Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trekkie society

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe that a society for us Trekkie nerds is long over-due. Anyone else interested?
    Maybe this is just Star Trek withdrawal symptoms from not having a TV at Uni. I need DVD boxsets people!!!!

Members
    1. Poica
    2. Misst
    3. p00p
    4. Exile
    5. Rahmed
    6. Casey
    7. Ferrus
    8. Pumpkin7
    9. Tritogeneia1
    10. Commander V
    11. Fluent in Lies
    12. Kimi3013
    13. Helzerel
    14. Matt4504
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love treks can I join?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely! (Wow a reply! I was beginning to think I was the only Trekkie on here...)

Favourite captain?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Janeway closely followed by Picard yours?
    fav 2nd in command?

only trekkies??!! :eek: unthinkable!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Janeway :eek: she was annoying as hell!

Picard was truly the best captain.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard,

when it comes to characters though I love the voyager crew 7/9, Tom, Belana Kim and of course the Doctor!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I loved the episode where he took control of the ship
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p-)
    Janeway :eek: she was annoying as hell!

Picard was truly the best captain.
    I just like to see women in positions of Power , she did get annoying towards the end I admit :rolleyes:
    I still havent seen the last 3 Next Gens were waiting for a special time :rolleyes: :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p-)
    I loved the episode where he took control of the ship
    Are you referring to the doctor? If so yes that was great episode "You are just another bully who did'nt know when to stop, Tuvok arm the Photonic Cannon".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Picard was the best captain - I think the captain from Enterprise was the worst...
    Favourite second in command is probably...ummm...Spock - even though I'm not that big a fan of the original series!! I never liked the second in command - Riker was just annoying, did DS9 have a 2nd in command? and Chakotay never seemed to do anything interesting!

Favourite characters have to be Picard, The Doctor, 7 of 9, Data, Worf and Bashir.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, finally here it is! I would love to join, can I?

--------------

(Original post by Poica)
    Picard was the best captain - I think the captain from Enterprise was the worst...
    I agree!

Enterprise had a cold feel to it. The other shows had a sort of family/warmish feeling, dont u think?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmed)
    Well, finally here it is! I would love to join, can I?
    Indeed you may.

Voyager was the best design of a ship though. I hated the whole Enterprise "separate from saucer section" bit - it never worked out properly!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exile)
    Are you referring to the doctor? If so yes that was great episode "You are just another bully who did'nt know when to stop, Tuvok arm the Photonic Cannon".
    Yes, I can't remember any quotes since I was about 11-12 when I watched it. I seem to recall the doctor being very reluctant to release command
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmed)
    I agree!

Enterprise had a cold feel to it. The other shows had a sort of family/warmish feeling, dont u think?
    Yeah - like there was a command structure, but also an underlying liking and respect. Despite attempts to humanise the crew, they all seemed too...military.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Indeed you may.

Voyager was the best design of a ship though. I hated the whole Enterprise "separate from saucer section" bit - it never worked out properly!
    I thought the Defiant was a great addition to DS9. It re-introduced Riker and Worf to the show as main characters I think

Did I just make this up or was there an episode of DS9 where the Defiant joined the Enterprise and a fleet of other ships to fight a Borg cube?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p-)
    I thought the Defiant was a great addition to DS9. I think it re-introduced Riker and Worf to the show?

Did I just make this up or was there an episode of DS9 where the Defiant joined a the Enterprise and a fleet of other ships to fight a Borg cube?
    That was one of the films...Star Trek: First Contact. Good film.

And yeah, the Defiant gave DS9 a good element of movement rather than the "hover in place" tactic of the station...you could actually go into battle with the Defiant!! Not sure about Riker though - Worf was definitely introduced at about the same time as the Defiant though.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Indeed you may.

:ditto: I loved voyagers design
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What kind of things would you like to see in the new shows?

Personally, i dont want them to try anything too new, like enterprise. I just like the older styles especially Voyager. It would be nice to get Picard and the rest of them to make guest star appearences if the main characters change!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me too . Favourite captain was the Doctor from Voyager, favourite second-in-command was similarily from Voyager, Tuvok. And before you jump down my throat people, they were in those positions at some time or another .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish holograms/holodecks were real! Someone needs to get off their arse and invent one!!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 18, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.