Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by einstein123
Ive received an offer, kind of relieved, but i haven't received any information on ucas open day.

Not sure why university applicant or Open Days are frequently referred to as UCAS Days, as it has nothing to do with them. The information I have is that the event on 14 Feb is specifically for partner institutions (local schools/colleges, etc) of Kent Uni and you needed to acknowledge attendance by yesterday. If you've not been offered a visit, I'm sure they'll show you round if you contact the university.
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 961
Original post by grazie
Not sure why university applicant or Open Days are frequently referred to as UCAS Days, as it has nothing to do with them. The information I have is that the event on 14 Feb is specifically for partner institutions (local schools/colleges, etc) of Kent Uni and you needed to acknowledge attendance by yesterday. If you've not been offered a visit, I'm sure they'll show you round if you contact the university.

Because it's for after you've had an offer via UCAS c:
The one I'm going to is on the 8th. That one is specifically for those who have offers from the university. So that we can look around the department and get to know the course better. So that if like me.. you are torn between two unis you can get a feel for them and make a firm decision ^^ Plus it's another chance to look at accommodation. Because I've totally forgot -_-

Are you currently studying at kent?
Reply 962
Ive received an offer, kind of relieved, but i haven't received any information on ucas open day.

https://adm.kent.ac.uk/external/admissions/ucas_visit_one.php/
You can book a place there ^^ You just need you're D.O.B and UCAS ID number
Anyone in the parkwood flats care to give an opinion on them? I really did love Tyler Court and Keynes flats, but they're the most expensive. Are the parkwood flats similar to those? I saw the parkwood houses and they seemed a little bit cramped, and the kitchens were tiny, bit I didn't get a chance to see the flats.
Do i still apply for accomodation even if im not sure im gonna make it my firm or insurance?
Reply 965
Original post by agoetcherian
Anyone in the parkwood flats care to give an opinion on them? I really did love Tyler Court and Keynes flats, but they're the most expensive. Are the parkwood flats similar to those? I saw the parkwood houses and they seemed a little bit cramped, and the kitchens were tiny, bit I didn't get a chance to see the flats.

Parkwood flats are very similar to Tyler A, but in some ways they're nicer (the windows are certainly bigger :giggle:) nice modern building, ensuite, the kitchens are big, there's a laundry in the building so you wouldn't need to go to the one near the parkwood shop, definitely worth considering :yep:
Reply 966
Original post by skipp
Parkwood flats are very similar to Tyler A, but in some ways they're nicer (the windows are certainly bigger :giggle:) nice modern building, ensuite, the kitchens are big, there's a laundry in the building so you wouldn't need to go to the one near the parkwood shop, definitely worth considering :yep:

O_O you're description of the laundry make me want the flats now.. dahhh.. Looks like I gotta lot of looking around to do on the UCAS day ><
Did you stay in park wood? Was the walk really bad?
Reply 967
Original post by Onique
O_O you're description of the laundry make me want the flats now.. dahhh.. Looks like I gotta lot of looking around to do on the UCAS day ><
Did you stay in park wood? Was the walk really bad?

Didn't technically live there, but spent most of my time there in the end :yep: the walk's really not bad at all, I'd give yourself 10-15mins, depending on where your lecture is, and it' a really nice walk :yep:

Parkwood houses are really good accommodation, so I wouldn't let the laundry put you off, and there are plenty of machines in the parkwood laundry, but it is much more convenient/secure to have it in your own building so it's one thing to consider :yep:
Reply 968
Original post by skipp
Didn't technically live there, but spent most of my time there in the end :yep: the walk's really not bad at all, I'd give yourself 10-15mins, depending on where your lecture is, and it' a really nice walk :yep:

Parkwood houses are really good accommodation, so I wouldn't let the laundry put you off, and there are plenty of machines in the parkwood laundry, but it is much more convenient/secure to have it in your own building so it's one thing to consider :yep:

For me it's between Parkwoodflats, Keynes and tyler.. So now it's down to price >< I know I want to be self catered and have an en-suite. Which makes the price so much moreee O_O

Your help is very much appreciated c:
Do i still apply for accomodation even if im not sure im gonna make it my firm or insurance?

No, you'll get information about applying for accomodation when you firm/insure it. :smile:
Reply 970

Original post by MadMike457
No, you'll get information about applying for accomodation when you firm/insure it. :smile:

You apply for accommodation once you have an offer c: Whether or not you are going to firm/insuance it ^^
I already recieved a conditional, and in the package i was sent i was advised to apply for acomm before i even put them as my firm or insurance and that if i didnt choose them theyd simply cancel my acomm application.
Anyone going to the Electronic and Communications Engineering open day on the 15th of febuary?
Hi!

Who is going to the open day on 1st feb?

I'm going but i'm gonna be a bit late (cause I live so far away) :-D

Really hope they give me an offer :frown:

Should I be worried about the 'informal' interview.

What should I be expecting?

So nervous now :frown:
Reply 974
Original post by Thelastpharaoh
I already recieved a conditional, and in the package i was sent i was advised to apply for acomm before i even put them as my firm or insurance and that if i didnt choose them theyd simply cancel my acomm application.

What course ^^ I'll stick you on the first post.
Congrats on the offer as well c:

Original post by FristyKino
Hi!

I've -heard- the the informal interview is simply to get you to come and see the campus and department so that you fall in love with Kent and are more likely to put it as your firm ^^
I wouldn't word to much. Basically as long as your not a total slacker. I'd say you are in c: Have you let them know that you are going to be late?
Reply 975
Hi!

The interview is nothing to worry about. They just want to make sure you haven't slipped through the cracks somehow.
Original post by Onique

I've -heard- the the informal interview is simply to get you to come and see the campus and department so that you fall in love with Kent and are more likely to put it as your firm ^^
I wouldn't word to much. Basically as long as your not a total slacker. I'd say you are in c: Have you let them know that you are going to be late?

Yes I've told them I'll be late. I talked to the admissions guy for biochemistry and he said if it was too far or too expensive then he would be willing to make a decision without the interview but i told him I was determined to get there even if im late :-D

Do you know if they ask questions like why this course or why this university? because i know i will freak and talk absolute crap if they ask me that :colondollar:
Reply 977
Yes I've told them I'll be late. I talked to the admissions guy for biochemistry and he said if it was too far or too expensive then he would be willing to make a decision without the interview but i told him I was determined to get there even if im late :-D

Do you know if they ask questions like why this course or why this university? because i know i will freak and talk absolute crap if they ask me that :colondollar:

That will surely make them want to give you an offer. So much effort you are making to get there >< You'l be fine. Just relax and enjoy the day c:

Sorry, I wasn't interviewed so I'm going from the words of others C: OwnedTom may be able to help you out here ^^
Original post by Onique

Electronic and communications engineering
Original post by OwnedTom
The interview is nothing to worry about. They just want to make sure you haven't slipped through the cracks somehow.

Thanks for the reply.

Have you had an interview there? Were there any technical questions about the course you were wanting to do?

I shouldnt be freaking out this much - I have two unconditional offers from other uni's but I just really want to go to Kent :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest