The Student Room Group

RE: New IB1 Student

Hello TSR.
I am about to start the IB next term (I've done Pre-Ib for the last 3 terms) and would really appreciate any advice with regards to my subjects and the course in general, the subjects and their respective levels are:

English HL
Biology HL
Design Technology HL
Mathematics HL
Spanish Ab Initio SL
Business & Management Anticipated SL

I am looking at an Engineering/Business double degree, which requires Physics or Chemistry as a prerequisite and I would have to take a bridging course as those subjects, to my surprise, are not offered at my school.

The school I currently attend is the Queensland Academy for Creative Industries (QACI) which focuses on group 6 subjects (the arts) and don't offer that many subjects as said before and I have to take Design Technology at the school and the other subject I could take would replace business with ESS, however, the school is part of a broader group constituted of three academies, the others being Health Sciences (too far away) and Science, Mathematics and Technology which offers all the subjects I'd like to take but the process to switch is draining and time-consuming. So I'm wondering is it better for me to swap to the other school now or to continue with my current school and take a bridging course later.

Also could anyone give me a brief overview on the topics covered in each subject so I can study and prepare for the course over the holidays.

Thank you.
Swap now! If you are doing HL maths then HL physics and HL chemistry shouldn't cause you any grief, and they are both more relevant to engineering than biology.

Also, to get the highest possible IB points it's very important that you choose the subjects that you are best at, and enjoy most - especially for your 3 HL options (you only need do 3 HLs, not 4).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending