Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    Yeah, embarrassingly enough I got an offer for MORSE last year (for 2011 entry) but missed it - I got A*A*BB. I'm not sure how good it'll look retaking and then reapplying but y'know, I really am desperate to do MORSE! I'll email the admission guys soon... The only hope I have is that I think the maths department give out offers to resit applicants and then hopefully i can meet that and then transfer to morse. That's why I'm thinking of applying to both...
    You realize you need to get a grade in STEP too?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    You realize you need to get a grade in STEP too?
    for my MORSE offer last year i didn't...they asked for A*AA
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    for my MORSE offer last year i didn't...they asked for A*AA
    Ohh right, that's fine then.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it common for people to be rejected with predicted grades A*AA with f.maths?
    I'm so worried :s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttermints)
    Is it common for people to be rejected with predicted grades A*AA with f.maths?
    I'm so worried :s
    Relax, you'll most likely get an offer. The issue isn't so much about getting the offer, but rather meeting it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powermanchu)
    Relax, you'll most likely get an offer. The issue isn't so much about getting the offer, but rather meeting it.
    This has made me very happy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is that just for maths or for MORSE aswell?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    Just for maths, MORSE isn't dealt with by the maths department.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For Math, you have the added pressure of STEP (although, arguably, that's also there for MORSE/MathStat, depending on your A level grades, or if you want to snag that cash incentive).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Just for maths, MORSE isn't dealt with by the maths department.
    thanks

For Math, you have the added pressure of STEP (although, arguably, that's also there for MORSE/MathStat, depending on your A level grades, or if you want to snag that cash incentive).
    ooh what cash incentive?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ooh what cash incentive?
    If you do well in STEP/AEA you get a few ton. The quantities of which i'm not sure of.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do they class Accounting as a soft subject? I'm doing 4 subjects, Maths,furthermaths,economics and accounting, will my offer not include accounting in it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ooh what cash incentive?
    This year, it was consisted of a one time award of £500 if you scored a 1 or higher on the STEP.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for MMORSE today, I am bloody terrified but I sent it nice and early - also I meet the standard offer. Just a case of waiting, biting my nails and regaining consciousness.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DymentriX)
    I applied for MMORSE today, I am bloody terrified but I sent it nice and early - also I meet the standard offer. Just a case of waiting, biting my nails and regaining consciousness.
    And guess what? I have applied to MMORSE around that time too and it took me 6 months to get an offer from them. So good luck, and be patient!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj193)
    If you do well in STEP/AEA you get a few ton. The quantities of which i'm not sure of.
    This year, it was consisted of a one time award of £500 if you scored a 1 or higher on the STEP.
    What if you acheived a 1 in STEP I in yr 12 (so you "probably" do not have to sit it again)?

Probably will stick to Warwick maths; hopefully won't need to do step again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanc04)
    And guess what? I have applied to MMORSE around that time too and it took me 6 months to get an offer from them. So good luck, and be patient!
    Oh dear god, but WHY?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear god, but WHY?
    On the flip side of things, there's a number of people who got a MORSE offer in November and December. I got my MathStat offer around then.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear god, but WHY?
    People who got their interviews at November and December for MORSE all got offers from Oxbridge, and I guess I'm one of the maybe pile...

Three people that I met during the interview aren't coming to Warwick with me, so I dunno... Good luck to you anyway!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Thank you for your application to study at The University of Warwick.

The University of Warwick is committed to fair admissions and will give full and equal consideration to all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15 January 2012. Warwick's courses are extremely competitive and some decisions will not be finalised until all applications have been received and considered, so you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying."

There's the comformation of what you said to me :L. Hmm, not feeling too good about my chances now :L

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: November 24, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.