The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

When is freshers week?

I'm at the university of Nottingham and I'm confused as to the actual start date of freshers. My accommodation starts on the 24th in raleigh park but I hear some people are already there?

The website says the term starts on the 26th, but I thought freshers was before the term starts?

Other universities seem to already have started?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
from what i understaqnd, it's the week starting 26th.

also people in non uni accomodation can sometimes get there earlier.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Yup, freshers starts next week for home students and this week for overseas students to give them a chance to settle in.

Private accommodation can sometimes let you move in earlier too but official freshers starts next week. I think lectures start on the Thursday but they'll be the simple and short admin type ones.
I'm moving in on Sunday, I believe.
Reply 4
Original post by snoogy
Yup, freshers starts next week for home students and this week for overseas students to give them a chance to settle in.

Private accommodation can sometimes let you move in earlier too but official freshers starts next week. I think lectures start on the Thursday but they'll be the simple and short admin type ones.

Most lectures start on Thursday but Physics has quite a few, admittedly admin type things, starting on 26th. Most 2nd years and 3rd seem to be goinf back on 23rd and 24th.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending