University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by LifeIsGood
Me too :biggrin:

Good look with your final exams then :wink: hopefully we'll both make it there :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1281
Original post by ********
I've applied for Law
The uni's are between, Kent and Nottingham Trent. But Nottingham Trent does the sandwich thick course but ent is far better ranked than NTU

I haven't seen Trent so I can't help you there ><
Are you a heavy partying person?
And your probably good to look into the course style, to make sure it suits you if you don't think the course at Kent will suit you then go for Trent (:

Have you done the virtual tours?
Also you live in london.. train tickets are pretty cheap from there aren't they? Have you looked into it?
Got accepted onto the MSc Forensic Psychology Yey!
Original post by King.
anyone going to kent uni open day on wedneasday?

I'm going this Wed!
hi,

does anyone know what the graduate prospects are like for law students, at Kent? I have the uni insured but i think i will end up going there this fall. I know Kent does fairly well in the league tables (atleast in the Guardian, and complete university guide) but there seems to be mixed views on the employment prospects. On the open day the lecturers didnt really mention employment at all. (Quite worrying!) I've read all sorts of stories about how graduates struggle to secure TC's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1285
Original post by OK Computer
I'm going this Wed!

sorry i went last wednesday haha
Just a quick final update people, I had my offer changed to unconditional few weeks back after constant nagging via email.

Going to give it a pass though as I'm not too keen on Kent now. Admissions weren't the greatest and I don't think they really went through my application properly, which is very off putting since it seems they rush their offers and only make offers by grades not personality also. Other top tier universities took parts of my application into account and judged an offer based on various things but Kent seemed to only make an offer only by grades and if I can make it to a face to face interview even though I put in my application I was taking a gap year and had plans abroad already by trekking to Australia and other countries.

I also got a feeling Kent dislike gap years? I have a feeling they weren't happy with the idea how I took a few years off to save money up and gain real world experience while they would rather take a person with much lower grades straight out of sixth form. Other top tier universities when I requested for a gap year working in Australia were more than happy for deferring my case and hoped me for the best while Kent just told me I either go this year or I lose my chance to go to Kent as apparently they are putting grades up next year? Which was an obvious lie as I pointed out to them by email that the grades in the 2013 prospectus are exactly the same as the 2012 one :facepalm:

I hope the best for the rest of you people at the university of Kent, Canterbury seems an alright place to be but I just don't think it's my cup of tea. Good luck everybody.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by King.
sorry i went last wednesday haha

Thought you may have meant that haha! How was it?
Reply 1288
Original post by chrissietina92
offer for economics and politics ABB

hey, i have an offer for the same course but its AAB, i see that everyones offer is ABB too but i have no idea why mine was raised.:s-smilie: I was predicted A*AB but i dont see why they should increase requirement grades if the prediction is higher...what were you predicted?
Reply 1289
Original post by ifstatement
Just a quick final update people, I had my offer changed to unconditional few weeks back after constant nagging via email.

Going to give it a pass though as I'm not too keen on Kent now. Admissions weren't the greatest and I don't think they really went through my application properly, which is very off putting since it seems they rush their offers and only make offers by grades not personality also. Other top tier universities took parts of my application into account and judged an offer based on various things but Kent seemed to only make an offer only by grades and if I can make it to a face to face interview even though I put in my application I was taking a gap year and had plans abroad already by trekking to Australia and other countries.

From the time you posted that you got a rejection, it did seem that they made a boo boo. I can't say much against Kent, although I have had very similar experiences from other admissions departments who look at grades or predicted grades then simply tick boxes. I far as I'm concerned, it isn't on!

I was going to put Kent as my insurance, but as I've got an offer from Lancaster that is less than Kent's, there's no point.

I hope all that decide on Kent enjoy their time there. Can't say much about the uni, but Canterbury is a good place to live.
Original post by grazie
From the time you posted that you got a rejection, it did seem that they made a boo boo. I can't say much against Kent, although I have had very similar experiences from other admissions departments who look at grades or predicted grades then simply tick boxes. I far as I'm concerned, it isn't on!

I was going to put Kent as my insurance, but as I've got an offer from Lancaster that is less than Kent's, there's no point.

I hope all that decide on Kent enjoy their time there. Can't say much about the uni, but Canterbury is a good place to live.

Yeah I have an unconditional from Lancaster also so I'm most likely going to firm them or Kings College.
Original post by OK Computer
I'm going this Wed!

so am I :smile:
Original post by hannahbananah

so am I :smile:

Yay! Oh and you are from Essex too :smile:

..I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.
Reply 1293
Hi!

I'm applying to study English and German Law/ European Legal Studies. Haven't read about anyone doing either of those...worries me a bit!

Anyone applied for accommodation yet? :smile:
Original post by Judderb
Hi!

I'm applying to study English and German Law/ European Legal Studies. Haven't read about anyone doing either of those...worries me a bit!

Anyone applied for accommodation yet? :smile:

A lot of people have - think there was a big discussion on this thread back in December :smile: What accomodation were you thinking of?
Reply 1295
Original post by Juliana
hey, i have an offer for the same course but its AAB, i see that everyones offer is ABB too but i have no idea why mine was raised.:s-smilie: I was predicted A*AB but i dont see why they should increase requirement grades if the prediction is higher...what were you predicted?

I think I have the same problem as well.... I applied for architecture and I revisited the prospectus, it said BB, but my offer is AAB :frown:
Reply 1296
Original post by ninegrandstudent
A lot of people have - think there was a big discussion on this thread back in December :smile: What accomodation were you thinking of?

Oh really? Great!

I've put down Keynes College as my number one pref.
Yourself?
Original post by Judderb
Oh really? Great!

I've put down Keynes College as my number one pref.
Yourself?

I went for Darwin Houses as my first choice :smile:
hey guys, I've just firmed kent :biggrin:

(and put keele as insurance)

Also, I'd like to pose you a question:
being my course a more 'specific' one than politics and IR, I guess less people applied, therefore there should be more places available than the 'main' one.
I got my offer without submitting predicted grades, and neither did my referee (she wasn't even asked to)
My offer is subject to me obtaining an overall 86/100 at my final exams.
Does that mean they could be lenient in case I get, say, 81/100 (very likely to happen)? Does the fact I've firmed it help the situation?
Reply 1299
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I went for Darwin Houses as my first choice :smile:

What course are you doing?

There is definitely nobody doing my course on here! :frown: Searched all over the thread xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending