Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 52 followers

Welcome to Kent everyone! :woo: I know I'm shattered having helped you lot move in! :p: Have a great week
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How do i join societies in Canterbury?? HELP!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spun29)
    Societies Fayre on thursday
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spun29)
    (Original post by Maccabees)
    Societies Fayre on thursday
    The Societies Fayre (and then the Sports and Volunteering Fayre on Friday) will have stalls for all of the different societies and give you information about them, so you can take a look at what you're interested in and so on (and find societies you never knew existed... I've been told there's a Quidditch society this year), and join mailing lists but then you actually join them either online (on the Kent Union website) or in Mandela, as you have to pay to join most societies (all volunteering is free though), and committee members aren't supposed to handle money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River Shadow)
    The Societies Fayre (and then the Sports and Volunteering Fayre on Friday) will have stalls for all of the different societies and give you information about them, so you can take a look at what you're interested in and so on (and find societies you never knew existed... I've been told there's a Quidditch society this year), and join mailing lists but then you actually join them either online (on the Kent Union website) or in Mandela, as you have to pay to join most societies (all volunteering is free though), and committee members aren't supposed to handle money.
    Where is the fayre btw?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccabees)
    Where is the fayre btw?
    Eliot Car Park. Go down the stairs outside Eliot and you're right there. There may be stuff in the Plaza as well (there was last year), which is just a massive tent between Marlowe and the shops.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    where is the nearest washing machine to darwin?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsdave)
    where is the nearest washing machine to darwin?
    In Darwin College? Go right by Darwin Reception (as you face the lecture theatres), and go through the door signposted 'Missing Link' (before the doors into the conference area - it's barely a turn). *I think* (having to remember back three months here) you follow the corridor (it goes through some doors) until you get to the outside door leading to some of the Darwin College blocks, and walk past the blocks until you get to the end. On the left, down some stairs, is the laundrette. I hope this makes sense - relying on memory from last year when the side door which I usually went through (I lived in Darwin Houses) was locked, so I don't know the route through the college that well.

You can check there are washing machines available here: http://www.laundryview.com/lvs.php?s=731. You can select the relevant laundry room and see which washing machines and tumble dryers are free, and also how long they've got left to run. Very useful!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi any Architecture Freshers, check the welcome week timetable as its changed slightly :-) find it on the student transition for Architecture on Moodle :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 52 followers

(Original post by River Shadow)
    Eliot Car Park. Go down the stairs outside Eliot and you're right there. There may be stuff in the Plaza as well (there was last year), which is just a massive tent between Marlowe and the shops.
    Not this year (for various reasons). :rant:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Not this year (for various reasons). :rant:
    Ah OK. I suppose there's still building work going on by Jarman and Marlowe isn't there?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrspriesty)
    Hi any Architecture Freshers, check the welcome week timetable as its changed slightly :-) find it on the student transition for Architecture on Moodle :-)

Thanks, but I just arrived yesterday, and haven't attend any meeting of Archi
    could u tell me sth about it?

Althea
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    where is the sports club event on friday?
    • 91 followers

(Original post by Redd9)
    where is the sports club event on friday?
    In Eliot Car park, the same as the Society fayre on Thursday
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi Althea,

There are more events tomorrow such as a Library introduction and a moodle training session. Depending on your group will depend on what time your training session is so I'd go to the Marlowe building in the morning and speak to Kendall in the office. She will be able to help you. The lectures we received basically introduced us to the course and told us what to expect. Monday you need to bring in your shoebox and shelter project and also paints, or colouring materials as we have art.

Think that's all :-)

Take care

Paula

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    guys what time is the societies fair? I hope i didnt miss it already
    • 91 followers

(Original post by Redd9)
    guys what time is the societies fair? I hope i didnt miss it already
    1pm, Eliot car park
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just wondering when we pay for society membership, where and when do we collect the membership cards, as no indication is given??

Thanks
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello:D)
    Hey

Just wondering when we pay for society membership, where and when do we collect the membership cards, as no indication is given??

Thanks
    You can pay for membership at any time, either online on the Kent Union website, or in the Mandela Building. You don't get membership cards, but the committees get given a membership list.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrspriesty)
    Hi Althea,

There are more events tomorrow such as a Library introduction and a moodle training session. Depending on your group will depend on what time your training session is so I'd go to the Marlowe building in the morning and speak to Kendall in the office. She will be able to help you. The lectures we received basically introduced us to the course and told us what to expect. Monday you need to bring in your shoebox and shelter project and also paints, or colouring materials as we have art.

Think that's all :-)

Take care

Paula

Thanks, and I attened the group4 workshop introduction yesterday~
    I will join the moodle one today but I affraid that I will be absent in library session~

Could I bring sth like watercolor or Acrylic paint on Monday~?

Many thanks again,
    Althea

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 20, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.