The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biol4 January 2012 pre- exam discussion

Whos's doing this exam, and how is preparation going?

Scroll to see replies

Shouldn't we have a chance to learn the content before we start preparing? :tongue:
Good so far, already done Photosynthesis & Respiration. Nearly finished with Energy & Ecosystems and Nutrient Cycles
Fini
Completely Finished inheritance,selection and speciation :smile:
Need to finish off Nutrient Cycle & Energy & Ecosystems then do their exam questions
Only got respiration and photosynthesis to finish now, woooo! Should be done with the syllabus in a couple of weeks.

What is everyone using for revision, just exam questions, CGP or something else?
Original post by SpringNicht
Only got respiration and photosynthesis to finish now, woooo! Should be done with the syllabus in a couple of weeks.

What is everyone using for revision, just exam questions, CGP or something else?

After this weekend, I'll have 2 chapters left and Inheritance to self-teach over half term. Really good that we finished early :biggrin: I'm using exam questions as I go along after each topic :smile:
Reply 8
I'm so motivated now thanks :smile: in class only done Populations, ATP, Photosynthesis and Energy and Ecosystems
Reply 9
Anyone got Unit 4 June 2011 paper? I heard grade boundaries were 70% for Grade A :eek:
Reply 10
Finding the pastpapers very difficult atm. The content is nice and simple, but when it comes down the pastpapers, i'm lost for words
Reply 11
Where is everyone up to in terms of the specification in class? We've got the whole of the Inheritance and selection left... as well as Respiration.
Does anyone have the June 2011 Biol4 paper?

Thanks!
Reply 13
finished the topics....need to finish my notes (been bit lazy for bio).....started papers and they seem reasonable :colone:
Reply 14
Guys is the CGP guide enough to revise for Respiration?
Just finished off Inheritance topic on one side, and finished Photosynthesis on the other (we have two teachers, teaching two topics simultaneously), so we're officially done with Unit 4 :biggrin:

For the next 4 or so weeks we'll make a very good start into Unit 5, and then we'll come back to unit 4 in January (exam is like on the 21st?), so we'll have 3ish weeks to revise unit 4 :biggrin:

EDIT: Also, are units 4 and 5 equally weighted, at 140 UMS each?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by thegodofgod
Just finished off Inheritance topic on one side, and finished Photosynthesis on the other (we have two teachers, teaching two topics simultaneously), so we're officially done with Unit 4 :biggrin:

For the next 4 or so weeks we'll make a very good start into Unit 5, and then we'll come back to unit 4 in January (exam is like on the 21st?), so we'll have 3ish weeks to revise unit 4 :biggrin:

EDIT: Also, are units 4 and 5 equally weighted, at 140 UMS each?

Unit 4 - 100 UMS 75 Marks
Unit 5 - 140 UMS 100 Marks

I'm going to start Unit 5 by myself but I also have BIOL2 to revise, ah so much to do!
Original post by LifeIsGood
Unit 4 - 100 UMS 75 Marks
Unit 5 - 140 UMS 100 Marks

I'm going to start Unit 5 by myself but I also have BIOL2 to revise, ah so much to do!

I might be resitting BIOL3X (EMPA) next summer, so will have Units 3,5 and 6 to revise for :cry:
Original post by thegodofgod
I might be resitting BIOL3X (EMPA) next summer, so will have Units 3,5 and 6 to revise for :cry:

I have to redo the ISA aswell! I'm not even doing BIOL4 in January but my teacher needs us to finish it off now properly so we're fully prepared. I want to start BIOL5 after my January exams, so February but that may be too late? :s-smilie:
Original post by LifeIsGood
I have to redo the ISA aswell! I'm not even doing BIOL4 in January but my teacher needs us to finish it off now properly so we're fully prepared. I want to start BIOL5 after my January exams, so February but that may be too late? :s-smilie:

I wouldn't recommend it - it's quite tight as it is starting Unit 5 in January, so leaving it for Feb might be too late :frown:

That's the only reason we're starting Unit 5 in a week's time, to stay ahead of the game :party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending