The Student Room Group

will having casual sex during freshers week ruin a girls rep for the whole degree ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IlexBlue
Haha! Tbf the guy they're with did the whole thing for a shock factor during a concert... and they're wearing masks! :wink:

Excuse me for butting in, but you've made me curious.... What are they actually doing? I don't get it lol.. I mean other than kissing....:confused: What's the other girl doing coming up behind?

Sorry, I'm probably not hardcore enough or something :colondollar:
Original post by littledreams
I can't believe you're going into freshers week hoping to indulge in casual sex. Pathetic.

why is that pathetic? :s-smilie:
Original post by TheEssence
For those of you saying it doesn't matter, type in kingston exposed, i would link you to the pdf but i don't wan't to get banned you'll see what it can do... not to such an extent but people know and will judge you.. see how the guys are getting rated /cussed for the amount they have done, whilst girls are being only insulted....

I read it, I felt a bit sorry for the people in it, an article said they got abused in the street.
just see what happens.

I'm not going to university FOR the sex, but if there's a hot guy, then.. why not? It's not like I'm a slag for sleeping with ONE guy.. I don't think you should be planning these things, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't then oh well!
Original post by chronic_fatigue
I read it, I felt a bit sorry for the people in it, an article said they got abused in the street.

i know crazy, a lot of stuff like that happens just doesn't go as commercial.
I wouldn't say it does.

I slept with a guy I knew on the first night, ran around naked for a while then passed out in his room naked and his friend found me while looking for him. One of the girls on my course was on his floor and she didn't even know who I was despite my antics as she was too drunk.

The next night me and my friends had some guys in my room and two passed out on my bed, so I took the duvet and slept on the floor. People knew, but since they came to the door and seen them ko'd and me making a den for myself in my pjs they didn't care.

Another boy I got close with I ended up going out with in the end for a year and a half.

So, I slept with one, stayed over with another and had two guys in my room (albiet not the same as sleeping with them all, but people never knew for sure) and because I never spoke about it, mentioned it again etc. it was old news by the next morning - no one cared.

However, one girl on my floor but another kitchen, she slept with a different guy for 7 nights and bragged about it non stop - she got labelled a slut as a result.
Reply 106
Original post by katypurples1012
Excuse me for butting in, but you've made me curious.... What are they actually doing? I don't get it lol.. I mean other than kissing....:confused: What's the other girl doing coming up behind?

Sorry, I'm probably not hardcore enough or something :colondollar:

:lol: It's fine, it's not really that hardcore... the guy is the artist performing the song at the concert, and the two girls in masks are his back-up dancers. During an instrumental part of one of the songs, they start dancing around him and one of them kisses him (the one who grabs his face), and then the other, before they go off and dance again. It's all for entertainment purposes, really. The song's a bit dramatic.

It was one of my favourite concerts though, so that's why it's there. :biggrin:
Original post by thecookiemonster
why is that pathetic? :s-smilie:

Why the **** does the country have no morals anymore? Why can't we just have sex with people we love; what's good about engaging in something highly intimate with a complete stranger who has no actual concern for you? Neg me all you like, I will never understand.
Original post by L i b
No, in the real world, getting a reputation as a bit of a slapper really does have consequences, people do care and university communities are smaller than one might think. I'm not entering into a moral debate on whether that's right or wrong, but it's certainly the case.

If we're talking about ages here, I've got a good five years on you, experience-wise - assuming that '92' bit of your username is a date of birth.

No, people don't care who's sleeping with who as they generally have their own lives to get on with. And if they do it'll be 'oh' and then forgotten in 5 seconds.
Sleeping with one person is hardly going to get you a reputation as a slapper for the next 3 years.
Reply 109
the amount of slut shaming in this thread is gross, did i accidentally wonder into the 19th century? have as much casual sex as you want, as long as you're safe, and don't value the opinion of people who try to repress female sexuality by dictating how much sex is acceptable.
Original post by Fat-Love
I worked hard for that cake. What am I going to do with it if not eat it?

You promised me cake GlaDOS

I love your sig, I'm guessing you did Maths A Level.
Reply 111
Freshers week is not an excuse to be a slut... But from a male point of view, who cares? I love sluts :smile:
Original post by Iron Mask Duval
Nah, chances are she will just lie about it.

Your sig picture is probably the greatest thing I have come across on TSR...
Original post by Coben
not really, I slept with a guy on saturday night i met at a freshers event, nothing wrong in it.

yoo set me your digits
Reply 114
Original post by Eclair
paha, poor you. don't get the right boo-ee thing though, sorryyy.

Obviously they said it as a joke... it means "right, batty-boy" or something along those lines
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Your sig picture is probably the greatest thing I have come across on TSR...

Oh, thank you :smile:
It's never even been complimented before let alone described as the best thing ever seen on TSR :biggrin:
Reply 116
A lot of you folks are taking this way too seriously.
Who gives a damn if someone sleeps with someone else?
If you're worried that nosy busybody and/or immature types will cause an issue, just keep your mouth shut about your private life.

Being worried about what other people think of your sex life is ridiculous.
Reply 117
Original post by PinkMocassin
just asking out of interest....

Course it won't, people at uni tend to be more open minded. Casual sex is the norm.
Reply 118
Original post by JGR
A lot of you folks are taking this way too seriously.
Who gives a damn if someone sleeps with someone else?
If you're worried that nosy busybody and/or immature types will cause an issue, just keep your mouth shut about your private life.

Being worried about what other people think of your sex life is ridiculous.

People always find out. There's no such thing as having a private sex life at uni. You'll gain more respect from a greater amount of people if you get into a relationship first. That's how it seemed at my uni, anyway.
Original post by littledreams
Why the **** does the country have no morals anymore? Why can't we just have sex with people we love; what's good about engaging in something highly intimate with a complete stranger who has no actual concern for you? Neg me all you like, I will never understand.

I agreee completely, and i wish more women were like you.

Original post by eames
the amount of slut shaming in this thread is gross, did i accidentally wonder into the 19th century? have as much casual sex as you want, as long as you're safe, and don't value the opinion of people who try to repress female sexuality by dictating how much sex is acceptable.

Have as much casual sex as you want and don't ever be surprised if many guys won't want a long term relationship with you.

Quick Reply

Latest