The Student Room Group

PSYA4 27TH JAN 2012- Schizophrenia, Aggression, Research Methods

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I did GCSE stats so it's not too taxing luckily :P

Arrr that's good. I'm just doing a 10 mark homework essay on addictive behaviour. But i'm stuck! How did you do in AS?
Original post by hhh123
Arrr that's good. I'm just doing a 10 mark homework essay on addictive behaviour. But i'm stuck! How did you do in AS?

79.5% overall, so close to an A D:
I'd try and help but I'm doing Media not Addiction :frown:
Reply 62
79.5% overall, so close to an A D:
I'd try and help but I'm doing Media not Addiction :frown:

Oh well done, that's great, I'm sure you can make it up to an A.
I got an A in PSYA2, but a flipping D in PSYA1. Something went wrong! So I am resitting PSYA1 in aim to get an A.. alongside this unit.
No prob!
Reply 63
Is anyone on here doing Media Psychology?

If so, have you learned about the Cognitive Dissonance and Self-Perception Theory? Cause I've just found them in the text book and wondering now if I should have notes on it!
Original post by Gromit94
Is anyone on here doing Media Psychology?

If so, have you learned about the Cognitive Dissonance and Self-Perception Theory? Cause I've just found them in the text book and wondering now if I should have notes on it!

I am and I've not heard of them, the textbooks tend to have more theories than we need to know so people can choose which they like the most :') what were they explanations of?
Reply 65
I am and I've not heard of them, the textbooks tend to have more theories than we need to know so people can choose which they like the most :') what were they explanations of?

I checked with my teacher and she said they were on the old spec :smile:

It's to do with the idea of buying a item you didn't need and getting home and realising you didn't need it. :smile:
Original post by Gromit94
I checked with my teacher and she said they were on the old spec :smile:

It's to do with the idea of buying a item you didn't need and getting home and realising you didn't need it. :smile:

the old explanations are or thats what you're trying to explain? Confused:frown:
Reply 67
the old explanations are or thats what you're trying to explain? Confused:frown:

The Cognitive Dissonance/Self-Perception Theory aren't on the syallabus anymore; my second sentence was what those theories supposedly are about :smile: sorry :smile:
We've still not finished the course, everyone else seems to be doing revision in class and that. Where are you guys up to?
Reply 69
Original post by MissLightyear
We've still not finished the course, everyone else seems to be doing revision in class and that. Where are you guys up to?

Nearly finished.
Original post by MissLightyear

we're on the therapies of Schizophrenia

also I had a thought of a way of remembering Mann-Whitney = independant groups, it's a double barrel name and theres atleast two groups in indepedant groups :biggrin:
we're on the therapies of Schizophrenia

also I had a thought of a way of remembering Mann-Whitney = independant groups, it's a double barrel name and theres atleast two groups in indepedant groups :biggrin:

Original post by Tpos
Nearly finished.

Ah, at least were not massively behind then! :smile:
Reply 72
I have to take this instead of PSYA3 in Jan, does anyone have notes for Schizophrenia, Media and Research Methods? I want all the help i can get ;/
My group is Schizophrenia, Addictive Behaviour and Research Methods.

About the 25 Marker! Is it solely on Schizophrenia?
Reply 74
Original post by Brap4k22DivideBy2
My group is Schizophrenia, Addictive Behaviour and Research Methods.

About the 25 Marker! Is it solely on Schizophrenia?

WOOO you're doing the same combination as me :-)
And my teachers have said that the Schizophrenia question will be the bigger question although it could be broken down into AO1 and AO2. And the addictive behaviour questions will definitely be broken down.
Have you managed to do much revision?
Yeh a bit! =/ Schizophrenia wont be that bad. We've done nearly most of the 25 markers for practise etc. I just hate the questions where you have to write about initiation, maintenance and relapse of addiction. :angry:

How far are you on revision and how's it going?
Reply 76
Media is so tedious and feels so long, Schizophrenia is similar to the AS course its so nice :smile:. Research Methods are a hit and miss once again >_<. Im trying to revise for Psychology but i get so bored and fall asleep... Theres so many studies i dont know which ones to use :/
Don't rely on this but in AS my teacher said it was Ok to write "Research has shown", "Evidence"(etc) instead of remembering all the names of the psychologists. As long as you know the A01/2 parts of the study, You're all good! :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by Brap4k22DivideBy2
Yeh a bit! =/ Schizophrenia wont be that bad. We've done nearly most of the 25 markers for practise etc. I just hate the questions where you have to write about initiation, maintenance and relapse of addiction. :angry:

How far are you on revision and how's it going?

Yeah I completely agree with you! At my college I have also done all the possible 25 markers for Schizophrenia! I don't like the Theory of Planned Behaviour etc in addiction.

Revision is ok thanks, i've tried to keep on top of it from the beginning. However i'm resitting PSYA1 so i'm trying to revise for that as well! :-( And I'm going on holiday next week for the week so that's one week gone out of revision!
Yeh I've got PSYA2 to do as well. Got a B but I need an A. Got soooo much to revise this holiday, as well as Geography 40 Mark questions and Physics :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending