The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MadOrange1994
Hey anyone studying multimedia technology and design or has applied for accommodation at tyler court??? xxxxx

I've put Tyler Court B/C as my first choice & A as my 2nd! Loved this accomodation, really hope I get it! :smile: I've applied to do French & Philosophy
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
whats the best thing about the university of Kent?
Original post by daniellaUS

Quite a bit to choose from the obvious being it's a well rated university for many subjects.

For me the best thing about the university of Kent was the feel abd atmosphere. It just felt like a university which I didn't get visiting others.
Original post by Brown Eyed Gatsby
Quite a bit to choose from the obvious being it's a well rated university for many subjects.

For me the best thing about the university of Kent was the feel abd atmosphere. It just felt like a university which I didn't get visiting others.

Thank you, sounds good!
is it better to go to the Venue on a night out or venture into town for a local pub?
or the other pubs on site?
Thank you, sounds good!
is it better to go to the Venue on a night out or venture into town for a local pub?

Are you more of a club, or a pub person? :smile: If club, then head to the Venue (or other nightclubs in town). If pubs, then head to one of the many pubs in town :p: Or, you may feel inbetween-y, and go to a bar - there are 5 on campus and a few in town - some of the bars in town have like a mini-club atmosphere about them too :yy:
Thank you, sounds good!

Depends on what you're into really. There's an awesome thread about Canterbury's nightlife to get an idea.

That said, Venue is almost always a good night out
Anyone else studying Business and Economics Joint Honours ? My first choice accommodation is Park Wood. :smile:
Reply 1447

Atmosphere! :cute: tonnes of stuff to get involved in and tonnes of friendly people to meet whilst you're doing it :h:
I've got a conditional offer of AAB for law. Can anyone tell me the chances of kent letting me in with ABB, because I think that's what I'm going to get.
Reply 1449
anyone applied for Accounting & Finance?
Original post by nakz_
anyone applied for Accounting & Finance?

I do Accounting & Finance if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 1451
Original post by jaydemikaela
I do Accounting & Finance if you have any questions :smile:

Hi, i was wondering how good the lectures and modules are on this course. Also is the accomodation good, and travel time to get to lectures and get food?
Original post by nakz_
Hi, i was wondering how good the lectures and modules are on this course. Also is the accomodation good, and travel time to get to lectures and get food?

Personally I think all the lecturers are really good. Especially for Business Law if you take that module.

You do 4 modules in the first year; financial accounting, quantitative models and methods, economics and business law.

Financial accounting is really interesting in my opinion. It helps to have done business a-level I think because there is a bit on ratio analysis and lots of income statements and balance sheets. Basically as long as you go to your seminars you'll be fine with the exam because most of the seminar questions are past exam questions. Also the past papers are all pretty similar. The lecturers and seminar leaders are really good.

Quantitative models and methods is basically just maths and statistics. The first 5 weeks are on computing. You just have an assignment to do which looks difficult at the start but it gets easier. The maths/stats part will be fine if you've done maths a-level. If not, you should still be fine because you get given all the slides in the lectures and go through examples in the seminars. Again, past papers are all pretty similar so you know what to revise.

With economics you either do mode A or mode B. Mode A is if you've done Economics A-Level and mode B if you haven't. I'm doing mode B. This is probably my most difficult module. As long as you go to the lectures, seminars and do the reading you'll be fine. The past papers all have comprehensive mark schemes so if you go through them you know what will come up.

Business Law is an optional module but pretty much everyone takes it because you get an exemption from one of the exams if you want to qualify as an accountant. This module is really interesting. The lecturer is brilliant and she's also my seminar leader so they are really helpful as well. There is quite a lot of content and cases to learn though.

I stayed in Tyler Court C which was great. The rooms are big and so are the kitchens. It takes a maximum of 10/15 minutes to get to lectures. Some are only 5 minutes away. And there are places to get food all over campus :smile:
Reply 1453
Original post by jaydemikaela
Personally I think all the lecturers are really good. Especially for Business Law if you take that module.

You do 4 modules in the first year; financial accounting, quantitative models and methods, economics and business law.

Financial accounting is really interesting in my opinion. It helps to have done business a-level I think because there is a bit on ratio analysis and lots of income statements and balance sheets. Basically as long as you go to your seminars you'll be fine with the exam because most of the seminar questions are past exam questions. Also the past papers are all pretty similar. The lecturers and seminar leaders are really good.

Quantitative models and methods is basically just maths and statistics. The first 5 weeks are on computing. You just have an assignment to do which looks difficult at the start but it gets easier. The maths/stats part will be fine if you've done maths a-level. If not, you should still be fine because you get given all the slides in the lectures and go through examples in the seminars. Again, past papers are all pretty similar so you know what to revise.

With economics you either do mode A or mode B. Mode A is if you've done Economics A-Level and mode B if you haven't. I'm doing mode B. This is probably my most difficult module. As long as you go to the lectures, seminars and do the reading you'll be fine. The past papers all have comprehensive mark schemes so if you go through them you know what will come up.

Business Law is an optional module but pretty much everyone takes it because you get an exemption from one of the exams if you want to qualify as an accountant. This module is really interesting. The lecturer is brilliant and she's also my seminar leader so they are really helpful as well. There is quite a lot of content and cases to learn though.

I stayed in Tyler Court C which was great. The rooms are big and so are the kitchens. It takes a maximum of 10/15 minutes to get to lectures. Some are only 5 minutes away. And there are places to get food all over campus :smile:

Cheers for the response, I do Maths, Economics Accounting A Level and i did Business and IT also at AS. Hopefully they all come in handy :smile:

When i applied for Accomodation my main choice is Tyler Court C ahnd 2nd choice Tyler Court A & B. Good to know theres someone that likes those. Still got a few exams to go but confident i'll get in :biggrin: Thanks
Original post by nakz_
Cheers for the response, I do Maths, Economics Accounting A Level and i did Business and IT also at AS. Hopefully they all come in handy :smile:

When i applied for Accomodation my main choice is Tyler Court C ahnd 2nd choice Tyler Court A & B. Good to know theres someone that likes those. Still got a few exams to go but confident i'll get in :biggrin: Thanks

They definitely will! You should be absolutely fine with most of it then!

I'm sure you won't regret the accommodation choices :smile: Good luck!
does anybody know lowest grades that kent have accepted in the past if someone doesnt get their grades from the offer??
ive got an offer of AAB for Architecture but ive already got an A* so i just need an A and a B from art, maths and physics :smile: so excited !!

Anyone else got an offer for ARCHITECTURE?
Reply 1457
Anyone doing Pharmacy?
does anybody know lowest grades that kent have accepted in the past if someone doesnt get their grades from the offer??
Original post by no1premierXI

There's no way of knowing that. It changes each year and depends entirely on the course and number of admissions.

Now shut up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending