The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Am I Good Enough For UCL?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently studying for my AS levels and I would love to apply to study Law With Another Legal System (Australia) at UCL, as I plan to move over to Australia when I've graduated.

I got 4 A*s and 7 As for my GCSEs and I'm doing French, Biology, English Literature and Dance for AS - planning to drop Dance at the end of the year. I'm also taking an extra GCSE in Spanish, AS General Studies and an Extended Project.

I was just wondering whether if I got the grades in my A levels, I would be good enough to go to UCL? As I can't find any other university that does the course, and I really wanted to involve a year abroad to Australia in my degree because I think it would be useful!

I know it's really early to ask this haha, I was just wondering out of interest :biggrin: as I've been told UCL is so hard to get in to

Thanksssss !
xx
you can do an a level in Dance? :zomg:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
naaaaaaaaaaaah.
Well, your grades would obviously be good enough and those three A2s would be fine I would assume. It depends how you are measuring "good enough" really. If you are asking whether or not you will get in the answer is we don't know, if you are asking whether you will have a realistic chance then, assuming the rest of your application is up to scratch, the answer may well be yes.

Ultimately you should just do your vest best and see how you stand after your AS levels. :smile:
Original post by matthew769
you can do an a level in Dance? :zomg:

They offer it at our college. :smile:
Original post by AspiringGenius
They offer it at our college. :smile:

is there a written exam? :K:
But OP yes your GCSEs seem indicative that you will get good AS grades with hard work so just do your best and see where you stand this time next year and best of luck!
is there a written exam? :K:

No, you jump on a computer and tap in the answers.
No, you jump on a computer and tap in the answers.

sarcasm? lol i just mean is it largely practical and if there is a written exam, what do you study?
sarcasm? lol i just mean is it largely practical and if there is a written exam, what do you study?

I study biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature :smile: I'll find out about dance for you though :wink:
ah, with those subjects you must be an aspiring genius! :h:
not hardcore enough for physics though? :wink:
ah, with those subjects you must be an aspiring genius! :h:
not hardcore enough for physics though? :wink:

I was considering physics, but I want a bit of variety in my timetable, plus want to do as well as I can rather than so reading myself too far. If ther were more hours in a day, I would do Physics, but I don't feel comfortable with the time I can give to it (my worst fear is failure :colondollar:)

Anyway Dance:

How do I study the course/training and how will I be assessed?
This is a modular course with 2 units to complete on the AS course and 2 further units on the A2 course. You will be assessed by written paper, practical coursework and practical examination (solo performance and group choreography).
Definitely! I think they'd like your variety of subjects and your GCSEs are really great. Do yourself a favour and don't bother with General Studies though. Top uni's don't care for it and it's a waste of time. Good luck!
I was considering physics, but I want a bit of variety in my timetable, plus want to do as well as I can rather than so reading myself too far. If ther were more hours in a day, I would do Physics, but I don't feel comfortable with the time I can give to it (my worst fear is failure :colondollar:)

Anyway Dance:

Fair enough, I would probably think about killing myself if I had to take English/Lit, definitely not my thing even though I liked some aspects at GCSE. And some unis like to see a bit of variety so you're in a good position!
Hmm :colonhash: doesn't sound very elite.
Fair enough, I would probably think about killing myself if I had to take English/Lit, definitely not my thing even though I liked some aspects at GCSE. And some unis like to see a bit of variety so you're in a good position!
Hmm :colonhash: doesn't sound very elite.

Is that Dance A level or my choice not to do physics?
Is that Dance A level or my choice not to do physics?

Dance haha
You should be fine to be honest if you get straight A's in your AS-levels, have a good statement and reference etc. Dance shouldn't hold you back because you're not using it as part of your three main A-levels. Your other subjects are traditional which they like.
Reply 17
thanks everyone :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending