The Student Room Group

Paedophile's park ban lifted by judge because of his human right to keep fit Read mo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Einheri
I think the only right a convicted paedophile should have is the right to die, preferably "given" to them with a bullet. This is, quite frankly, ridiculous; you don't need a park to exercise - you don't even need to leave your own house.

Yeah how can anyone exercise in the park here when it's raining most of the time?
Reply 21
I agree parents should be able to take care of their kids, but i dunno , i just personally would not be comfortable with a paedophile in my neighbourhood let alone in teh same park as me and my child..
Reply 22
Liberals :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Einheri
I think the only right a convicted paedophile should have is the right to die, preferably "given" to them with a bullet. This is, quite frankly, ridiculous; you don't need a park to exercise - you don't even need to leave your own house.

The park bit is simply something the Daily Mail has picked up on to sensationalise. The restrictions placed on this man were far greater than that - preventing him from membership of leisure or sports clubs and basically any such recreational activities. The court re-examined the limitations and relaxed them where they were found to be unjustifiable. That relaxation just so happened to include (very restricted) access to parks.
Reply 24
I'm getting tired of this human rights bull****. It seems to benefit criminals and criminals only. Never have I heard of "95 year old Sue at X Nhs hospital is finally recieving decent food due to human rights" only "mass murdering pedophile allowed to have a gun on him at all times due to human rights"
Reply 25
Original post by fwed1
I'm getting tired of this human rights bull****. It seems to benefit criminals and criminals only. Never have I heard of "95 year old Sue at X Nhs hospital is finally recieving decent food due to human rights" only "mass murdering pedophile allowed to have a gun on him at all times due to human rights"

me too, it's law abiding citizens that are suffering, people are entitled to mistakes, but paedophilia is much more than a mistake
Reply 26
Original post by fwed1
I'm getting tired of this human rights bull****. It seems to benefit criminals and criminals only.

Naturally people in the care of the state or who have enhanced contact with the state are going to be more at risk from actions of the state violating their rights. It really doesn't take a genius to work out that it's an inherently biased sample.

Original post by TheEssence
me too, it's law abiding citizens that are suffering, people are entitled to mistakes, but paedophilia is much more than a mistake

Well, duh. The point, however, is that the prohibitions on his movements were disproportionate to the risk involved and the ability for him to live as normal a life as possible as a free person. That's why they were amended. Sex Offenders' Orders are supposed to stand up to rational analysis, not simply serve as a punishment: but of course, do anything which is perceived as helping a convicted sex offender, no matter how rational, and stupid people will castigate you. Thank God for an independent and relatively clever judiciary.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well, he is out of prison and they can't keep a 24/7 watch on him. If he was determined to go and watch kids he could just go to a housing estate or something and sit in his car and watch them play in the street. I think it's a reasonable decision to let him in the park during term time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28

I think this is despicable...fair enough it's in school hours and not on weekends,but what about little children with their parents in the park at that time...What do you think

Discuss :holmes:

What are you suggesting? That this guy is going to try and have sex with the little children with the parents there watching? :lolwut: Sounds a bit far fetched...
Reply 29
Original post by Deema
I don't understand why he has to do so in a park. Why can't he exercise by jogging on the main road? Or on a random path? Or get a gym membership? He shouldn't be anywhere near children.

Why not? He has served his time. Paid back his debt to society. He hasn't touched a child in over 15 years.

Would you ban someone from shops and supermarkets permanently for life, who shoplifted once when they were 15 when they had already paid 15 years worth of debt to society and are in their 30s?

Punishing him further is just going to alienate him from society, probably making him more likely to commit more crime.
Reply 30
Original post by fwed1

:facepalm:

Maybe that's because you read the Daily Mail too much? And forget to take it with a pinch of salt like everyone else?

Good news is hardly ever reported, human rights exists for the benefit of all humans and can be listed as one of the greatest achievements of mankind.
Reply 31
Original post by Stefan1991
:facepalm:

Maybe that's because you read the Daily Mail too much? And forget to take it with a pinch of salt like everyone else?

Good news is hardly ever reported, human rights exists for the benefit of all humans and can be listed as one of the greatest achievements of mankind.

What I do hear about in the news is old peope dying or being abused in nursing homes and hospitals due to lack of facilities/training at the same time as hearing prisoners NEED sky sports as part of their human rights.
Human rights always go too far. People are getting Sky because freedom of information is a human right. People can't get evicted if they don't pay rent because housing is a human right. Where will it end?
Reply 33
What are you suggesting? That this guy is going to try and have sex with the little children with the parents there watching? :lolwut: Sounds a bit far fetched...

would you feel comfortable living in a neighbourhood with a paedo with your children, let alone in the same park
Reply 34
Original post by L i b

Well, duh. The point, however, is that the prohibitions on his movements were disproportionate to the risk involved and the ability for him to live as normal a life as possible as a free person. That's why they were amended. Sex Offenders' Orders are supposed to stand up to rational analysis, not simply serve as a punishment: but of course, do anything which is perceived as helping a convicted sex offender, no matter how rational, and stupid people will castigate you. Thank God for an independent and relatively clever judiciary.

Everyone should have the right to a normal right but he threw that out of the window when he committed the heinous act of molestation.. of course the objective of the state is to phase him back into society, but with the atrocity he has committed that's near impossible, the stigma will always remain..
Reply 35
would you feel comfortable living in a neighbourhood with a paedo with your children, let alone in the same park

Yeah of course, I don't discriminate against people purely on their sexual preference.

Do you? :lolwut:
Reply 36
Yeah of course, I don't discriminate against people purely on their sexual preference.

Do you? :lolwut:

That's not a sexual preference more a sexual illness
Reply 37
That's not a sexual preference more a sexual illness

How is it an "illness"? :confused:
Reply 38
How is it an "illness"? :confused:

do you think any normal person would be a paedo? i seriously think you're trolling
Reply 39
do you think any normal person would be a paedo? i seriously think you're trolling

Nice avoiding the question. How is it an illness? Illness is a subjective perception.

"Do you think any normal person would be a paedo"
What is that even meant to mean?:confused:

Are you in the possession of any brain cells by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending