The Student Room Group

Sperm bank turns down redheads

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tommyjw
I know you are a girl. But i just needed a reason to post another good looking female

:colone:

I was looking at pictures of her to add to this thread!!!
And being female myself doesn't mean I can't appreciate a bit of Karen Gillan :wink:
Reply 81
Original post by js374
Enjoyed the lols from ISA MK2, what a massive steaming prick. I am only actually posting to say that for a night with her I would pretty much sell my soul.

I actually got negged by i'm so academic somewhere in this post. Pretty humorous.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Lol. In your ideal-utopia, that would happen. What's likely to happen? He will achieve A*AA + in his A2 levels (given his AS grades) and if he applies to 5 top 10 universities he will likely get in and finish his degree with a 2:1 or above and get a relatively well-paid job.

the irony of you talking about utopia then going on to say that. nothing in life is promised apart from death.. he's going on as if the place in oxford is gauranteed, boasting about his application.. for all we know he could be lying behind the computer screen, do you know what is destined to happen to him between now his AS exams or even in university?

If life was that easy it would be beautiful but it's not, get off your crystal ball and stop deceiving yourself
"he will likely get in and finish his degree with a 2:1 or above and get a relatively well-paid job"

Even people from oxbridge are unemployed so thats not a certainty
Original post by Tommyjw
I kinda like redheads..

That girl at the back is clearly checking her arse out....
I like redhead guys. There seem to be a lot of sexy redhead ladies on here. But there are also sexy redhead men. :smile: Yum yum...
Original post by TheEssence
the irony of you talking about utopia then going on to say that. nothing in life is promised apart from death.. he's going on as if the place in oxford is gauranteed, boasting about his application.. for all we know he could be lying behind the computer screen, do you know what is destined to happen to him between now his AS exams or even in university?

If life was that easy it would be beautiful but it's not, get off your crystal ball and stop deceiving yourself
"he will likely get in and finish his degree with a 2:1 or above and get a relatively well-paid job"

Even people from oxbridge are unemployed so thats not a certainty

How many people are unemployed? I'm talking about probability here. And I never said oxford. Read gain. This is a student forum, very few people on here lie about their grades. It's common knowledge that people on here are academically strong. And again, probabilities. He could **** it up and get UUU but why would he? Most likely he'll be another statistic and match his AAA+ predictions, I'm not saying he will get A*A*A* just that it's likely he will get A*AA+. This is the reality, be mad all you want. People on here think arrogance will make you a failure it doesn't. If someone is both intelligent and arrogant they'll realize when to be arrogant and when not to be. And being arrogant on here doesn't have any disadvantages. Like I said, in the perfect world arrogance is punished. In reality, it isn't.
Original post by Studentxlol

This is why I'm applying to Oxbridge, and you're at Plymouth :colondollar:

I feel sad that people like you are applying and conforming to the Oxbridge stereotype.

And Plymouth's a relatively good uni, several of my friends go there, thank you.

Furthermore, just because you're predicted A*A*A doesn't make you smart, it makes you academic. There are plenty of geniuses out there who have failed A Levels and dropped out of University who turn out to be some of the most intelligent people around.
How many people are unemployed? I'm talking about probability here. And I never said oxford. Read gain. This is a student forum, very few people on here lie about their grades. It's common knowledge that people on here are academically strong. And again, probabilities. He could **** it up and get UUU but why would he? Most likely he'll be another statistic and match his AAA+ predictions, I'm not saying he will get A*A*A* just that it's likely he will get A*AA+. This is the reality, be mad all you want. People on here think arrogance will make you a failure it doesn't. If someone is both intelligent and arrogant they'll realize when to be arrogant and when not to be. And being arrogant on here doesn't have any disadvantages. Like I said, in the perfect world arrogance is punished. In reality, it isn't.

I'm far from mad where did you get that idea:s-smilie: And you're reality must be very different from mine. You refer to this place as if what goes on here applies to the outside world, go onto some threads and see the amount of people that slipped up, or those who talk of interviewing oxbridge graduates and turn them down because they think too highly of themselves,or those that think they know everything and really know nothing and don't go as far as many would assume.. Of course if he's done well as AS whats stopping him from doing well, but i think you're underestimating the significance of complacency and arrogance in life, that's your view but if things were so simple in life, a lot more people would be successful...
Reply 88
Right, I'm back. Who would have thought that googling "sexy redhead" would be so... interesting... :sexface:
No. Since the OP's original post was to do with a SPERM BANK, her original hair colour is blonde, not a redhead. On a social level, she is a redhead but on a genetic level (which is the level this thread tends towards), she is blonde. Therefore, I am right and you are wrong as she's irrelevent.

This is why I'm applying to Oxbridge, and you're at Plymouth :colondollar:

Its not where you got your degree, its what you do with it. Its easy to attain tools, but its pointless if you don`t use them to their full potential.

Simply put just because you may end up with a degree from Oxford or Cambridge. But if someone out sells you at an interview. Its game over, Oxbridge or no Oxbridge.

You need to take a step back and grow up a bit lad. The world out there is harsher then you know.
hahahahahahahaha that is hilarious
Original post by MusingsOfSmudge
I feel sad that people like you are applying and conforming to the Oxbridge stereotype.

And Plymouth's a relatively good uni, several of my friends go there, thank you.

Furthermore, just because you're predicted A*A*A doesn't make you smart, it makes you academic. There are plenty of geniuses out there who have failed A Levels and dropped out of University who turn out to be some of the most intelligent people around.

Hmm. Interesting.

Like who?
Reply 92
Original post by js374
Right, I'm back. Who would have thought that googling "sexy redhead" would be so... interesting... :sexface:

Safesearch off? :colone:
I'm far from mad where did you get that idea:s-smilie: And you're reality must be very different from mine. You refer to this place as if what goes on here applies to the outside world, go onto some threads and see the amount of people that slipped up, or those who talk of interviewing oxbridge graduates and turn them down because they think too highly of themselves,or those that think they know everything and really know nothing and don't go as far as many would assume.. Of course if he's done well as AS whats stopping him from doing well, but i think you're underestimating the significance of complacency and arrogance in life, that's your view but if things were so simple in life, a lot more people would be successful...

Lol, like I said if someone is dumb enough to think highly off themselves for going to oxbridge in front on a interviewer than yeah they probably wouldn't be looked upon favorably. But, you're assuming being arrogant makes you do dumb **** like that? One can still be arrogant and also rational i.e. knows how to apply and/or convey his arrogance to something more appealing e.g. confidence. I'm simply saying that because someone is arrogant on a student forum doesn't mean he'll be arrogant in real life. Heck, it kinda shows the opposite. A lot of people on here put their grades on their sigs etc etc to show people of their ability. Why? Because it isn't appreciated in real life. They could have gone to a **** state school where they were seen as a nerd and view this place as a outlet for that attention they crave (we all crave attention anyway).
Hmm. Interesting.

Like who?

Bill Gates. Classic example. Dropped out of Harvard.

Maybe you should just apologise now to people that you've annoyed?
Original post by Sam Walters
Its not where you got your degree, its what you do with it. Its easy to attain tools, but its pointless if you don`t use them to their full potential.

Simply put just because you may end up with a degree from Oxford or Cambridge. But if someone out sells you at an interview. Its game over, Oxbridge or no Oxbridge.

You need to take a step back and grow up a bit lad. The world out there is harsher then you know.

I'm sure I'll be safe tucked away at my college in Oxford - if I get accepted that is. I'm pretty confident I will though. :wink:

Oh look! It's the social skills > Academia argument again. Something tells me I should be cowering in fear over what you're saying but ... I'm not!

My social skills are excellent thank you. I have private education to thank for that :colondollar:

Bill Gates. Classic example. Dropped out of Harvard.

Maybe you should just apologise now to people that you've annoyed?

Yeah but he dropped out of Harvard 'cause of his business not 'cause of his grades. He was always smart, he just didn't need harvard anymore. He was taking very advanced courses in his freshman year. How do you think he got into harvard in the first place? He also went to one of the best prep schools in the country. Same with mark zuckerberg. Poor examples. Alan sugar or Richard Branson could be seen as better examples but does owning a successful business make you necessarily intelligent?
(edited 12 years ago)
Lol, like I said if someone is dumb enough to think highly off themselves for going to oxbridge in front on a interviewer than yeah they probably wouldn't be looked upon favorably. But, you're assuming being arrogant makes you do dumb **** like that? One can still be arrogant and also rational i.e. knows how to apply and/or convey his arrogance to something more appealing e.g. confidence. I'm simply saying that because someone is arrogant on a student forum doesn't mean he'll be arrogant in real life. Heck, it kinda shows the opposite. A lot of people on here put their grades on their sigs etc etc to show people of their ability. Why? Because it isn't appreciated in real life. They could have gone to a **** state school where they were seen as a nerd and view this place as a outlet for that attention they crave (we all crave attention anyway).

never said being arrogant makes u automatically dumb, but again thinking you're greater than you really are is to your detriment. also arrogance and confidence are two different things. Yes he may not be in real life, but from his utterances he's most likely to do so, there are very few gloaters on this sight...yh ur right we do crave attention,but if this is how he wants it he's going about it the wrong way
Yeah but he dropped out of Harvard 'cause of his business not 'cause of his grades. He was always smart, he just didn't need harvard anymore. He was taking very advanced courses in his freshman year. How do you think he got into harvard in the first place? He also went to one of the best prep schools in the country. Same with mark zuckerberg. Poor examples. Alan sugar or Richard Branson could be seen as better examples but does owning a successful business make you necessarily intelligent?

Well, OK then, use them if you'd prefer. Either way, just because you've got an A, it doesn't make you smarter than someone who has a C. Grades can differ for a number of reasons: Schooling, parenting, family life, social life, the way the exam is structured!
never said being arrogant makes u automatically dumb, but again thinking you're greater than you really are is to your detriment. also arrogance and confidence are two different things. Yes he may not be in real life, but from his utterances he's most likely to do so, there are very few gloaters on this sight...yh ur right we do crave attention,but if this is how he wants it he's going about it the wrong way

Not really. For example, I'm a law student at Harvard Law School and I have eidetic memory. I view myself as smarter than everyone else. I get hired by X law firm. What do I do? Do I a) act arrogant in front of the associates/partners or b) wait until I reach their level (partner) and then act arrogant and act arrogant in front of my co-workers/friends in the mean time? There are racist who can still become successful. Thinking yourself as smarter than everyone else is a viewpoint. Like thinking non-citizens shouldn't be coming over to your country. It doesn't mean you have to share your viewpoint with everyone.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending