The Student Room Group

PSYA4 27TH JAN 2012- Schizophrenia, Aggression, Research Methods

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I got an A in Soc and a B in Psy,
hmm, idk tbh I've not done a long mark one yet, I guess just sampling, design, IV & DV, controls, porcedure I cant think what else

Now there's the whole significance tests and all that too, which once understood is quite simple but I don't know :s

We can help each other once we know the topics better :wink: :smile:
Original post by Tpos
Now there's the whole significance tests and all that too, which once understood is quite simple but I don't know :s

We can help each other once we know the topics better :wink: :smile:

I dont mind the stats tests cause I did stats at GCSE :P
Original post by Tpos
Oh yay you're doing the same topics as me!

Im glad someone else is doing it, i felt like an odd one :colondollar:
Reply 43
how you guys getting on? Im doing psya3 (were talking in the other thread) but thought I would pop in to see how my fellow PSYA4 peeps are doing?

How are you guys finding revision for PSYA4?
I understand some of you are doing psya4 first and then psya3 in June? Is this the case for most of you?

PSya3 is bloody full on! there is tons to remember so my advice is work your socks off on psya4 so your in a better position for PSYA3 if your doing that after.

(PSYA3 is all 24 mark questions basically! with tons to remember!)
Reply 44
Original post by Mephestic
how you guys getting on? Im doing psya3 (were talking in the other thread) but thought I would pop in to see how my fellow PSYA4 peeps are doing?

How are you guys finding revision for PSYA4?
I understand some of you are doing psya4 first and then psya3 in June? Is this the case for most of you?

PSya3 is bloody full on! there is tons to remember so my advice is work your socks off on psya4 so your in a better position for PSYA3 if your doing that after.

(PSYA3 is all 24 mark questions basically! with tons to remember!)

PSYA4 is okayish. But it's apparently harder than PSYA3 although I'm not too sure how exactly. My teacher said we're doin PSYA4 first since we'll then get a chance to retake it xD Oh the faith she has for us.. :P
Yep, there's 24 mark questions in this unit too :frown: And research methods questions on top.
Reply 45
I find ti so damn annoying to try and remember all the individual studies for Ao2 in each of the schizophreneia essays!
Reply 46
Original post by Binliner
I find ti so damn annoying to try and remember all the individual studies for Ao2 in each of the schizophreneia essays!

My teacher explained to us that you don't need loads of studies. Just make sure your appropriateness and effectiveness points are strong, and then perhaps have 1 study to support your knowledge. Don't learn 5 (for example) studies for each explanation :smile:

What other topics are you doing?
I am also doing Schizophrenia, so nearer the time it would be fab if we could do some revision/questions on TSR!
Reply 47
Hey guys, this is one of my first attempts at a 24 mark PSYA4 essay. Please could somebody have a read and give me advice on improvements? :smile:
Reply 48
Hello, I'm doing PSYA4 as well, doing media, schizophrenia and research methods.. I was just wondering, can anyone explain type 1 and type 2 errors to me? my teacher went through it really quickly and none of us really understood it :/ thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by marcella
Hello, I'm doing PSYA4 as well, doing media, schizophrenia and research methods.. I was just wondering, can anyone explain type 1 and type 2 errors to me? my teacher went through it really quickly and none of us really understood it :/ thanks for any help :smile:

What section is 'type 1 and type 2 errors' in?

you're doing the same as me yay! ~:biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by hhh123
What section is 'type 1 and type 2 errors' in?

It's in research methods, my textbook has minimal explanation on it, and knowing me it'll come up on the exam! :smile:

you're doing the same as me yay! ~:biggrin:

yaaay, how are you finding it?
It's in research methods, my textbook has minimal explanation on it, and knowing me it'll come up on the exam! :smile:

pretty good! media is interesting
Reply 53

Oh i see, i haven't started learning research methods yet. Only done addictive behaviours and schizophrenia :smile:
Reply 54
Gone a bit quiet on here.. how's everyone doing?

Is anyone able to give me a good outline of relapse in addictive behaviors please?
this thread seems to be dying a little, hows everyone getting on?
we've finished media, and nearly finished explanations of schizophrenia,
I'm getting B's in class so I'm revising Psychology a ton atm :')
Reply 56
this thread seems to be dying a little, hows everyone getting on?
we've finished media, and nearly finished explanations of schizophrenia,
I'm getting B's in class so I'm revising Psychology a ton atm :')

Definitely agree.
Sounds great.
We've finished schizophrenia and addictive behaviour... and are part way through research methods which I hate!

I am also revising a ton, god I want an A in this!
Original post by hhh123
Definitely agree.
Sounds great.
We've finished schizophrenia and addictive behaviour... and are part way through research methods which I hate!

I am also revising a ton, god I want an A in this!

we're doing research methods once a week & weaving it into the other topics, how're you finding it?
Reply 58
we're doing research methods once a week & weaving it into the other topics, how're you finding it?

I'm not finding it too difficult. But then again I do A Level Maths so that is helping a lot. My teacher isn't going through stuff such as 'questionnaires' and 'pilot studies' because we learnt this in AS. So she's just doing stuff like the statistical tests etc.. you?
Original post by hhh123
I'm not finding it too difficult. But then again I do A Level Maths so that is helping a lot. My teacher isn't going through stuff such as 'questionnaires' and 'pilot studies' because we learnt this in AS. So she's just doing stuff like the statistical tests etc.. you?

I did GCSE stats so it's not too taxing luckily :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending