Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bad movies you wish you had never watched

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The most recent one I've added to that list is Transformers 3. Terrible script and acting. Somehow they drew it out to 2 and a half hours and it bored me to death for every single minute.

How about you guys?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sky Captain & the world of Tomorrow.

the fire alarm at the cinema was a godsend.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dark Lord)
    I'm going to get some serious hate for this, but the Harry Potter films

Not that they were terrible, but I had imagined all the characters etc differently to how they were cast in the films and it didn't really live up to my expectations...

The books were perfect, and it is hard to beat them. In fact, the only epic films which I found to be equally as good as the book version are the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    I kinda agree - my imagination was a lot better than any of the movies. Could have been worse though, the last one was kinda ok - had some spine tingling moments, but they also made changes which they should never have done.

There are some books that the movies/tv show live up to but I struggle to remember them. I started reading Fight club and the book seems almost identical to the movie and, well, the movie was excellent.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    A Serbian Film
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not much of a movie watcher but one movie which I thought was so bad that I wish I didn't go and watch is called Jumper.

I had expectations - turns out I wasted my time having them.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Human Centipede.

My face was just like this the whole time: :lolwut:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paranormal Activity. The most un-scary thing going.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    Sky Captain & the world of Tomorrow.

the fire alarm at the cinema was a godsend.
    I saw that on a plane, it was terrible! :rofl:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lock stock aside anything with Jason Statham in it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Indiana Jones 4. And the ****ers are making a number 5 too...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jennifer's Body, it seemed they tried to make it funny, scary and sexy but failed in all of them
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    drive angry and the yogi bear 3d film

i will never get those hours of my life back
    curse you unlimited ciniworld card for making me think i might as well see them seeing as it doesn't cost me money!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Legally Blonde 2.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The last song, was as rubbish as I expected.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3rd Austin Powers movie. The first two were great, but this one simply overdid the gross-out gags, the goldmember character was a waste of a funny idea, and they reused a lot of jokes from the 2nd movie without adding anything to them. Also - Beyonce in a movie, the fail-proof method to make it suck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dark Lord)
    I'm going to get some serious hate for this, but the Harry Potter films

Not that they were terrible, but I had imagined all the characters etc differently to how they were cast in the films and it didn't really live up to my expectations...

The books were perfect, and it is hard to beat them. In fact, the only epic films which I found to be equally as good as the book version are the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    LOTR was EPIC!

Harry Potter on the other hand.... I think it was a bit 'corny' for lack of better words...
    and I think that Daniel overacted when playing Harry...
    The books were outstanding though...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any of those street dance/step up films. They're just really, really not my thing...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Epic Movie

holy hell that was BAD
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    I kinda agree - my imagination was a lot better than any of the movies. Could have been worse though, the last one was kinda ok - had some spine tingling moments, but they also made changes which they should never do.

There are some books that the movies/tv show live up to but I struggle to remember them. I started reading Fight club and the book seems almost identical to the movie and, well, the movie was excellent.
    The Harry Potter films, straight out were awful, nothing like the books in anyway, the acting was disgraceful (just watch Emmas Watson's eyebrows though out the films and Daniel Radcliffe's constant confusion of constipation for emotion) me and my friends only watch them to laugh and insult them, it upsets me so much to see the books massacred that way, breaks my heart so I have to laugh though the pain. The portrayal of Dumbledore in the forth film is the worst, he is just so angry all the time, it's ridiculous. He would never ever grab, shake and shout at Harry (In the fifth book he gets very angry at Umbridge for doing that to Marietta!). I refuse to see the last one because the trailer upset me so much, I mean come on AS IF Harry is gonna call Voldemort Tom!? Or Voldemort is gonna be crawling on the floor or let Harry hug him and jump off Hogwarts!? I mean he can fly for ****s sake!?

Anyhow, I wish I could erase The Hills Have Eyes from my head :eek:.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Domestic Disturbance and Juwanna Mann immediately come to mind.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 17, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.