The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I'm either going to go for Kent or Glasgow - though I'm really not sure which one to pick! So will jump on board until I make my mind up (which has to be soon!) :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Alas, poor Yorick
Hi guys, I'm either going to go for Kent or Glasgow - though I'm really not sure which one to pick! So will jump on board until I make my mind up (which has to be soon!) :biggrin:

Hi ^^
What are you applying for?
Reply 42
Heya, I'm applying for English and American studies at Kent! Attended an Open Day and it seemed pretty nice campus, and loved the course :biggrin:
I'm applying for a second year transfer into Psychology! Scary

What are you studying atm? And are you studying at Kent already? :smile:
This brings back memories from last year! Feel free to ask me anything (although I've only been here a couple of weeks :tongue:)
Reply 45
Original post by jaydemikaela
This brings back memories from last year! Feel free to ask me anything (although I've only been here a couple of weeks :tongue:)

:biggrin: I want to avoid living in the 'party halls' which are they?
And is park wood really the long walk that everyone describes it as? I went to the open day I didn't think it was that bad but we were strolling and talking and not carrying a lot of stuff (;
Original post by Onique
And is park wood really the long walk that everyone describes it as? I went to the open day I didn't think it was that bad but we were strolling and talking and not carrying a lot of stuff (;

I think it depends more on who you live with rather than where you live. But I've been told that there's always a house party in Parkwood!

I don't think it's that far away tbh. I accidently went there when I was trying to find the business school and it didn't take long.
Original post by Onique

Avoid the party halls! University parties are the best parties! :biggrin: (I live right next to my local uni) :wink:
Reply 48
Original post by jaydemikaela
I think it depends more on who you live with rather than where you live. But I've been told that there's always a house party in Parkwood!
I don't think it's that far away tbh. I accidently went there when I was trying to find the business school and it didn't take long.

Parkwood does seem like the place to have a party xD
I kind of liked parkwood the most ^^ but if it's party central =/
Thank You! - I have more question, I just can't remember them -_-

Original post by LastHype
Avoid the party halls! University parties are the best parties! :biggrin: (I live right next to my local uni) :wink:

Haha, I'll be going to the parties I'd just rather not be working and have loud music playing near by xD
Reply 49
I think there are more parties in the Parkwood houses than the Parkwood flats.
Original post by Onique
Parkwood does seem like the place to have a party xD
I kind of liked parkwood the most ^^ but if it's party central =/
Thank You! - I have more question, I just can't remember them -_-

Feel free to ask me any more when you remember :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Onique

Pssht. Parkwood isn't that bad. I live in the central court [Grimshill]. If you want to find a house party you can, but generally it's not that bad, although I suppose it depends who you live with. I've had random people in my kitchen but somebody I know has always known who they are ;3. The best way to avoid your house being the party house is just to live in a 5 man house/not have the 6 room house with the big kitchen.

The distance depends what you're doing. I study law, meaning I have to walk to Woolf most days. It's not the most fun walk really - 15 minutes at a general decent rate, longer if i'm strolling. Shortest I've done it in is 12 minutes I think.
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Kent, however I have been told by loads of people that the student experience itself is pretty dull! I went to the open day, and I admit it is a very nice place, however it is basically isolated and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the whole nightlife/student experience?
Reply 53
Original post by TonyH663
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Kent, however I have been told by loads of people that the student experience itself is pretty dull! I went to the open day, and I admit it is a very nice place, however it is basically isolated and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the whole nightlife/student experience?

It's as dull as you make it is the best I can say..? Canterbury town has student nights quite frequently (or at least Club Chemistry keep trying to get me to go to something..) the Venue/attic are generally pretty packed Fri-Sun and it's not hard to have people round a house for drinks.
Reply 54
Original post by Blazara
The distance depends what you're doing. I study law, meaning I have to walk to Woolf most days. It's not the most fun walk really - 15 minutes at a general decent rate, longer if i'm strolling. Shortest I've done it in is 12 minutes I think.

15 mins -_- that's quite a bit, specially if I have a portfolio and huge stuff/models. But it can't be as bad as my walk home now (: Thanks!
Reply 55
Original post by Onique
15 mins -_- that's quite a bit, specially if I have a portfolio and huge stuff/models. But it can't be as bad as my walk home now (: Thanks!

No probleem. It's unlikely to be 15 mins for you unless law is what you want and you get parkwood? :tongue:
Reply 56
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying for Electronic and Communications Engineering at Kent :smile:
Reply 57
I'm applying for economics!
Applying for Computer Science
Reply 59
Is Parkwood the party accommodation then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending