The Student Room Group

would this be okay to wear to a house party *Updated with pictures*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubixcyoob
I have two tattoos and as of Saturday I will have 7 piercings ...

But you don't have the look, bbgirl.
I don't think this is too dressy, it's the kind of thing I would wear to be casual apart from the heels haha. :rolleyes:

You could just do what I always do and arrive wearing that, then have backup clothes in your bag. A cardigan and black tights would dress it down, or long socks :smile:

And I wouldn't worry about shoes, at the majority of house parties I've been at people kick their shoes off at the door and wander around barefoot.
Reply 42
I know it sounds like a stupid question but I cannot remember the last house 'party' I went to. I am either out in clubs, or just with two or three friends in a house - not a 'party'.

I'm going with my friend but apart from her I barely know anyone (bar brief chats with the host on one other boy over a year ago, as they are my friend's friends). She said most te guys would be in jeans and plain/band tshirts with a few 'topman' clones floating around.
The girls would probably be smart casual.

So I was thinking of this:
- dark red high-waisted shorts with three gold buttons on each side.
- a white kurt cobain tshirt I cut to off the shoulder style. Kurt cobain is smoking on it. Tucked into the shorts.
- plain black court heels ( I will be staying over so can have flats handy also).
- gold/black bangles

Makeup wise I was going with either black gel eyeliner with red/dark wine lips or a smokey eye with pale lips.

So, how would you view someone in that outfit? Too little, too much, childish etc. Etc.

Once I get a minute I'll fling everything together and update with pictures of the makeup and outfit.

Pictures - only done the eyeliner and dark lips as it's the one I am most leaning towards, sorry it's shocking quality as well.

Original post by DontJudge
So from the pictures i'm assuming it's a fancy dress party ?

Yeah its a dress like a dick party. I take my inspiration from you.
Hm, I didn't realise people actually had so little time they decided to just be rude to people for no reason.

I am asking because, as stated, I normally only go out out, or end up drinking with a few friends, watching movies.
I also have only met two of the people going, bar my friend, so I have no clue what the others will be wearing at all and therefore I wouldn't like to be underdressed, as it is easier to downplay an outfit than trying to make a hoodie and jeans look smarter.

My friend also said that while the boys don't care, the girls do care. Not as much as they would be if it were a club, but more than just hoodies and jeans.

Also, to me a ripped tshirt and shorts is hardly dressed up. I find it in the middle of dressed up and casual. I would never wear shorts out to a club for that very reason, which is why I am considering them.

Plus, I would just like general feedback on the outfit as a whole. Sometimes what one person thinks works can look very very different to everyone else.

who's being rude? I was being genuine. jesus. I meant it in a sort of "don't worry about it" way.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
its a nice outfit but i wouldn't wear heels
Reply 46

.girl you seriously need some lessons of those kind of come backs. Because that was the worst yet. As well as the dress sense. Plus what the hell, you ask for opinion yet, you can't take any. I'm giving you the most upfrontest advice ever. Instead of sugar coating words. You need to decrease the foundation. And stop wearing dark and blood like clothes. Unless you like them, and it's your style. But if you're trying to be something your not, then don't go there. And if you do be confident wearing it ! :biggrin:
Reply 47
It's a nice outfit, you can wear that to the house party :smile:
Reply 48
On a slightly unrelated topic...You're really hot.
Reply 49

Here, I think you should wear this :wink:

Reply 50
i think you look great babe i really like your dress sense :smile: go for it!
I've been to a few house parties with friends and it really does vary from dressy to casual but I would totally wear what you have picked out,it looks nice :smile: I would wear it myself :P Where did you get the shorts if you don't mind my asking? Love the colour of them.
Reply 52
Damn Rubixcyoob

I would love to play with you.

You don't need to wear anything to my House Party.
Thanks everyone :smile:
And to that douche, upfrontest isn't a word and I have no foundation on there :wink:
Original post by OddThings
I've been to a few house parties with friends and it really does vary from dressy to casual but I would totally wear what you have picked out,it looks nice :smile: I would wear it myself :P Where did you get the shorts if you don't mind my asking? Love the colour of them.

Actually got them from Primark for £10 lol.
I don't wear shorts a lot so for the price it was worth it for me.

However, new look and miss selfridges have similar ones.
Doesn't this massively depend on who's houseparty you're going to?
Reply 56
just wear something.................

ahh women :rolleyes: x
Love the shorts!
Actually got them from Primark for £10 lol.
I don't wear shorts a lot so for the price it was worth it for me.

However, new look and miss selfridges have similar ones.

Original post by SwingOnTheSpiral88
who's being rude? I was being genuine. jesus. I meant it in a sort of "don't worry about it" way.

Sorry, I thought you meant it in a more sarcastic way.

It's hard to tell the difference over a laptop screen :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest