The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cornishscot

Original post by cornishscot
I ticked off everything except ballet on my sheet I think - including musician/singer - but still I only made it through to the reserve list (as a drummer? well that's what my 2nd audition was so who knows!(.

I expect after all that the best I can hope for is a "behind the scenes" role (which I've now applied separately for to up and including the Opening Ceremony only as busy with other stuff after that which clashes with rehearsals for Closing Ceremony and this stuff cannot be changed/moved to another date).

If I do actually get to take part in the opening ceremony though I full expect that role to be as an extra of some sort, not as a dancer, actor or drumming purely because I am female, overweight and 47 years or age not a nice supple young thing of, say, 25 with a pretty face still !!

:colondollar:

Thats cool! Goodluck for your another role:smile:. I am thinking to do the same
Original post by adelie27

Original post by adelie27
Hi all ! Congrats to those who are definitely in. I was in the Blur/Madness group but have had the 'reserve' letter (Friday 20th). Am really disappointed as had been pleased with how the audition went, and was buzzing all the way home, but wondering how many they wanted for that particular section. Hoping I may still get in somewhere !

Thanks to everyone contributing to this. Any reserve people that later get an offer - please let us know to keep our spirits up.

I got Reserve letter on Friday 20th that i had for drumming recall audition. Lets not give up:smile: and keep our spirits alive
Appears to be mic group and first hip hop group waiting. Good luck guys!
Original post by jenbee
Hey I'm in that group too!!!!! :smile: what audition where u at?

hey :biggrin: 5th nov and then recall 26th nov. I have no idea what kind of sequence it's going to be, i just guess it's going to be hiphop/street dance? either way, i want an awesome costume LOL.
To all of you who got through for dance roles, do you have previous dance experience?
Reply 965
Original post by francescarella
hey :biggrin: 5th nov and then recall 26th nov. I have no idea what kind of sequence it's going to be, i just guess it's going to be hiphop/street dance? either way, i want an awesome costume LOL.

I'm sure those were my Audition dates too. Same, I want a decent costume! Not just some tracksuit!
Reply 966
Original post by Mandy_Panda
To all of you who got through for dance roles, do you have previous dance experience?

I have about 6 years dance experience, but that was many years ago! Sort of dances kids do....tap,modern etc

I do Zumba too which keeps me fit and is like dancing

i did latin and ballroom for a few years as a teen, and have just graduated from drama school (there was no dancing on my course but it was very lively!) but I haven't done any hip hop or the stuff I had to do in the audition :/

Basically, I was energetic and rhythmic.

yes, I was only able to apply in the first place because I am a trained dancer. They extended the closing date for us and advertised in dance magazines.

No dance training and no professional experience but have been going to adult dance classes (jazz & contemporary) for years for fun - but have never performed.

...not exactly.

Tried to make up for this by smiling loads and being as enthusiastic and energetic as possible (to the point of letting rip and becoming manically bouncy in the last freestyling sections). Was hoping that they were looking for stamina, especially if the ceremonies are at the end of a long day...!
Reply 971
Original post by lauski22
danp142: What difficulty group did you put yourself in?

I am now in 51-B.

I did the wrong audition (dancing instead of drumming) as they made a mistake with my application (they emailed me back afterwards)!! But as they know I am actually a drummer anyway they have put me in this group.

I put myself 1 up from the bottom. Should have put myself in the next highest but I thought it might be too complicated, turned out to be way too easy though. Still glad to get in and I think all the drumming groups rehears together, so maybe see you there!
Reply 972
Appears to be mic group and first hip hop group waiting. Good luck guys!

And me. I'm still waiting & had character/movement audition eve of 30 nov. not come across anyone on this thread who was there. Reckon mon/tues for outstanding notifications?
Hopefully Monday. Hmmmmm, I didn't say I was a dancer. I guess if a lot of experienced people got through, I don't have much of a chance.
Reply 974
Just found this thread tonight and have stayed up half the night reading it. Eep.

I haven't got a reply yet... or any of the other emails now I'm well nervous!

Then again, nobody here seems to have been in the same audition as me. I did the rollerskating audition on the 1st of December.

I'm definitely going to be calling them on Monday! I can't handle the suspense any longer!
Reply 975
Original post by Pizazz

Original post by Pizazz
Just found this thread tonight and have stayed up half the night reading it. Eep.

Then again, nobody here seems to have been in the same audition as me. I did the rollerskating audition on the 1st of December.

I'm definitely going to be calling them on Monday! I can't handle the suspense any longer!

good luck! there are quite a few of us in the same boat! this forum has been a life saver for me :smile:
Original post by Pizazz

wow, rollerskating! Were there lots of auditionees? How'd it go? Good luck! Keep us posted when you hear!
Original post by danp142
Hey, I'm in 51-C doing the same thing. What difficulty group did you put yourself in in the recall audition? I thought the most experienced would be put in 51-A and least 51-D with the others in between, but if you didn't put yourself in the most experienced group then my theory is clearly wrong.

The first time I put myself in the very first group of absolute beginners, but found way too easy, so in the next room I put myself in next group up. maybe it's least experienced in A and most in D?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dancerwoman
HappyEnding are you in Section 63A as this sounds like the same choreo I did during my recall on Wednesday 30th November - my audition was the evening one. I just remember the dance choreo being an extremely fast "Street Jazz(??)" and reminded me of being at the Pineapple :confused: There was one girl that wore a small pair of shorts and did the splits at the end of the routine. Does this particular audition ring any bells?

Looking back I'm wondering whether those that auditioned us did this purposely to see how many of us would persevere with the routine and to see how many of us would still be smiling at the end of it :colondollar:

Any Segment 63 Group A's I look forward to meeting you all at the rehearsals. The Cast Co-Ordinator on the Ceremonies website looks very much like one of the ladies that showed us the routine. Here face is VERY familiar (spotted her on the Ceremonies website).

Don't know how we'll know who's who unless someone's willing to carry a placard saying : "Hi I'm so and so from the student room?" :biggrin:

Re: the privacy issues in the email, I'm sure there's many of us on here that need to inform colleges, employers etc of these rehearsals. My take on this would be to photocopy the first and rehearsal page and tippex / blackout email addresses, rehearsal locations, which part you've been offered, the Cast Group / Co-Ordinator's names (plus their email addresses), Role Outline and remember in the Key information part of the email that you do not leave details of where the rehearsals will be but leave in the dates. I think this would be more than sufficient information for colleges / employers in relation to arranging time out for rehearsals.

Hey. My dance audition was on the 29th Nov at 6pm. And yeh I am going to be in Segment 63 Group A in the closing ceremony as 'Dance and character role in spectacular ceremony sequence'. Thats the same as u right? The routine was really fast, and hip-hoppy in my audition. There was no splits at the end tho. so maybe we done a different routine...What song was your dance audition too? xx
Many_Panda- Have u heard anything yet? Keep us updated! x

Latest