The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CloClo7
I went in September, and it was lovely then...heading down in February as well for the more specific open day and just to make my final decision.

Where else did you apply? I sortof wish I'd applied for LSE, even though I had no intention of going there (don't want to go to London), but just wanted to see if I'd get in! :smile: What are your gcses/ASs/predicteds? Being nosey now :tongue:

And I have, gone for Darwin Houses, Park Wood (both shared bathrooms) and Darwin College - basically the cheapest ones :rolleyes: You?

Yeah I would love to go again, when is the next one? Yeah i'm not sure whether I want to live in London mainly due to the price, but as it has such a good prestiege it's a tough choice.

GCSE's - 6A*'s, 2A's, 4B's
AS - 2A's, B,C but i'm retaking the B and C I completely messed the C up and the B is like two marks off an A
Predicted - A*,A,A,a
You?

I can't remember the names if i'm honest and I can't view the ones i applied for :/ all i remember are the prices.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 881
Original post by Onique
That has made me want keynes xD
Is is a lot more (cost wise?)
I know what you mean with the warming lark xD It didn't seem that long on the open day but probably because I was with my mum so were talking ^^

Maybe I'll see you at Kent then ^^
Have you decided which accommodation yet?

I have started an Architecture 2012 Applicants stalking page so feel free to add your info and tell other people

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Architecture_2012_Applicants_Stalking_Page
Applied for Politics and Philosophy, got an offer for ABB :smile: Anyone else applied for similar courses?
Reply 883
Original post by vaishali192
Applied for Politics and Philosophy, got an offer for ABB :smile: Anyone else applied for similar courses?

conflict, peace and security... same school :biggrin:
Reply 884
Yayy Got my offer for criminology and sociology a few days back! so happy! :smile:
Reply 885
Original post by einstein123
Nice one, just to ask do they consider MMATH candidates separetly from Bsc Maths candidates or do they consider maths as a whole?

I've got no clue I'm afraid, at a guess they'd consider seperately, but maybe slot some MMATH candidates down to the Bsc if they weren't quite what they were looking for :confused:
Original post by JordanPartington
Yeah I would love to go again, when is the next one? Yeah i'm not sure whether I want to live in London mainly due to the price, but as it has such a good prestiege it's a tough choice.

GCSE's - 6A*'s, 2A's, 4B's
AS - 2A's, B,C but i'm retaking the B and C I completely messed the C up and the B is like two marks off an A
Predicted - A*,A,A,a
You?

I can't remember the names if i'm honest and I can't view the ones i applied for :/ all i remember are the prices.

I'm going on the 25th Feb, there was one in December that I was booked on but had to cancel due to illness. I think there's one either in March or January as well. Its in the mathematics department, they sent a letter about it :smile:

GCSEs were 3A*s, 8As, and 2Bs, and AS were AAAAA. Had what would have been special circumstances with both if I'd have informed the school (particulaly AS) but didn't really want them knowing what was going on :') Predicted A*A*AA :smile:

Shame Kent accomodation seems so expensive compared to other places, I'd have loved Keynes (just not the double bed) :tongue:
Reply 886
Original post by LauraMial
ahah xD well.. it is a little bit more expensive than park wood and the townhouses, it's £5,353.53 per annum, but it's the same of tyler court B&C and seems to be quite better :P in fact i've put the first two choices ensuite self catering, and my third one is again keynes - this time townhouse, and finally darwin townhouse. I really want to end up in keynes flats T.T

it didn't seem too long probably because you were talking, it was a nice warm day (the weather during the open day I attended was fantastic) and you weren't in a rush. The thing is, I am always late - like ALWAYS ALWAYS LOL - I can't imagine running in the morning with books and other heavy stuff under the rain/snow.. :-p

I don't think I could cope without an ensuite ;-; I want Keynes nowww dahhh. So persuasive you are xD
I can't imagine myself running either xD looks like Parkwood is off the list!

Original post by npaul4
I have started an Architecture 2012 Applicants stalking page so feel free to add your info and tell other people

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Architecture_2012_Applicants_Stalking_Page

Thankyouu c: Added more info to it!
Reply 887
Original post by Onique
I don't think I could cope without an ensuite ;-; I want Keynes nowww dahhh. So persuasive you are xD

haha who knows, we might become flatmates! LOL have you applied now? they also ask you which types of music you listen to haha
Reply 888
Original post by Onique

Thankyouu c: Added more info to it!

That's brilliant thanks :biggrin:
Reply 889
haha who knows, we might become flatmates! LOL have you applied now? they also ask you which types of music you listen to haha

THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!
Type of music? O_O
I don't know.. I listen to EVERYTHING except metal... and that screamy stuff. I'd hate to be in a flat with someone who played that all the time ;-; (I hope you don't?)
Reply 890
Is anyone doing Social anth?!
Reply 891
Original post by kmriley
Is anyone doing Social anth?!

meeeeeee
Reply 892
Original post by Onique
THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!
Type of music? O_O
I don't know.. I listen to EVERYTHING except metal... and that screamy stuff. I'd hate to be in a flat with someone who played that all the time ;-; (I hope you don't?)

i just used to like a couple of songs, but now i'm into pop, jazz, soft rock...pretty much every kind xD it really depends on my mood! here is the summary of my application :P

1. I tend to study frequently Yes
2. I am generally an outgoing person Yes
3. I am actively involved in sports Yes
4. I prefer a quiet study environment No Preference
5. I consider myself a tidy person Yes
6. I consider myself a morning person No

Your favourite types of music:
Music Preference 1 R&B
Music Preference 2 Jazz
Music Preference 3 Soft Rock

you already know my accommodation choices :P
can't wait to go, I can't bear school anymore T.T
Reply 893
Original post by monicaa
meeeeeee

which one are you doing! Im going for the one with a year in Denmark! :biggrin:
Reply 894
Original post by kmriley
which one are you doing! Im going for the one with a year in Denmark! :biggrin:

:biggrin: cool! Well, my offer is for just Social Anthropology cos i thought the year abroad one needed higher grades. but it doesn't. so, i'm going to try and see if I can do the year in Japan :biggrin:
I'll ask when I visit! do you reckon they would, if they've already given me an offer?
Reply 895
Original post by monicaa
:biggrin: cool! Well, my offer is for just Social Anthropology cos i thought the year abroad one needed higher grades. but it doesn't. so, i'm going to try and see if I can do the year in Japan :biggrin:
I'll ask when I visit! do you reckon they would, if they've already given me an offer?

Yeah I actually do, if they have already accepted you for the same subject then it shouldnt be a problem unless its full! I never got to the open day but im going down to look around kent again (ive been a few times before).
Reply 896
i just used to like a couple of songs, but now i'm into pop, jazz, soft rock...pretty much every kind xD it really depends on my mood! here is the summary of my application :P

1. I tend to study frequently Yes
2. I am generally an outgoing person Yes
3. I am actively involved in sports Yes
4. I prefer a quiet study environment No Preference
5. I consider myself a tidy person Yes
6. I consider myself a morning person No

Your favourite types of music:
Music Preference 1 R&B
Music Preference 2 Jazz
Music Preference 3 Soft Rock

you already know my accommodation choices :P
can't wait to go, I can't bear school anymore T.T

I think I'm going to wait until after my Ucas day to choose ^^
Do you think they give priority to early people?

I'm going to have the same as you except Sports. I hate sports.
And my Music I think Will be R&B, Soul, Jazz c: Cause they are things I can bare to listen to in large amounts!

Hahah, me to. I've been ready for uni side september. All my friends are panicking about it and I'm just really excited ^^
Original post by Onique
Hahah, me to. I've been ready for uni side september. All my friends are panicking about it and I'm just really excited ^^

I actually cannot wait for uni :smile:
Reply 898
Original post by Onique
I think I'm going to wait until after my Ucas day to choose ^^
Do you think they give priority to early people?

I'm going to have the same as you except Sports. I hate sports.
And my Music I think Will be R&B, Soul, Jazz c: Cause they are things I can bare to listen to in large amounts!

I wanted to attend the UCAS day, but for international students they have crazy days, it's not even on a weekend :s-smilie: but it's going to be my firm, so I'll survive that :P I've read they do give priority to early people, but the good thing is that you don't have to put it as your firm or insurance BEFORE you apply for accommodation. The important thing is actually APPLYING and then decide...

I like sports (although I really don't have time to practice any at the mo..in italy, if you want to succeed your studies, you can't practice anything :s-smilie:), but i'm mostly into dance. in fact, i'd love to join the kent falconettes (cheerleaders squad) despite the fact i don't have a background in gymnastics LOL

the music choice was way too hard: you have to choose between like 15-20 genres o.O but I guess it is a way to see which people are likely to get along well :P
honestly, I think i will join more societies than I could possibly be part of. i'm just toooo excited *__* I've always dreamed of being in an anglo-saxon uni, and it looks like it is finally going to happen *__*
Reply 899
Original post by JordanPartington
I actually cannot wait for uni :smile:

My friends are just weird xD

I wanted to attend the UCAS day, but for international students they have crazy days, it's not even on a weekend :s-smilie: but it's going to be my firm, so I'll survive that :P I've read they do give priority to early people, but the good thing is that you don't have to put it as your firm or insurance BEFORE you apply for accommodation. The important thing is actually APPLYING and then decide...

I like sports (although I really don't have time to practice any at the mo..in italy, if you want to succeed your studies, you can't practice anything :s-smilie:), but i'm mostly into dance. in fact, i'd love to join the kent falconettes (cheerleaders squad) despite the fact i don't have a background in gymnastics LOL

the music choice was way too hard: you have to choose between like 15-20 genres o.O but I guess it is a way to see which people are likely to get along well :P
honestly, I think i will join more societies than I could possibly be part of. i'm just toooo excited *__* I've always dreamed of being in an anglo-saxon uni, and it looks like it is finally going to happen *__*

xD I know it's on a wednesday cause most unis/colleges/schools don't have a full day on wednesday due to sorts events ^^
It's awkward for me though cause I have lessons on Wednesday afternoon ;-;
Oh yeh, I know but I wanted to check that I liked the accommodation ^^

I'd love to cheerlead. But I am not so flexible.. I've been trying to do the splits for ages =S

I probably won't even know half the genres. That's my plan to... during freshers. Just join EVERYTHING and have a go. I mean it's the only chance you're going to get to just do whatever for a "laugh" But I'm really looking forward to my course swell. I doubt I'll be able to do much outside of it to be honest.

I'm finally going to uni O_O aren't you scared you'll be home-sick?
For me it's 250 miles away and I'm a little worried but I'm just going to jump in head first ^^ and do what I can.

Edit : Do you know if you can add/change accommodation requirements later?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending