Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Downton Abbey

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awaiting developments in shameless Lady Chatterley's Lover rip off storyline.
    • 17 followers

I like to think there are subtle differences
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or is the acting rather crap?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)

I had a search of TSR and was really surprised to find there was no Downton Abbey thread!

Who else is pleased it's back and better than ever?!
    My grandparents watch this, what the hell is it about!?
    • 17 followers

(Original post by icedragon)
    My grandparents watch this, what the hell is it about!?
    I don't quite see your point...

(Original post by Annora)
    Anyone in particular?
    • 46 followers

I don't want sybil and Irish dude to get it on. He's horrible.

Also, how on earth have we got to episode 5 already?! It feels like only last week that it started back up again.
    • 17 followers

No no no, he's not horrible. He's just incredibly dedicated to the cause - much like Sybil was with all that politics stuff back in series 1

• 46 followers

(Original post by Stray_talk)
    No no no, he's not horrible. He's just incredibly dedicated to the cause - much like Sybil was with all that politics stuff back in series 1

He keeps harrassing her though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sybil seems to be falling for him, the way she keeps going up to him with questions and stuff! But that storyline is not playing out quite how I want it to.. I wish he was a bit more like understanding and stuff which I guess he is.. aah, I don't know.

At the moment Matthew seems like really in love with Lavinia, I really dont want it to be like all of a sudden he loves Mary again. But still, really felt for Mary and Lavinia.

I felt sooo bad for Daisy and I think she'll feel guilty for the rest of her life now.. although I understand why everyone pressured her, it was still unfair on her. It's sad about William, I kept thinking his lungs would somehow clear up or something.

Good Episode!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annora)
    Just you :lol: Who? Surely you can't mean Maggie Smith. Legend.

(Original post by fleur de lis)
    I don't want sybil and Irish dude to get it on. He's horrible.
    :yep: I agree, he's just to pushy. He needs to give her time, she can't just drop everything and run to him, she is a Lady after all
    I liked him last series but this time he's got a bit too full on, if you see what I mean.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Branson has been in love with Sybil for 5 years and Sybil has never given him a clear answer. He can seem a little pushy at times, but in the end I don't really think he is.
    How the episodes jump in time makes it more complicated. We don't know what's been going on and as viewers we are only presented with certain scenes. I mean it's almost four years since they held hands. Things are going incredibly slowly and I don't reckon he's knocking on her door 24/7, asking her to run away with him.

I quite agree with this person: http://rileychester.tumblr.com/post/...late-is-unfair

It seems like Sybil has finally realised what she feels for him though.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Branson has been in love with Sybil for 5 years and Sybil has never given him a clear answer. He can seem a little pushy at times, but in the end I don't really think he is.
    How the episodes jump in time makes it more complicated. We don't know what's been going on and as viewers we are only presented with certain scenes. I mean it's almost four years since they held hands. Things are going incredibly slow and I don't reckon he's knocking on her door 24/7, asking her to run away with him.

I quite agree with this person: http://rileychester.tumblr.com/post/...late-is-unfair

It seems like Sybil has finally realised what she feels for him though.
    Wooaah. 5 years? Yes, the wierd timings make confusing, the fact he's been asking for 5 years makes him seem a bit less pushy. I.e. each episode he asks her to run away with him again, and if it's been just under a year between episodes then it makes him seem slightly less eager!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy7)
    Wooaah. 5 years? Yes, the wierd timings make confusing, the fact he's been asking for 5 years makes him seem a bit less pushy. I.e. each episode he asks her to run away with him again, and if it's been just under a year between episodes then it makes him seem slightly less eager!
    Yeah. Branson started working for the Crawleys in 1913, it's now 1918.
    • 17 followers

The way the episodes jump have done him a disservice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh Downton, you bring us such twists this week!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    aaaah I can't wait for next week...
    so many good things to look forward to...the promo looks epic.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I never watched series 1 but have really got into series 2. I will be rather pissed off if Matthew miraculously recovers the use of his legs (and other body parts) after a total spinal cord transection though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeah surprise surprise all of a sudden his legs start to work. As much as I like it, there are some fairly ridiculous things going on in downton abbey.

Although, I do want to ask what people made of that Peter Gordon guy, was he for real?? I couldnt decide, but I thought he was faking, Edith is so unlucky when it comes to guys ..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its a shame the old heir both came and went in this episode, I thought he would have stuck around for longer to make things a bit awkward! And Richard Carlisle is nasty

I sort of want Matthew to get his legs back, he's far too depressing otherwise!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Downton Abbey. It's one of the few programmes I've bothered keeping up with when I'm at university.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 9, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.