Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

History Applicants Stalking thread 2012 entry

Announcements Posted on
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xyris)
    I just got an email from UCL saying I've passed the first phase of consideration and that they're going to give me an answer at the latest by February :
    :woo: well done! UCL sounds insane with the whole "phases" thing, it sounds like Oxford or Cambridge or something!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellettwm)
    Hi guys

Thought I would introduce myself as I seem to be spending my life on Track at the moment :P

GCSEs: 10 A*, 1 A (Hooray for Maths...)
    ASistory, English Lit., Politics, Spanish- A,A,A,A.
    Predicted: 4 A*
    Choices: Cambridge (Trinity), Durham (Castle), Bristol, St. Andrews, York =]

Bricking it :P Good luck to everyone!
    Sorry if this is wrong and just seems like a really weird question but your name can't be a coincidence... are you Will? Did you go on the Cambridge Law Conference?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theteenagecurse)
    Sorry if this is wrong and just seems like a really weird question but your name can't be a coincidence... are you Will? Did you go on the Cambridge Law Conference?
    Aha Yeah that's me Who is this?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellettwm)
    Aha Yeah that's me Who is this?
    haha, thought so! It's Sian, I was in Pembroke with you :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niki_girl)
    :woo: well done! UCL sounds insane with the whole "phases" thing, it sounds like Oxford or Cambridge or something!
    Thanks! Well done with your offers so far, not sure if you remember me but I was asking whether I'd be a good history applicant or not a month or two back on here and you gave me a huge confident boost with your replies, cheers! Hopefully once I get some more replies in I'll be ready to relax. Good luck for the future!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from Exeter (Streatham campus)?
    Terrified :afraid:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough offer, B in maths

I'm going to have all my responses by mid november by the looks of it, Sussex said early November and they are the only ones I'm waiting for
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)

I'm going to have all my responses by mid november by the looks of it, Sussex said early November and they are the only ones I'm waiting for
    Wooo, well done!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I sent my UCAS application off today, got to play the waiting now!

AS: AABB
    Predicted: A*AA - History, English Language & Literature and Sociology

Applied to King's College, three courses at University Of Manchester & Royal Holloway!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSophistory)
    Has anyone got an offer from Exeter (Streatham campus)?
    Terrified :afraid:
    Same I'm watching & waiting like a hawk or something!

(Original post by Xyris)
    Thanks! Well done with your offers so far, not sure if you remember me but I was asking whether I'd be a good history applicant or not a month or two back on here and you gave me a huge confident boost with your replies, cheers! Hopefully once I get some more replies in I'll be ready to relax. Good luck for the future!
    I do remember now! Good luck with the rest of your application

Lucky you! That's great!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    gna be spending my life on track too -_-

applied for pure History V100
    GCSE 10A* 4A
    AS Bio A Chem A History A English Lang Lit A

Oxford, LSE, UCL, St Andrews, Warwick

good luck everyone!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Nottingham! AAA
    Hopefully now I'll be able to relax and stop checking track obsessively... at least for a while anyway.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got an AAB offer with an A in history for southampton
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <3 inbetweener =D)
    Got an AAB offer with an A in history for southampton
    Oooh have you got your post offer open day letter yet?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oooh have you got your post offer open day letter yet?
    nope, i literally just got the offer so im guessing they wont have sent it yet? how long did yours take to come?
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <3 inbetweener =D)
    nope, i literally just got the offer so im guessing they wont have sent it yet? how long did yours take to come?
    Mine came a couple of days after :yep: I'm going to the one on the 14th Dec, think there is a second in February :yy:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine came a couple of days after :yep: I'm going to the one on the 14th Dec, think there is a second in February :yy:
    Oh coool See you there maybe
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Nottingham this morning, AAA
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just out of interest, how many books did you guys mention in your personal statements? also did you guys talk about arguments you were interested in? im scared i'm sounding too much like a history paper
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    just out of interest, how many books did you guys mention in your personal statements? also did you guys talk about arguments you were interested in? im scared i'm sounding too much like a history paper
    Hey,
    I mentioned one book and talked about the arguments it presented and how good/poor I thought they were, luckily the book was so pretentious and obscure it was easy to criticize but still respect the opinion. I wouldn't personally mention a general argument in History and talk about your respected views. It's all up to you at the end of the day

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.