University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Onique
Same for me =/

THE ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN FIXED! Please share the page. Once we have enough people, we can then create discussions to talk about the subject & accommodation stuff!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1241
Original post by ninegrandstudent
The link takes me to "content unavailable" - might be cos I'm on my phone, but it could be a slight technical hitch you'll want to correct! :smile:

THE ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN FIXED! Please share the page. Once we have enough people, we can then create discussions to talk about the subject & accommodation stuff!
Reply 1242
Original post by Scarlett-Yvonne
Firmed Kent :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318532011535113/ - JOINT THE APPLICANTS PAGE!
Reply 1243
Original post by Backchatgirl
I've firmed Anthropology :smile: Very excited about starting now, if I get the grades XD I also applied for Parkwood houses as my first accommodation choice, in case anyone else has too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318532011535113/ - JOINT THE APPLICANTS PAGE!
Reply 1244
Original post by alikingo
MATES!! Since we hold offers from Kent and consider choosing it as our firm choice ( right ? ), I think we should add each other on a more open platform where we could easily know each other as this is KINNNNNA LOOOOONNNG BLOOD (London Street way of speaking ) ?

Contact me on : about.me/aliakkoyun !

Hey I'm sorry for the VERY late reply, I don't really check TSR a lot! Definitely thinking of firming Kent very soon! What about you? I'll join the Kent applicants page too :smile:
Reply 1245
Original post by alikingo

>< I got your first post...
and I find Caps pretty aggressive please try to avoid using. I can easily read what you are saying without the caps. Thanks.
Reply 1246
Join the page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/318532011535113/

We'll talk there!
Reply 1247
Hi everyone,

I just received IELTS exam results and my marks are:

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.0
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 6.5

Now all of this is great for me but Kent requirements are:

"IELTS at 6,5 overall including 6,0 in

Reading and Writing, 5,5 in Listening and Speaking".

What should I do? I don't want to retake the exam that would be above my limits
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Canterbury is really, really lovely.

Where I currently live isn't particularly nice at all, I don't like walking around on my own in the day, yet I was quite happy wandering around Canterbury (with no clue where I was actually going) when it was dark.

The city itself was busy and bustling, it sort of reminded me of a mini almost-countryside London. It was busy without being noisy and claustrophobic though.
There's loads of places to eat (not too pricey either - and different, mexixans, italians, thais, and untypical asian foods as well as your general chains and takeaways) and lots of little pubs rather than bars or clubs - some lovely looking wine bars as well.
Shops wise there was a huge range from budget high street to designer, and some cheapish (high street prices) vintage shops I found in side streets.
There were quite a few homeless people, but they weren't drunk or anything (there's a lot of homeless drunks near me who are quite intimidating).
There's parks, fields nearby, and we can get an unlimited bus pass to take us to the sea :biggrin:
The city is really pretty as well, loads of amazing old buildings - the library/museam that looked like its currently being restored was gorgeous!
My parents spoke to quite a few people who said it was safe, and going for a run at 7am there was very little piles of sick around which to me is positive! Again, that's common in my town..:rolleyes:

The university itself is a campus uni, right on a hill. Plenty of green space, spread out, great views over the city, a little concretey in some places but not near most of the accomodation. New buildings are being built, and the gym is going to be refitted so we get brand new equipment. Some of the accomodation I don't think is the most attractive, but Parkwood Houses aren't bad and are affordable to.

I really loved the university though, there are panoramic virtual tours on the website, so maybe have a look at those? :smile:

omg thank god coz its my firm choice anall :smile:
Reply 1249
Original post by Mantaz
Hi everyone,

I just received IELTS exam results and my marks are:

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.0
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 6.5

Now all of this is great for me but Kent requirements are:

"IELTS at 6,5 overall including 6,0 in

Reading and Writing, 5,5 in Listening and Speaking".

What should I do? I don't want to retake the exam that would be above my limits

Best advice I could give you is to contact them. Always worth an ask c:
But I am guessing that if they state that on the site. Then that is what they will want, as it probably is vital that you can write above that standard. Considering you'll be doing a few essays.
Reply 1250
Hi, i am also thinking of firming Kent. Are there any economics students here? Also does anyone know if there is a gym near campus (bodybuilding)
Reply 1251
Original post by PPF
Hi, i am also thinking of firming Kent. Are there any economics students here? Also does anyone know if there is a gym near campus (bodybuilding)

There is a gym on campus c:
Reply 1252
Original post by Onique
There is a gym on campus c:

Nice! Do you have any clue how it actually is?
For example the how heavy the dumbells are and the facilities or do you no where i could find out as this has become a large part of my life lol.
Original post by PPF
For example the how heavy the dumbells are and the facilities or do you no where i could find out as this has become a large part of my life lol.

Its currently in the process of being redone - most should be completed by September. I *think* they were having a special dedicated weights room put in, but don't quote me. I know they are having all new equipment.
Not sure how heavy that dumbells are - I'm a big wimp who tends to stick really light to tone instead of bulking :colondollar: I know my dads into all that kind of thing, and when he can't afford gym passes he makes his own weights with general household objects/foods, so there's always that (?).
It does look really good though, there's no pool which is the only let down (think there is one pretty chear and pretty close though).
Reply 1254
Original post by PPF

Hi, I'm an economics student :biggrin: probably gonna put kent as my insurance
Reply 1255
Original post by cat_cat
Hi, I'm an economics student :biggrin: probably gonna put kent as my insurance

What exam board are you on atm?
Reply 1256
Original post by PPF

Looks like someone already answered ><
I didn't get to go in and analyse the dumbbells xD Sorry. But I'm sure they'll be heavy enough.
I will say from what I saw the gym looked a little small.

However you can always do what they said and use household items or bring some with you?
Reply 1257
Original post by PPF
What exam board are you on atm?

For economics I'm guessing, OCR
Firmed Kent. Was really hard to choose between the likes of birmingham and nottingham as they are twice as big. However kent had that 'feel' to it, that made it feel like home like many people have said on here + HEYY only a few miles to the beach!
My course is american and english lit with film studies AAB. Applied for accommodation at tyler court b and c and new keynes college as main preferences.
wish they'd let you know before august whether you got it, like other unis.

anyone else?:^_^::^_^:
Reply 1259
Original post by Onique
Looks like someone already answered ><
I didn't get to go in and analyse the dumbbells xD Sorry. But I'm sure they'll be heavy enough.
I will say from what I saw the gym looked a little small.

However you can always do what they said and use household items or bring some with you?

Hmmm... Nah im not to good with making or using household equipment. The heaviest i currently use is up to 40kg so by then i should progress more so upto 50 kg would be good. Maybe theres a proper gym nearby elsewhere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending