University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Onique
Wow. I didn't even know there was a "second" deadline =/
Do you just get considered after those who met the initial deadline?

AS far as I understand it, applicants are split into three groups.
1. Oxbridge and medic, etc. students
2. 'Standard' students
3. Art and Design students.
With each group having a different set of deadlines.
It would appear that Architecture is classed in the third option, although I thought it would have been in the second.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Thought I would register to add my name to the list! I've had a conditional offer for politics and international relations with a year abroad and Kent is my first choice so Im really happy!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for offers or going to interviews :smile:
Original post by grazie
2. 'Standard' students
It would appear that Architecture is classed in the third option, although I thought it would have been in the second.

Architecture (and the rest of the design subjects) usually require a portfolio to be put together, and then that portfolio needs to be judged. You get more time for this, I believe.
Reply 1103
Original post by Onique
Congratulations c:
Have you heard from all you unis now then?

*waves* and heyyy c: Fellow architect applicant here ^^
Where else have you applied/are you applying to?

Thank you :biggrin: No, I have three more to hear from, but for now, I intend to put Kent down as my insurance. :rolleyes:
Reply 1104
Original post by grazie
2. 'Standard' students

Original post by aliluvschoc
Architecture (and the rest of the design subjects) usually require a portfolio to be put together, and then that portfolio needs to be judged. You get more time for this, I believe.

REALLY O_O I didn't even know we had extra time....blurgh.
Wouldn't have helped anyway xD since I was an oxbridge. But would have been nice to know.
Most unis want it in for the standard deadline from what I've seen though?

Original post by rose_butlin
Thought I would register to add my name to the list! I've had a conditional offer for politics and international relations with a year abroad and Kent is my first choice so Im really happy!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for offers or going to interviews :smile:

Congratulations! Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Original post by mons7re
Thank you :biggrin: No, I have three more to hear from, but for now, I intend to put Kent down as my insurance. :rolleyes:

Where else? If you don't mind me asking >< and have you applied for accommodation yet?
Reply 1105
I've now completed my accomodation application
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I see you have your priorities right :smile:

If you weren't willing to go for an interview, why even apply?

Because I was willing to have one just Kent were being difficult and were not willing to do a phone/skype interview. Unlike other universities who are more than happy to do this option with consideration.

I hope it works out with the other, 'better' Universities, despite the fact I'm willing to bet you've seen none of them, either.

Kent is a good university I agree but I would not call it amazing. I used to live in Hampstead London and have an unconditional from Kings College so I'm probaby going to put that as my firm. Wanted a break from city life so applied to Kent since I've visited Canterbury before and enjoyed my time there.

Perhaps Kent imposes strict procedures like this to weed out undesirable candidates. Looks like it's working.

Lol ouch. :wink:

But seriously, pay 750 pounds just for an interview to Kenttt? I rather have a rejection then pay that much, thinking about it I don't even think I have that much money in my bank account currently! :rolleyes:

Like maybe if they gave me a few months to save up I would consider it but they gave me less than two months.

Not that I have anything against the people applying to Kent anyway though, good luck to you all since you made a great choice!
Reply 1107
Original post by Onique

Original post by Onique
Congratulations c:
Have you heard from all you unis now then?

hi!! i'm still doing some research on other unis in the UK..sicne i dont live there..am not sure of good ones..how about u?
Original post by Onique

weheyy i have a conditional for architecture too! will probably be firming kent soon :smile: is it your first choice then? c:
Reply 1109
Original post by Onique

Original post by Onique
Wow. I didn't even know there was a &quot;second&quot; deadline =/
Do you just get considered after those who met the initial deadline?

well not exactly a second deadline but .. january 15th- was the British National UCAS application Deadline and 30th-June is the deadline for all other UCAS undergraduate applications..but then there's that deadline on march 24th ..thats the one i'm aiming at .
Reply 1110
Original post by Onique

Where else? If you don't mind me asking >< and have you applied for accommodation yet?

Ah, don't worry :rolleyes: Well, I've applied to Edinburgh, Dundee, Glasgow Caledonian and Robert Gordon as well. I have already received an offer from RGU, and I'm still nervous about the Edinburgh's decision, so I haven't applied for accommodation yet :biggrin: Actually I'm not sure at all which one to choose as my firm, so I'm not in a rush to apply for accommodation :biggrin:
Original post by ifstatement
Because I was willing to have one just Kent were being difficult and were not willing to do a phone/skype interview. Unlike other universities who are more than happy to do this option with consideration.

Kent is a good university I agree but I would not call it amazing. I used to live in Hampstead London and have an unconditional from Kings College so I'm probaby going to put that as my firm. Wanted a break from city life so applied to Kent since I've visited Canterbury before and enjoyed my time there.

Lol ouch. :wink:

But seriously, pay 750 pounds just for an interview to Kenttt? I rather have a rejection then pay that much, thinking about it I don't even think I have that much money in my bank account currently! :rolleyes:

Like maybe if they gave me a few months to save up I would consider it but they gave me less than two months.

Not that I have anything against the people applying to Kent anyway though, good luck to you all since you made a great choice!

Fair play. In retrospect, I was being very harsh yesterday, and as a woman it is my prerogative to have a complete personality turn around on 24 hours notice :wink: so apologies for that and good luck with your other choices :smile:
Reply 1112
Original post by coral.theory
weheyy i have a conditional for architecture too! will probably be firming kent soon :smile: is it your first choice then? c:

*cough*firm kent!*cough*
We'll I firmed Kent yesterdayyy c: It was a toss up between nottingham uni and kent but I went to the open day at nottingham yesterday, and all though Nottingham is a really pretty campus and "higher" in the league tables Kents more for me. It's a smaller uni and has a pretty campus and the department looks cool ^^

Original post by Nabilz
hi!! i'm still doing some research on other unis in the UK..sicne i dont live there..am not sure of good ones..how about u?

Original post by Nabilz
well not exactly a second deadline but .. january 15th- was the British National UCAS application Deadline and 30th-June is the deadline for all other UCAS undergraduate applications..but then there's that deadline on march 24th ..thats the one i'm aiming at .

Which uni's are you looking at?
Oh ok I get it now c: Better get a move on then xD

Original post by mons7re
Ah, don't worry :rolleyes: Well, I've applied to Edinburgh, Dundee, Glasgow Caledonian and Robert Gordon as well. I have already received an offer from RGU, and I'm still nervous about the Edinburgh's decision, so I haven't applied for accommodation yet :biggrin: Actually I'm not sure at all which one to choose as my firm, so I'm not in a rush to apply for accommodation :biggrin:

Are you a scottish applicant by any chance? xD
Reply 1113
Anyone going on the Applicant Day on Saturday the 25th?

For Maths, or Actuarial? :smile:
Original post by grazie
Explaining that you can't afford the cost of travelling to the interview at short notice is perfectly reasonable. However, if they've asked you for an interview it usually means that it's part of their selection process. You need to speek to them. Ask them if the interview is essential and if it is, offer to go when you can travel more cheaply and give them the dates. They should try to accommodate you. Note, travelling to Manston, Kent rather than a London airport my suit you better if your travelling from N.Ireland or Scotland. The link to Canterbury from Manston isn't brilliant, but it may cost considerably less.

Thanks for the replies.

I've never actully heard of Manston, Kent International Airport before. The Kent University visiting guide mentions nothing of it and I don't recall seeing it on flight boards.

Having done some research, it seems the number of flights from Belfast to Manston is limited and even though the overall journey would be less expesive, the timing of the few flights they have would necessitate paying for overnight accommodation before the interview.

Gutted, in the application stage Kent would have been my first choice. Time to start talking to them.
Reply 1115
Original post by Onique

Are you a scottish applicant by any chance? xD

lol no :biggrin: Actually, I'm just an EU applicant :colondollar:
Reply 1116
Original post by mons7re
lol no :biggrin: Actually, I'm just an EU applicant :colondollar:

So you still get scottish education FREE.. burgh. I don't get why we have different government.. uni should be free for all -_-
Reply 1117
Yeah, that's right and I agree with you. Well, apart from the free education, I'm not able to take any other student grants, loans or even scholarships, so I don't think this is such a big deal..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1118
Original post by ********
Have u heard anything about the Law School at Kent????

That KLS is amazing!!! I am a first year student doing Law :smile:
It's absolutely fantastic!!
Reply 1119
Original post by SabrinaKiran
i have applied for foundation maths it looks like a good uni :L i just wanna get outta north hahahaaaa

Just like me! I hated living up north and moved down here and absolutely love it!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending