Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ochy)
    Is Parkwood the party accommodation then?
    I'm guessing there's more parties there than anywhere else ^^
    It's slightly away from main campus and is like a 'house' so parties are 'easier' to do there (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onique)
    I'm guessing there's more parties there than anywhere else ^^
    It's slightly away from main campus and is like a 'house' so parties are 'easier' to do there (:
    That's good to know, cheers. Do you know if the Venue is any good
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ochy)
    That's good to know, cheers. Do you know if the Venue is any good
    I'm still an applicant. So I don't sorry, but it looked quite nice on open day.. nice and modern (;
    • 47 followers

This thread makes me feel old.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    This thread makes me feel old.
    Haha, did you study at Kent?
    • 47 followers

Haha, did you study at Kent?
    I'm currently in my second year but when you guys start, I'll be starting my third and final year :afraid:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my second year but when you guys start, I'll be starting my third and final year :afraid:
    :afraid: You are ancient!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey,how would you say this uni is for accounting and finance?
    Would you say its a good choice?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tannu123)
    Hey,how would you say this uni is for accounting and finance?
    Would you say its a good choice?
    I've just started my first year of accounting and finance at Kent so I'm happy to answer any questions you have
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Parkwood houses are literally always having parties. It's got to the point where if I can't hear something going on at night I suspect nuclear bombs have been detonated around the place but it was awesome for meeting people in freshers. I'm in the flats (ground floor, facing in to the 'courtyard' bit) and we have a few parties but as the houses open right out onto the paths they're mostly there. Flat parties require two doors to be held open by something/one and it's a bit of a pain. House parties are also dead handy if you happen to be bursting for the loo on the way back from Venue or somewhere and need to make a quick dash as I've found on multiple occasions. Bless Purchas Court and it's bathrooms.

Venue is also really good, cheap Jagerbombs before 11pm and free entry before 10! Pre-drink and you're good to go.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NormalsWeird)
    Parkwood houses are literally always having parties. It's got to the point where if I can't hear something going on at night I suspect nuclear bombs have been detonated around the place but it was awesome for meeting people in freshers. I'm in the flats (ground floor, facing in to the 'courtyard' bit) and we have a few parties but as the houses open right out onto the paths they're mostly there. Flat parties require two doors to be held open by something/one and it's a bit of a pain. House parties are also dead handy if you happen to be bursting for the loo on the way back from Venue or somewhere and need to make a quick dash as I've found on multiple occasions. Bless Purchas Court and it's bathrooms.

Venue is also really good, cheap Jagerbombs before 11pm and free entry before 10! Pre-drink and you're good to go.
    Sweet, no doubt in my mind where I wanna go know
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ochy)
    Sweet, no doubt in my mind where I wanna go know
    Haha xD Parties at yours in freshers then?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shwoop
    What're you defining as "parties"? I'm living on the central court (grimshill) and there's no real 'house parties' that I can hear - just jovial gatherings
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eliot parties ftw.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazara)
    What're you defining as "parties"? I'm living on the central court (grimshill) and there's no real 'house parties' that I can hear - just jovial gatherings
    Oh gosh I feel judged! Jokes jokes - well I'm from Bath so my definition of 'party' is probably a little more staid than most generally it's the jovial gatherings but some have been pretty big and I've been to more than a few where they've pumped out some music pretty loud. Lots of alcohol as well.

Which, come to think of it, may have been responsible for my perception of the party atmosphere...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh I feel judged! Jokes jokes - well I'm from Bath so my definition of 'party' is probably a little more staid than most generally it's the jovial gatherings but some have been pretty big and I've been to more than a few where they've pumped out some music pretty loud. Lots of alcohol as well.

Which, come to think of it, may have been responsible for my perception of the party atmosphere...
    Ahha, no judgement - just curios. We've got 2 wanna be DJs on the court, so they've been known to blast music - shame they're douchey 'lad' types :P. I know that gatherings happen a lot, usually the pre-drinking occurs in my kitchen (which makes no sense as it's 5 room) while I'm being a shut in and doing law seminar work :[.

I'm from the Isle of Wight, I didn't even know what a party was ;D
    • 47 followers

There are 'parties' all over campus tbh. Ranging from people drinking loudly in halls/houses to big gatherings in halls/houses with plenty of loud music etc and muchos people drinking :p: There's not like oen every night though So going by this, as Parkwood is the biggest accommodation in the sense of so many people live there and the fact they're mini houses, means it's easiest to hold one there, so you're probably more likely to find one there :yes:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (:

(Original post by Blazara)
    (:

(:
    Got the scary email saying my Ref had sent my App off today!
    Can either of you remember how long it took to receive an offer/acknowledgement from Kent?
    Thank you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for actuarial science, just waiting on my reference.

Did anyone else think Kents accomodation was quite expensive? I can only afford the shared bathrooms, which are still more than the en-suite I viewed at UEA....I only looked at the cheapest lot at Kent though and it was actually really nice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got the scary email saying my Ref had sent my App off today!
    Can either of you remember how long it took to receive an offer/acknowledgement from Kent?
    Thank you!
    I applied on December 1st and I'm pretty sure I found out in January - but this is still pretty early to apply so it might be sooner for you. I don't think I got an acknowledgement from Kent but they usually come through within a few days/a week. Good luck! What do you want to study?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 20, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.