The Student Room Group

Got a Mature Student Interview. Now what????

Not sure if this goes here, but I have an early interview at my preferred University (which is on the 26th January) and I am getting worried now about what I need to say and put across to make myself 'look good'.

I am hopefully taking Law and I know bugger all about Law as an academic subject. I think I know sufficient amounts at the moment for my chosen paths in Law.

But when they ask me the inevitable question about why I have chosen to study Law, I have no idea what my response is going to be. I don't know what attracts me to Law, I just am, and have been all my life. So my problem is that I don't know how to sell myself as a potential Law student when all I can think about is that I am going to sound like an uneducated fool. Shall I just lie and make something up. And If I am to do that, then what shall I say.

I will have to write an essay, which I am sure I will pass with flying colours. It's the not sounding like a prat in the interview that I am worried about. If you can understand my question here, please help. :redface:
socialbunny20
Not sure if this goes here, but I have an early interview at my preferred University (which is on the 26th January) and I am getting worried now about what I need to say and put across to make myself 'look good'.

I am hopefully taking Law and I know bugger all about Law as an academic subject. I think I know sufficient amounts at the moment for my chosen paths in Law.

But when they ask me the inevitable question about why I have chosen to study Law, I have no idea what my response is going to be. I don't know what attracts me to Law, I just am, and have been all my life. So my problem is that I don't know how to sell myself as a potential Law student when all I can think about is that I am going to sound like an uneducated fool. Shall I just lie and make something up. And If I am to do that, then what shall I say.

I will have to write an essay, which I am sure I will pass with flying colours. It's the not sounding like a prat in the interview that I am worried about. If you can understand my question here, please help. :redface:

Congratulations on the interview :biggrin:

Presumably you applied via UCAS in which case your personal statement would have covered why you want to do law, so if anything just build on that and reiterate that as a mature student you feel you're ready to handle the course and give it the attention it deserves now. The interview is a good sign - trust me :wink:

I had one last year before I was offered my place as a mature student although I was a bit miffed that it turned out to be a group essay writing session with the other mature applicants after I'd practised all my "why I want to go to university routine" :eek: We just had to write an essay on a random subject, to prove our English and grammar skills etc were up to the demands of the course.

If you have any other questions PM me. Good luck :biggrin:

TnV

Latest

Trending

Trending