Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woo, offer from Kent for Drama & Theatre Studies :')
    Kent is also my firm choice without a doubt.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by einstein123)
    Ive received an offer, kind of relieved, but i haven't received any information on ucas open day.
    Not sure why university applicant or Open Days are frequently referred to as UCAS Days, as it has nothing to do with them. The information I have is that the event on 14 Feb is specifically for partner institutions (local schools/colleges, etc) of Kent Uni and you needed to acknowledge attendance by yesterday. If you've not been offered a visit, I'm sure they'll show you round if you contact the university.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grazie)
    Not sure why university applicant or Open Days are frequently referred to as UCAS Days, as it has nothing to do with them. The information I have is that the event on 14 Feb is specifically for partner institutions (local schools/colleges, etc) of Kent Uni and you needed to acknowledge attendance by yesterday. If you've not been offered a visit, I'm sure they'll show you round if you contact the university.
    Because it's for after you've had an offer via UCAS c:
    The one I'm going to is on the 8th. That one is specifically for those who have offers from the university. So that we can look around the department and get to know the course better. So that if like me.. you are torn between two unis you can get a feel for them and make a firm decision ^^ Plus it's another chance to look at accommodation. Because I've totally forgot -_-

Are you currently studying at kent?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive received an offer, kind of relieved, but i haven't received any information on ucas open day.
    https://adm.kent.ac.uk/external/admi...visit_one.php/
    You can book a place there ^^ You just need you're D.O.B and UCAS ID number
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the parkwood flats care to give an opinion on them? I really did love Tyler Court and Keynes flats, but they're the most expensive. Are the parkwood flats similar to those? I saw the parkwood houses and they seemed a little bit cramped, and the kitchens were tiny, bit I didn't get a chance to see the flats.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do i still apply for accomodation even if im not sure im gonna make it my firm or insurance?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agoetcherian)
    Anyone in the parkwood flats care to give an opinion on them? I really did love Tyler Court and Keynes flats, but they're the most expensive. Are the parkwood flats similar to those? I saw the parkwood houses and they seemed a little bit cramped, and the kitchens were tiny, bit I didn't get a chance to see the flats.
    Parkwood flats are very similar to Tyler A, but in some ways they're nicer (the windows are certainly bigger :giggle:) nice modern building, ensuite, the kitchens are big, there's a laundry in the building so you wouldn't need to go to the one near the parkwood shop, definitely worth considering :yep:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Parkwood flats are very similar to Tyler A, but in some ways they're nicer (the windows are certainly bigger :giggle:) nice modern building, ensuite, the kitchens are big, there's a laundry in the building so you wouldn't need to go to the one near the parkwood shop, definitely worth considering :yep:

O_O you're description of the laundry make me want the flats now.. dahhh.. Looks like I gotta lot of looking around to do on the UCAS day ><
    Did you stay in park wood? Was the walk really bad?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onique)
    O_O you're description of the laundry make me want the flats now.. dahhh.. Looks like I gotta lot of looking around to do on the UCAS day ><
    Did you stay in park wood? Was the walk really bad?
    Didn't technically live there, but spent most of my time there in the end :yep: the walk's really not bad at all, I'd give yourself 10-15mins, depending on where your lecture is, and it' a really nice walk :yep:

Parkwood houses are really good accommodation, so I wouldn't let the laundry put you off, and there are plenty of machines in the parkwood laundry, but it is much more convenient/secure to have it in your own building so it's one thing to consider :yep:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Didn't technically live there, but spent most of my time there in the end :yep: the walk's really not bad at all, I'd give yourself 10-15mins, depending on where your lecture is, and it' a really nice walk :yep:

Parkwood houses are really good accommodation, so I wouldn't let the laundry put you off, and there are plenty of machines in the parkwood laundry, but it is much more convenient/secure to have it in your own building so it's one thing to consider :yep:
    For me it's between Parkwoodflats, Keynes and tyler.. So now it's down to price >< I know I want to be self catered and have an en-suite. Which makes the price so much moreee O_O

Your help is very much appreciated c:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do i still apply for accomodation even if im not sure im gonna make it my firm or insurance?
    No, you'll get information about applying for accomodation when you firm/insure it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadMike457)
    No, you'll get information about applying for accomodation when you firm/insure it.
    You apply for accommodation once you have an offer c: Whether or not you are going to firm/insuance it ^^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I already recieved a conditional, and in the package i was sent i was advised to apply for acomm before i even put them as my firm or insurance and that if i didnt choose them theyd simply cancel my acomm application.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the Electronic and Communications Engineering open day on the 15th of febuary?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Who is going to the open day on 1st feb?

I'm going but i'm gonna be a bit late (cause I live so far away) :-D

Really hope they give me an offer

Should I be worried about the 'informal' interview.

What should I be expecting?

So nervous now
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelastpharaoh)
    I already recieved a conditional, and in the package i was sent i was advised to apply for acomm before i even put them as my firm or insurance and that if i didnt choose them theyd simply cancel my acomm application.
    What course ^^ I'll stick you on the first post.
    Congrats on the offer as well c:

(Original post by FristyKino)
    Hi!

So nervous now
    I've -heard- the the informal interview is simply to get you to come and see the campus and department so that you fall in love with Kent and are more likely to put it as your firm ^^
    I wouldn't word to much. Basically as long as your not a total slacker. I'd say you are in c: Have you let them know that you are going to be late?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

So nervous now
    The interview is nothing to worry about. They just want to make sure you haven't slipped through the cracks somehow.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I've -heard- the the informal interview is simply to get you to come and see the campus and department so that you fall in love with Kent and are more likely to put it as your firm ^^
    I wouldn't word to much. Basically as long as your not a total slacker. I'd say you are in c: Have you let them know that you are going to be late?
    Yes I've told them I'll be late. I talked to the admissions guy for biochemistry and he said if it was too far or too expensive then he would be willing to make a decision without the interview but i told him I was determined to get there even if im late :-D

Do you know if they ask questions like why this course or why this university? because i know i will freak and talk absolute crap if they ask me that
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes I've told them I'll be late. I talked to the admissions guy for biochemistry and he said if it was too far or too expensive then he would be willing to make a decision without the interview but i told him I was determined to get there even if im late :-D

Do you know if they ask questions like why this course or why this university? because i know i will freak and talk absolute crap if they ask me that
    That will surely make them want to give you an offer. So much effort you are making to get there >< You'l be fine. Just relax and enjoy the day c:

Sorry, I wasn't interviewed so I'm going from the words of others C: OwnedTom may be able to help you out here ^^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Electronic and communications engineering

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 20, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.