The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

MSc Cyber Security

Hi there, I am on said course and starting early October, I was just wondering if anyone else was on it too as I cant see it being the most overly subscribed course.

If so, (this could go to any masters students I guess) has anyone else found that their timetable hasn't been generated after pre-registering yet? I'm commuting and it would really help me to find out my timetable early as possible.

Cheers.
Reply 1
Doing an MSc in computer science and I haven't got my timetable nor can I enrol on a minor course at all.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I am a philosophy politics and economics undergrad, and even I have not received my timetable.
Reply 3
Haha, I feel rather silly because I was under the impression that it was only postgraduates starting unusually late but after an obvious search for term times it appears the whole of Lancaster is a late starter. That's put my mind at rest for a lot of reasons, namely getting a parking permit... I really badly need to be able to park on campus!
Reply 4
I'm starting computer science october, tell me how the cyber security course goes because that's what I plan to do afterwards :smile:
Reply 5

I did Computer Science for my degree, it was good fun and it has a lot of potential to prepare you well. If you really want to excel at Cyber Security though I'd definitely work hard with any programming you're asked to do, a good healthy understanding will help you a lot.
Reply 6
Original post by Devio
I did Computer Science for my degree, it was good fun and it has a lot of potential to prepare you well. If you really want to excel at Cyber Security though I'd definitely work hard with any programming you're asked to do, a good healthy understanding will help you a lot.

Hello my friend,
Can you please share your experience with the Cybersecurity course?? :smile: I will appreciate very much if you do it because I am really confused which course to choose for computer/cyber security. I would like to know how difficult is the course,how many subjects do you take in each semester and what about the thesis!

Thank you!!
Original post by Devio

Are you currently interested in a cyber security analyst position?
You don't have to/get to choose your 1st year minor until freshers week, although you can obviously do research and think about what you might want to do, then during freshers week there'll be talks about the different minors available (just pick and choose which ones you want to go to), and then at the end of the week you'll have a chance to actually go an discuss your choices with a member of the teaching staff and make a decision.

(Going in to my 2nd year at Lancaster studying Computer Science, feel free to ask me any questions you might have.)
Original post by Joe1000000
You don't have to/get to choose your 1st year minor until freshers week, although you can obviously do research and think about what you might want to do, then during freshers week there'll be talks about the different minors available (just pick and choose which ones you want to go to), and then at the end of the week you'll have a chance to actually go an discuss your choices with a member of the teaching staff and make a decision.

(Going in to my 2nd year at Lancaster studying Computer Science, feel free to ask me any questions you might have.)

Hello,
Any chances you have an idea about the MSc Cyber security out there? Job prospects and course curriculum?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending