University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by ********
I don't know if i should firm Kent
Does anybody know what the Canterbury campus is like???

This post might help

From my view after visiting twice. It's on the top of a hill.. has a pretty big campus, with the library at the centre.
From what I saw (my department, the main facilities and accommodation) they keep up with the maintenance of the campus so nothing gets "run down". From what I saw anyway ><
Everyone seemed pretty friendly. If your not a fan of bustling cities. I think you'll like Kent.. It felt like a little community ^^
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Onique
This post might help

From my view after visiting twice. It's on the top of a hill.. has a pretty big campus, with the library at the centre.
From what I saw (my department, the main facilities and accommodation) they keep up with the maintenance of the campus so nothing gets "run down". From what I saw anyway ><
Everyone seemed pretty friendly. If your not a fan of bustling cities. I think you'll like Kent.. It felt like a little community ^^

Thank you so much...i havnen't been able to go on an open day so i'm pretty much relying on everything people are telling me about the uni
Kent has extremely generous bursaries...

£6000 pounds over the period of study if you get AAA/A*AB/A*A*C...

so tempting
Original post by Just Josh
Kent has extremely generous bursaries...

£6000 pounds over the period of study if you get AAA/A*AB/A*A*C...

so tempting

Does it count for equivalents? I thought it was only for AAA or higher... That makes it much better if it counts equivalents.
Original post by agoetcherian
Does it count for equivalents? I thought it was only for AAA or higher... That makes it much better if it counts equivalents.

Nope, just A levels or IB :frown:
Original post by LauraMial
Nope, just A levels or IB :frown:

By equivalents, I meant A*AB = AAA. Pretty sure B-tecs and IB count as well though.
Original post by agoetcherian
By equivalents, I meant A*AB = AAA. Pretty sure B-tecs and IB count as well though.

yes it does :biggrin: it's been changed on their website
Original post by Lorna126
Hey! I'm currently an undergraduate student at Kent doing Law so if you have any questions about it just ask? :smile:

I didn't know anybody who had been to kent and i was quite nervous but it is a brilliant university.

Hi! I plan to apply for Law at Kent University for 2013 and I just wanted to ask you a few questions since you're already there. I've heard a lot about there being "a lot" of work. On average, how many essays/tasks/whatever they might be, do you get in a week? Also, the reading as well. How many hours do you do in a week? What's your week generally like? Like, what do you normally do during the week? Lastly, is the content quite hard to learn/understand?

I know these questions are quite weird but I'm really keen to know because "a lot" might be so little to someone else, but too much for me to handle. I haven't seen too much on the internet that's helped either, so if you could answer these as best as you can I'd be really grateful! Thanks. :smile:
Original post by sueli
Also, this may sound like a silly question but its something I'm actually a bit curious about :colondollar: Do people tend to find it difficult to understand American accents in England?

It's actually the opposite, the amount of times I had to spell out letters, LETTERS to Americans over the phone or in a conversation, "C for carrot." etc.

Brits make a big effort in understanding foreign accents compared to most Americans.

Original post by sueli
I feel like I have a clear accent to understand, but sometimes I wonder if I'll come out sounding unintelligible to others...

As long as you're not all

"Omg you have such a kickass accent!! do u know da queen and do u drink tea?"

Then you should be fine and really have nothing to worry about. :smile:
Reply 1209
Damn you Kent, you massive tease! Send me an e-mail about 'The best things about Kent!' on Monday; reject me on Tuesday.
Reply 1210
Original post by El_Sid
Damn you Kent, you massive tease! Send me an e-mail about 'The best things about Kent!' on Monday; reject me on Tuesday.

Bad luck. I've had a rejection from a mid ranking uni where I was expecting an offer and an offer from a top ten uni where I was anticipating a rejection. 'Tis a bit of a lottery, although it shouldn't be!

Hope you've got offers or offers in the pipeline elsewhere.
Reply 1211
Original post by grazie
Bad luck. I've had a rejection from a mid ranking uni where I was expecting an offer and an offer from a top ten uni where I was anticipating a rejection. 'Tis a bit of a lottery, although it shouldn't be!

Hope you've got offers or offers in the pipeline elsewhere.
Thanks, and yeah, that's life I guess. =P I do indeed, but my course in Kent is usually in clearing so if they offer it in August I'm gonna try and go for it. Ah well.
Reply 1212
hello thereeeee, alright..

Anyone applied for Sports Science at Medway Campus? I've got an unconditional and just wondering if anyone else has applied for the same course

:-)
Conditional offer to sit Politics and International Relations with a year outside (in my case, Japan) at 33 IB Points + a 5 in English B (well, I have a prediction of 7 over 7 in the subject, so I suppose it is achievable :tongue:). After completely screwing up the goddamned interview, I was surprised to see they actually gave me the offer! Gah, this is such a relief. And now comes the worst: passing the IB and getting into university. But I am a step closer.
Original post by HyperInSugar
Conditional offer to sit Politics and International Relations with a year outside (in my case, Japan) at 33 IB Points + a 5 in English B (well, I have a prediction of 7 over 7 in the subject, so I suppose it is achievable :tongue:). After completely screwing up the goddamned interview, I was surprised to see they actually gave me the offer! Gah, this is such a relief. And now comes the worst: passing the IB and getting into university. But I am a step closer.

Congratulations!

WOOW we'll be in the same school! I have an offer for conflict, peace and security :biggrin: we might happen to be course mates too LOL
hello :smile: decided to put Kent as my firm today! really loved it on the open day :smile: deciding on accommodation now, i love how how they ask your musical preference :wink: xx
Original post by sueli
Sorry I can't answer the person above me with much detail, but what I suggest you do to get a sense of what the coursework will be like in the course you're interested in, is check out the Kent site and see what compulsory modules are listed under that course. Then, just search for more info on the modules on the Uni website, and it should give you a sense of what type of work that specific class will ask of you. For example, for the 3 year LLb Law program, one of the core modules is " A Critical Intro. to Law", and if you click on the following link, it'll give you all the information about what that particular class will be like: http://http://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/modulecatalogue/modules/LW313

Thanks! I didn't even know that existed on the website. It was quite helpful, but I still feel like I'm not that confident that I know I can do the course content if that makes sense. I wouldn't want to start the course and realise that I can't cope.
Aah, I applied to MSc Forensic Psychology, not Forensic Science as you've put in the list :colondollar:
Here's my dilemma I have received an offer from kent and newcastle uni both requiring an ABB kent for history and politics and newcastle straight politics I have done history at A level but not politics. I have no idea where to go newcastle is far but I wudnt really mind I guess the key thing is the better degree? Help
Reply 1219
Offer for biomedical science is firmed! Buzzin' :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending