" I don't think I should post their name on here - sorry!!

Yep, same segment here! :biggrin:

I know, I'm confused about how they decided on the style of dance for people. There seemed to be only very few at my audition who were clearly pros.

In their "recruiting" literature they called on dancers of "all styles - classical, contemporary, urban, ballroom, social, traditional and culturally specific"... so I wondered if they were going to be incorporating aspects of any of the others? I'm really more of a ballroom/latin dancer, but hey, I definitely ain't complaining when I get to be part of the event at all... plus the audition was so much fun! :tongue:
Me too.

Maybe this was the deciding factor in relation to who gets selected for the Opening and which for the Closing Ceremonies. MAYBE, those of us that come from the Latin Dance / traditional may be down for the closing ceremony (bearing in mind that the next country hosting the games will be Brazil) and applicants from the Street / Jazz / Ballet / drumming background be selected for the opening ceremony?
Reply 907
Original post by Dancerwoman
Thanks AlecSp.

I emailed my acceptance paperwork to the Co-Ordinators's email address and also posted the hard copies to the address stated in the email, just in case!

Ha ha I did exactly the same!
I have received an email today evening that i am on reserve. My recall audition was on 27th November for drumming. Hope we reserves get through to olympics . Fingers crossed!
Original post by galactica2009

Original post by galactica2009
I have received an email today evening that i am on reserve. My recall audition was on 27th November for drumming. Hope we reserves get through to olympics . Fingers crossed!

I was in the drumming audition and they got me for the opening and closing?? how strange? did you tick off any of the other boxes like marshalling or general performer?
Original post by CarlitosWayz12

Original post by CarlitosWayz12
I was in the drumming audition and they got me for the opening and closing?? how strange? did you tick off any of the other boxes like marshalling or general performer?

No I have just ticked off for drumming only in that recall audition sheet. I did had a very good in drumming. Dont know why i were put in reserve
Original post by pyl11
Im in 70A too. well done everyone :smile:

yay thats awesome. were you in the Adele audition? i have no idea what we will be doing, id like more info. Are you living in london?
Reply 912
Original post by waiting ages
I am on the reserve list too! Least I know....now just the email checking to see if I have a chance to be in! Have a good weekend all

Have just joined, as only place to share thoughts on Olympic ceremonies.
I had my 2nd audition for acting on 17th November and am on the reserve list.
does anyone know what that actually means? Are we 'reserved' only for the role we were recalled for, or could we be used elsewhere?

Think my age (58) has something to do with it.
Reply 913
Original post by Eve 58

Original post by Eve 58
Have just joined, as only place to share thoughts on Olympic ceremonies.
I had my 2nd audition for acting on 17th November and am on the reserve list.
does anyone know what that actually means? Are we 'reserved' only for the role we were recalled for, or could we be used elsewhere?

Think my age (58) has something to do with it.

I am still waiting having received the sorry we haven't forgotten you email a few days ago! I do hope they have some respect for me ....and its just not a straight NO!! I will be turning 50 in Sep so was hoping to make 2012 a really special year for me and this would really be a special thing to be doing so am soo
gutted I haven't heard yet!
Reply 914
Original post by Bignic12
I am still waiting having received the sorry we haven't forgotten you email a few days ago! ........gutted I haven't heard yet!

Me neither.
Original post by Dancer_Cardiff
I got Dance/Character in Segment 63 Group A too! Nice to meet you, we'll be rehearsing together! Did you have your recall on Sun 27th Nov with the super-hard choreo to Adele?

Hey! My recall dance audition was on Tuesday 29th Nov...it was super-hard choreo but not to Adele. I am kind of curious what we will be doing in the closing ceremony now... The fact that it says 'character' role alongside being a dancer suggests we will be dressed up as something! x
Reply 916
Spent some time last night looking at previous olympic opening ceremonies on you tube , if you haven't done so I really recommend it as it will give you a feel for what some of the roles might be and what we will be doing in this summer.
Reply 917

yay thats awesome. were you in the Adele audition? i have no idea what we will be doing, id like more info. Are you living in london?

I had my dance audition was on 29th Nov, its a fun routine but not to Adele. I would like to have more info. too, but at least we know we will be dancing! I am very pleased about that. Also, we dont have that many rehearsals compare to others, which is pretty good. I dont live in London, it takes me around an hour to get to central London by train. I guess its still worth it though :smile: Do you live in London yourself?
yeah i hope its going to be a decent part as im travelling from Newquay every time...lomg way to travel for a part that doesnt have much to it although saying that im so so happy and grateful to be given the opportunity to dance.
My boss confirmed no email yet. Gonna relax this weekend now!

Latest