The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9980
Awww I just missed out on starting page 500, congrats courieuse!

Must try and find a manageable way to archive the magic in this thread.

You all rock!
Got back from tonight's rehearsal 35 minutes ago and it was our last time at 3 Mills.

I noticed that Casting are so keen to push everyone into using public transport for our next rehearsal at 1:1 that I'm sure they "purposely" delayed mentioning about the Car Pool option until right at the very end of the rehearsal - seconds before we were allowed to go home. It would have made much more sense if it was mentioned at the very beginning of the rehearsal so that those Cast Members who didn't notice the Car Pool sheets would have an idea what it was all about and whether any wanted any lifts / offers of lifts etc.

It was wonderful to finally meet Mola. I'm terrible with putting TSR names to faces.

Apart from my segment 63A, are there any others rehearsing this Sunday at 1:1 for 9am? Just curious because we were told that my segment's going to have a lot more people joining us. I will admit that on the walk down to rehearsals this evening, there were a few "professional looking" dancers leaving (although they had the same lanyards as us "volunteers", they also had an additional orangey looking pass underneath the normal accreditation pass but couldn't see what it said). Also, there were a group of children leaving as my segment were arriving.
Agreed commonliner, amazing rehearsal tonight!

RockerG - I think I was standing very near to you tonight, with your purple laces, we spoke about costumes, but I didn't ask you if you were you (if you get what I mean), I'll say hello again next time!

I'm up for a quick drink after our rehearsal on Sunday, would be nice to meet some of the 44ers as well as the 51ers I've yet to meet!
Original post by wickedgrin
In that case I hope the poor woman brings her ear plugs that she had for the Jubilee Concert. LOL
Drumbeat actually makes the noise, she only needs to endure my face. I fear she won't be amused, hope Neom and her colleagues (the black bib equivalents) draw enough attention to themselves. Well, no doubt they will!

BTW, stadium rehearsees, please applaud the workmen when they leave the field just before the rehearsals start - I fear we've set a standard, and they enjoy it! :biggrin:
Reply 9984
Original post by Kit-Yan
As soon as I got to my 1st rehearsal so much of what we'd had to do in our recall (which at the time I'd thought 'huh??') made sense.

I spent a bit of time watching your rehearsal from a distance on Saturday morning, and there was one bit that looked very strange. I'm looking forward to seeing what it means on the night of the 27th!
Reply 9985
Original post by Dancerwoman
I will admit that on the walk down to rehearsals this evening, there were a few "professional looking" dancers leaving (although they had the same lanyards as us "volunteers", they also had an additional orangey looking pass underneath the normal accreditation pass but couldn't see what it said).

I suspect those orange bits are little laminated cards that have the contact details for the professional cast coordinators. I'm glad you lot are having a lot of fun in rehearsals, it's been quiet for me so far - how hard can it be to prepare for my 60 second of fame?! - but looking forward to getting into the Stadium!

And we're approaching 10,000 posts. 10,000! To think that I've read every one at least once. I really should get out more.
Reply 9986
Still awake at 01:10 following tonights Epic first rehearsal in the stadium with the 51ers I too spotted Rockerg and his purple laces and went and said hi we blew the lid off apparently hoping the helicopter taking sneaky photos didn't see too much! Such a buzz need to sleep now kids will be up in 5 hrs aaargh! Top tip the salmon sarnies are tasty :-) lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9987
Original post by Dancerwoman

Apart from my segment 63A, are there any others rehearsing this Sunday at 1:1 for 9am? Just curious because we were told that my segment's going to have a lot more people joining us.

I think it may be the 51s amongst others. there's quite a bit of confusion on this as they seemed to tell us tonight that the Sunday rehearsal is at 1:1 despite the paperwork saying stadium. I have no doubt they will email us to clarify the situation. But if we do get moved, it will kick beer and pizza into touch for Sunday.

Original post by EllieAtWHL

RockerG - I think I was standing very near to you tonight, with your purple laces, we spoke about costumes, but I didn't ask you if you were you (if you get what I mean), I'll say hello again next time!

I'm up for a quick drink after our rehearsal on Sunday, would be nice to meet some of the 44ers as well as the 51ers I've yet to meet!

Original post by Lucky30
Still awake at 01:10 following tonights Epic first rehearsal in the stadium with the 51ers I too spotted Rockerg and his purple laces and went and said hi ..

The purple laces worked wonders tonight, though like DancerWoman I'm terrible at remembering names. But hey, we'll be hanging out together for the next few months, so plenty of time to get to know each other outside this virtual place! :cool:
The Drum Rehearsal in the Olympic stadium was amazing!! Did anyone take off their ear piece and actually listened to the beat and music? Cant wait for the real deal in July :daydreaming:
Original post by icanshowyoutheworld
Can anyone help me please?
Baring in mind it takes an hour from st Pancras to the tube station near 1:1 venue, do you think it'd be possible to finish a rehersal on a Sunday, and get to the eurostar in two hours?
So including getting on the shuttle bus and waiting, and a tube to st Pancras..
Any help wil be greatfully recieved! Booking my eurostar ticket in an hour n wanna be in Paris as early as possible!
xxx

pick Eurostar up from Stratford international instead, you will def make that in 2 hours.
Original post by Kit-Yan
I wonder if that was because we were being considered for quite small segments?

Suspect so - but still a pity if that happened to be your acting one rather than one that created lots of 44s!

Original post by Concord
And we're approaching 10,000 posts. 10,000! To think that I've read every one at least once. I really should get out more.

Likewise - plus I've probably logged 10% of them on the spreadsheet... gulp!

Stadium sounds awesome those of you who were there last night. Next week can't come soon enough!

37 days to go... (hmm, perhaps I should have another private one for our first stadium rehearsal)
number-37-chalon.png
Reply 9991
RocKeRG - nice to meet you last night. It was an impressive rehearsal & I feel that once they decide what it is they want us to do it will be even better!

Not impressed by the packed food - I don't eat cereal bars & I can't bear salad in sandwiches! Managed to drop my sandwich and devoured a large amount of homemade cheese flan when I got home. Would rather have been able to take the flan with me instead. Hey ho! Perhaps they're hoping the sugar rush from the cereal bars will carry us through!

The atmosphere in the stadium will be incredible - it already has that feel that builds excitement. And we are awesome.
Reply 9992
Signed off work for another week and off to physio later this morning......knee is making some progress :smile:

Getting so excited about getting into the stadium next Thursday......great to hear the stories of those already in there.

Great news of the recent offers and how exciting its all sounding. Almost starting to get a little depressed wondering what will happen when its all over :frown:
Reply 9993
Upgraded understudy reporting for duty (and for updating of the amazing spreadsheet) ;-) yay!
Reply 9994
Original post by Flakeydom

37 days to go... (hmm, perhaps I should have another private one for our first stadium rehearsal)
number-37-chalon.png

Your countdown is starting to make me feel nervous, Flakey! It makes it visibly real! :eek:
Reply 9995
Original post by Drummit
RocKeRG - nice to meet you last night. It was an impressive rehearsal & I feel that once they decide what it is they want us to do it will be even better!

Not impressed by the packed food - I don't eat cereal bars & I can't bear salad in sandwiches! Managed to drop my sandwich and devoured a large amount of homemade cheese flan when I got home. Would rather have been able to take the flan with me instead. Hey ho! Perhaps they're hoping the sugar rush from the cereal bars will carry us through!

The atmosphere in the stadium will be incredible - it already has that feel that builds excitement. And we are awesome.

Good to meet you too Drummit! I saw you 'grooving' it large towards the end! I would try and bring your own food next time. Another friend of mine had a bag full, and the paid her no attention.
Reply 9996
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
The Drum Rehearsal in the Olympic stadium was amazing!! Did anyone take off their ear piece and actually listened to the beat and music? Cant wait for the real deal in July :daydreaming:

Was special walking down steps and on to field of play and stage :smile:

Yes - was amazing sound....and agree will be great (once they decide where we will start/enter etc.).

V V loud sound system....they should have told us about those HUGE base speakers on the floor before asking us to walk around...then telling us not to stand near them....beware !
Original post by Mola
Upgraded understudy reporting for duty (and for updating of the amazing spreadsheet) ;-) yay!

congrats!!!!
Reply 9998
Hi guys, this thread has now exceeded the size limit we allow (500 pages) so I'm closing it. I'll be shepherding off the last couple of pages to a new thread, which will be up in just a couple of moments. :yy:

The link to the new thread is here. :h:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest